E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My BMW remote

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09' 525i M Sport Alpine White 19" 172 Alloys Logic 7 USB Sun Protection Glass Lumbar Support SAT (Sports Auto Transmission)

BMW UK launches a new app for our bimmers. Labeled ?My BMW Remote?, the new iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app, includes the remote functions of BMW Assist. (See iTunes link)

Here are some of the features available: Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Remote Climate Control, Remote Light Flash (remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle), Google Local Search (address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system) and Vehicle Finder (display of current vehicle position on a map in the iPhone ? for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometers).

There are a few prerequisites to using this Apple App and they are outlined below:

?With its innovative services, BMW ConnectedDrive enhances the safety, comfort and infotainment of your BMW ? for example with the services of BMW Assist.
The remote functions of BMW Assist and the ?My BMW Remote? app provide you with a connection to your BMW via the mobile phone network.

You want to activate the ventilation in your BMW before you reach your car on a hot summer day?

You are unsure whether or not you have locked your parked BMW and wish to lock it for peace of mind ? without having to be close by?

The ?My BMW Remote? app can be used exclusively by customers with an active BMW Assist contract. If you have not yet activated BMW Assist, you can do so very simply at your computer by going to www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive and then selecting the online application form.

The technical requirements for using BMW Assist are as follows:

Professional or Business navigation system with integrated Bluetooth telephone preparation.
? Do you drive a BMW 7 Series built from October 2010?
? Do you drive a BMW 5 Series built from October 2010?
? Do you drive a BMW X3 built from November 2010?
If so, you can use the following functions with the ?My BMW Remote? app installed on an Apple iPhone:
> Remote Door Lock & Unlock
> Remote Climate Control
> Remote Light Flash: remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle
> Google Local Search: address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
> Vehicle Finder: display of current vehicle position on a map in the iPhone ? for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometre.

Or do you drive any other BMW model built from September 2008*?

If so, you can use the following services:
> Remote Door Lock & Unlock
> Google Local Search: address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
*Except X3 models built before September 2010 and Z4 models built before 2009.

The ?My BMW Remote? app is available free of charge to you as a BMW Assist customer. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for mobility services with BMW Assist..

General questions on ?My BMW Remote? app

What do I need to use BMW remote functions?
> You require an active BMW Assist contract. You can take out such a contract on the internet at www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive > complete online application form > new application.

How can I activate the remote functions for my vehicle?
> For details, please refer to the BMW ConnectedDrive portal (www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk) after you have taken out your contract, using the log-in data you receive by text message. Please go to Profile and Settings > My remote services > Activate remote services.

Is there a demo version of the app?
> Yes, the app has a demo mode which allows you to find out about the remote functions.

Will it cost me anything to use the app?
> No, costs are covered by your BMW Assist contract. The only costs incurred are those charged by your network provider for data connections.

Link to further FAQ?s (www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk)
Old 10-05-2010, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

Wow. This sounds totally awesome.

I have BMW assist but it's not supported in my country. What can I do? Can I just put the SIM card somewhere to the slot from my carrier? Will that work?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

im mad we dnt have this in the US :thumbsdown:
Old 08-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d M Sport Lci

Originally Posted by BLooD
Hear hear!, we have connected drive accounts, don`t leave us out
Did you ever get this working on your car?