E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

If I knew it was gonna be this much fun.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Uff .. that is so BMW
Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Sorry to hear your horror story. I also drive a 535i but i never experienced any kind of problem with my car. I even have a JB3 tune and drive the car hard on the freeway with clear open roads and the freakin' turbo torque is just awesome. The car pulls hard like a freight train. You're just one of those unlucky owners who happen to get a lemon car. Lemon law will save your ass some $$$. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW: 7" lift, 35" tires, PPE stage 7, MBRP turbo-back, back-up camera, trac bars, Bilsteins. Pine air freshener.

I dug this thread back up to add some interesting news. Despite using what I thought was at least the 'average' common sense I posses, I let the wife get a new 335(she wanted the coupe). I let her get it because she felt lightening wouldn't strike twice in the same spot.
She got it last November or so and today, THE FREAKING FUEL PUMP FAILED.
Weird thing is, I just can't get upset about it. Of course the little woman is fuming, but I told her we made our bed....We had the best information that SCREAMED DO NOT get another car with this motor in it. In my defense, I wanted the new diesel, but at that time there were only like two within 500 miles, and they wanted all the money for them, and more. I caved, and now I'm paying for it.
Our 535 was an '08, and this 335 is a '10. Not making excuses, but I would think that with the engineering capability of BMW, they could/would have fixed the problem by now. To the best of my knowledge, nobody else has this sort of problem with their fuel pumps, and there's numerous turbo'd cars out there.
Don't take pity on me...call me names, question my intelligence and tell me I'm the reason why these auto manufacturers get away with the crap they do. It's the truth.
I'm gonna make myself a bed of nails this weekend, and am gonna pound my head into the wall every day until this car too, is gone from my garage.
Carry on...
Old 05-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

sorry to read your hpfp problems have carried over into another n54 engine...hope it's a one and done replacement

I'm wondering if the 2011 335i's/f10 535i's with the n55 engine will have addressed and resolved the hpfp issues of it's predecessor....
Old 05-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW: 7" lift, 35" tires, PPE stage 7, MBRP turbo-back, back-up camera, trac bars, Bilsteins. Pine air freshener.

Sure as sh*t...HPFP..but we don't need to worry...the mechanic said we shouldn't have any more probs..
I personally don't think they're gonna fix the issue...either that or they feel the 'fix' would be too costly. They're in their 3rd model-year(at least) with it, and it's not going away. My wife's now kinda excited because the dealer's CSR told her she'll give her any loaner she wants next time it happens, and my wife wants to drive a 6-series. The last 2 or 3 times on the 535 I asked her to get the damn diesel and she blew me off. Now she's gonna do it again. When this thing goes tits up, it's not gonna be a 6 series we'll end up with. It'll be diesel or no BMW-and that's even if I could afford a 6,which I can't.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by fastkevin
Sure as sh*t...HPFP..but we don't need to worry...the mechanic said we shouldn't have any more probs..
I personally don't think they're gonna fix the issue...either that or they feel the 'fix' would be too costly. They're in their 3rd model-year(at least) with it, and it's not going away. My wife's now kinda excited because the dealer's CSR told her she'll give her any loaner she wants next time it happens, and my wife wants to drive a 6-series. The last 2 or 3 times on the 535 I asked her to get the damn diesel and she blew me off. Now she's gonna do it again. When this thing goes tits up, it's not gonna be a 6 series we'll end up with. It'll be diesel or no BMW-and that's even if I could afford a 6,which I can't.
Your ordeal with the N54 engine is unbelievable. 2 cars. 2 model years apart. Same N54 HPFP failure. :thumbsdown:
Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

It's the gas you are using or the station where you buy it. Two bad motors are statistically unlikely. If that were true then most of us would be having problems and we aren't. About 1/2 of the cars on a 3post.com poll of HPFP failures were from CA. The land of reduced octane. Since your other vehicles are diesel, are you sure someone didn't mistakenly put diesel in a gasoline engine? Also someone here posted that their gas station had 15% ethanol and never advertised it. That is above the 10% that BMW recommends.