E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The most annoying E60 Features!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

OK, just to be the counterweight here ...

1. I like the cupholders. They are the best I have ever had in a car, except the fabulous ones in my 1996 Taurus SHO.

2. I like the turn signal actuation. It has become so intuitive that I much prefer it to the more conventional style.

3. I like the fact that the seatbelt chimes stay on. This gives me a good reason to blame the car (rather than my own control mania) when I insist that my passengers buckle up. If they don't, we'll continue to hear the annoying chime! Works quite well.

I do wish the I-drive would come on right away.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:57 PM
OK, just to be the counterweight here ...

1.? I like the cupholders.? They are the best I have ever had in a car, except the fabulous ones in my 1996 Taurus SHO.

I think the cupholders are fine too.

2.? I like the turn signal actuation.? It has become so intuitive that I much prefer it to the more conventional style.

What am I missing? As far as I am concerned, mine are conventional.

3.? I like the fact that the seatbelt chimes stay on.? This gives me a good reason to blame the car (rather than my own control mania) when I insist that my passengers buckle up.? If they don't, we'll continue to hear the annoying chime!? Works quite well.

I think the chimes are fine too. They might wait a tad longer to come home. But, no problem.

I do wish the I-drive would come on right away.
[snapback]175838[/snapback]
Old 09-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Members

[quote name='donv' date='Sep 27 2005, 01:28 PM']
[quote name='MaxBuck' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:57 PM']OK, just to be the counterweight here ...

1.? I like the cupholders.? They are the best I have ever had in a car, except the fabulous ones in my 1996 Taurus SHO.

Just to counter your counterweight...Am I correct that the driver's cupholder's location in your car is on the passenger's side of the car? If so, am I to assume such a reach across is of no inconvenience to you and your passenger? Perhaps there is a cupholder on the driver's side that I have failed to find?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by MacD' date='Sep 27 2005, 01:50 PM
[quote name='MaxBuck' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:57 PM']OK, just to be the counterweight here ...

1. I like the cupholders. They are the best I have ever had in a car, except the fabulous ones in my 1996 Taurus SHO.

Just to counter your counterweight...Am I correct that the driver's cupholder's location in your car is on the passenger's side of the car? If so, am I to assume such a reach across is of no inconvenience to you and your passenger? Perhaps there is a cupholder on the driver's side that I have failed to find?
[snapback]175870[/snapback]
Yes, mine is where yours is. Adminttely, it is not the best design, but it doesn't bother me or my passengers--well unless I try to use the one next to the passenger's door. ~{;^)
Old 09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like to visit the dealer to program, every time i want to change my automatic headligts on-off sensitivity, or how the air condition system will initialize when start up the vehicle (to memorize the last use or not, etc.)or to select side mirrors to fold or not every time i lock the car, or to memorize or not the seat and or mirrors positions when unlock the car, and much more useful adjustments.
I think, it is very easy BMW programmers to put all these selections into i-drive menu.

Regards.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by MacD' date='Sep 27 2005, 02:50 PM
[quote name='MaxBuck' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:57 PM']
Actually, I'd characterize the driver's cupholder to be about in the center of the dash, when fully extended. Not to be nitpicky or anything.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' date='Sep 27 2005, 06:40 PM
[quote name='MacD' date='Sep 27 2005, 02:50 PM']
[quote name='MaxBuck' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:57 PM']
Actually, I'd characterize the driver's cupholder to be about in the center of the dash, when fully extended. Not to be nitpicky or anything.
[snapback]176080[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have to disagree. These flip-out cupholders in the dash are just a poor design. :thumbsdown:

What is even more unfortunate is that other automakers like Audi and MB seem to have the same bug in their cupholder design schematics ...
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

It's simple. I drove my previous car for 13 years! During that time, I had no cup holders and no iDrive. Having both is such a HUGE upgrade for me.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

I was under the impression that the key fob alarm function was changed to require more time to activate with the button in newer software releases than it was before.

I say that because it used to be a problem for me, but isn't anymore.

I've not had my alarm sound when I use the trunk release button for a long time now.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Members

oooh...I just thought of another one,

I've had three E39s in a row and every year for my summer trip to France I used to lift the bonnet (hood) , reach in and switch over the RH to LH button and viola..headlights are aligned to drive in mainland Europe in 30 seconds flat. This brilliant option was fitted on both Halogen and Xenon lights.

...roll forward to this years inaugarul summer trip in my E60, night before I lift the bonnet (hood) and there is NO SWITCH. BMW took away the switch for low life scum like me that didn't order the Xenons. Had to blow ?7 on nasty lens stickies and crawl on the ground sticking them over the lens...how demeaning.

Nice touch BMW!

Quick Reply: The most annoying E60 Features!!