E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Neat tricks" thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Something I just found out. If when listening to the radio to Press and hold the Track Forward button on the steering wheel it Scans the stations to the Right, same thing works with Track Back and it Scans to the Left.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by mrthumb66
To clarify, when you say "control it with your car controls", do you mean just the volume control? Using the thumb drive does not let you switch songs using the I-drive, does it?
yes...the song list shows up on the i-drive screen, you use the i-drive knob to scroll though the songs and select the one you want...this is a really nice feature!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525I Titangrau II

Originally Posted by neoe60
Mine will pull out and lock whether or not the car is in D or S mode and it doesn't retract when put in Park?

Also, the manual doesn't mention anything about that piece of the armrest being able to do that?
This happens because your E-brake is up, when the E-brake lever is pulled up to engage the E-brake it blocks the armrest from locking into place. This isn't a feature and it has no idea if you are in drive or park. If you are parked and the E-brake is down you will be able to lock the arm rest in place. The E-brake just physically blocks the armrest from extending fully when up
Old 03-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

Yeah start without the key in the key holder is nice but here is one thing, do you have to put the key back in to turn the engine off. Cuz when i try to turn the car off without the key, the radio and the indicator lights are still on. i have to put the key back in , start the car and off again.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i

Try this - simply press the Start button a second time (with fob still out). This will completely turn off the car.

Originally Posted by NguyenAzn
Yeah start without the key in the key holder is nice but here is one thing, do you have to put the key back in to turn the engine off. Cuz when i try to turn the car off without the key, the radio and the indicator lights are still on. i have to put the key back in , start the car and off again.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 550i, 6 Speed Manual w/Sport Pkg, Black RPI Exhaust, Turner 15mm Rear Spacers, 20% Tint

In my 6 Speed manual - at a complete stop with the car in 1st gear/clutch in - the brakes will hold the car in place for tree seconds to help you on a hill.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by DelVal550i
In my 6 Speed manual - at a complete stop with the car in 1st gear/clutch in - the brakes will hold the car in place for tree seconds to help you on a hill.
Mine only holds it for like 1.5.....
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray, Gray Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navi, Steptronic, Xenons

Originally Posted by westcoast550
I'll check this out , I always put my car in the garage without closing the sun roof,and when i realize it is still open always end up having to start the car to allow it to close. This must be the way to do it without starting it .... I hope.

Cheers
All you have to do is hold down the lock button on the key fob for several seconds to close the windows and the sunroof. The reverse is true as well. You can hold the unlock button on the key fob to open the windows and sunroof remotely. You might be able to close the sunroof from your living room if the garage is attached!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
One minor note about this -- it doesn't increase or decrease in 5mph increments, it rounds it to the next 5mph increment. In other words, if you're cruise is already set to 58mph, pressing the lever forward two clicks will take you up 2mph to 60, not to 63mph (which would be adding 5mph to 58...)

I know, I know, I'm anal! You guys are just going to have to deal with it!!

that is anal!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 535d. Heated memory front seats. Auto dimming mirror and fold in mirrors. Logic 7 system. Extended voice control. Xenons and headlight washers.

Any more tips? Have just picked up a used 535d and loving this thread.

Quick Reply: "Neat tricks" thread!