E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The most annoying E60 Features!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

IMO there isn't anything that is annoying.
cheers
vern
Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by vern' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:06 AM
IMO there isn't anything that is annoying.
cheers
vern
[snapback]176434[/snapback]
True. One must also consider what they believe to be "annoying".
Afterall, we all have our limits.

I've had my fair share of e60 bugs, but I don't perceive these to be annoyances. They're all upgrades actually.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 555' date='Sep 26 2005, 01:32 PM
The only this that bugs me are the windows switches.? I don't know how many times I try to lower the windows like 1/4 or 3/4 and the "auto lower" engages too easily.? A lot of cars have a switch that you can really feel.? Then, before you know it, the anti-trap feature still screws up after many software upgrades.? The window switches can definitely be improved.
I never had a problem using this....I tap the button little gently and release my finger if I want to engage the "auto lower" or keep pressing it hard and the system automatically lowers the glass as long as you keep pressing the button. The same is true when I want to move the glasses up...gently pull it up and release for "auto up" or keep pulling up to get it to the required position. Infact, I am amazed that the system reacts pretty quickly based on the pressure we apply.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributors

The most annoying feature is ..... waiting to take delivery!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

My top annoying features are:

(1) The trunk button setting off the alarm-- when I went to pick up my car new at the dealer, they had it on display in hte middle of the showroom-- I set of the alarm inside wiht about 20 people nearby-- totally embarrasing and annoying. I've since figured it out.

(2) Warning light on I-Drive

(3) Gear in DS mode upshifts too late when cruising at steady speed around 25mph

(4) Phone automatically redials sometimes when I push the phone button instead of the talk button on the steering wheel-- I know this is my fault for not following the directions, but I don't like being made to look foolish due to a confusing set-up.

(5) Tone settings on the std hi-fi stereo are very bland-- they're fine if I crank the treble to +4 and the bass to +6, but it shouldn't have to be that hard. They need to have a "loudness" circuit built in. The stereo sounds fine when you make the adjustments, it just seems weird that it has to be cranked so far on a $60K car. OK, maybe I should have shelled out the $1,800 dollars for L7, but that is a lot for a car stereo in my book.

(6) My kids complain about finding the rear seat belt latches-- they are a bit too far below the seat which makes them hard to access.

Of course all of these minor complaints are well worth it when driving the e60-- I love it and wouldn't trade it for any other car in the same price range. The driving experience is FANTASTIC and the sport package is INCREDIBLE. Abosutely LOVE the car.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Members

1. I don't like the trunk automatically opening wide open. It always seems to scare the living daylights out of me. I wish the remote or switches would simply unlock the trunk for you to lift open on your own.
2. I dont like having to Accept the I-drive disclaimer every time I start my car.
3. Window switches are too sensitive.
4. US don't get cigarette lighters in the rear - just plastic inserts. (Is this annoying, not really, but I hate having to explain it to every single rear passanger that gets in my car.)
5. Cupholders (no need to explain)
6. Seat belt warning that never ends!
7. Cruise control stalk too close to signal stock. I sometimes hit the cruise control stock when I meant to signal. (Don't ask me how, but I do.)
8. CD changer location is way too far from the driver's seat.