E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iDrive crash...Reboot...And now no more sound...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d

The fight has now begun !!!!
Went to the dealer with the idrive NOT working, with the Service icon popping up on the dashboard ; The clock within the dashboard is itself not working right now. I just feel like the whole electronics is going down....
BUT BUT BUT - and that's the most astonishing talk I ever had with my dealer - well the dealer can't do anything before 3 weeks; Just because they first don't have a loaner available, and second because my car can still drive !!!! That's right pal ! I paid for a car with idrive, AirCon, Nav, Seats etc... but the only thing they care of is that the car is still rolling !!!! And as long as it's rolling, they won't move a finger on it........ Can you only imagine this.....
Now you bet I'm more than angry !!!!

Just contacted BMW France with letter, fax and phone ! Fight has begun !!! Tell you that !!!
Maybe BMW France service will be efficient, but who knows ? Will keep you posted!!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That's unbelievable!!!

It's an obvious problem on your car that probably doesn't only affect the 'comfort' functions! You get a warning message to contact BMW IMMEDIATELY! That's what the icon is there for!

They should get their heads out of their a$$es!!

Send an email to: BMW Kundenbetreuung Munich customer care @ BMW HQ.

Give them your VIN, contact info, name of dealership and an exact description of the problems, plus what the dealer tells you!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='435897' date='Jun 15 2007, 12:59 AM
That's unbelievable!!!

It's an obvious problem on your car that probably doesn't only affect the 'comfort' functions! You get a warning message to contact BMW IMMEDIATELY! That's what the icon is there for!

They should get their heads out of their a$$es!!
Send an email to: BMW Kundenbetreuung Munich customer care @ BMW HQ.

Give them your VIN, contact info, name of dealership and an exact description of the problems, plus what the dealer tells you!
Thanks !
Mail is sent !!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:53 AM
Members

Just some info on what's going on:
Left the car sitting for 36 hours in garage at home (since BMW can't do ANYTHING for now... :thumbsdown: )
Came back and started the engine: iDrive came up (still no audio sound); I just had time to make a CHECK procedure just to understand why the SERVICE icon pops out. "INTENSE BATTERY DRAIN" was the message I got on iDrive screen, just before it went back to blank....
From the number of issues in the forums on battery drain, I can't figure out whether its a consequence or a cause of the symptoms I have; finally, if my car can't start, maybe BMW will care a little ??? Who knows ?