E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='365184' date='Dec 9 2006, 01:09 AM
I am rich or any thing but to me time means family...
money is last.
Some people would rather spend time returning substandard goods and further shopping than with their family.

ABC
Old 12-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Contributors

UPS is funny. They came yesterday to pick up the bad wheels. I had a note on my front door asking them to pick the wheels up at my back door (the same place they left them without signature) because I had to go to work. They simply left a "we attempted to pick up" notice.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='365285' date='Dec 9 2006, 03:42 AM
UPS is horrible. This has been the last straw. I've had deliver problems with them before and now I currently am having problems again with them right now with a order. It's not BMW or car related but I just thought I'd share and get it off my chest too. From now on I will NOT use UPS and will not purchase anything online that uses UPS as a shipper. To save a few dollars... its not worth the hassel to me anymore. I'll go with Fed Ex or USPS. I've actually never really had a problem with USPS and they're suppose to be the worse...

well, I only use UPS shipping from hawaii to china from 80 inches long boxes to wheels or other delicate pieces,
nothing happen up to now. Because it really depends on your packaging how is it prepared before its shipped
believe me. All the shipping companies are the same, I am, myself, a internet shopper since 99 and I have seen
many ruined careless packaging from usps and Fedex many times. But again its not the company its shipper`s
way of packaging.

best regards,
Tony
Old 12-09-2006, 05:15 AM
Members

I agree with quad_m. I use UPS for all of my internet shopping, including the oversized packages I've received through the years and recently for the accessorizing of my e60 and my 2007 Cadillac Escalade. I would also like to recommend quad_m for BMW OEM wheels. I bought my set of wheels through him and have only this to say: " Great service! " I received my wheels in 4 sturdy boxes shipped by UPS overnight. Each wheel was wrapped individually with what seems to be yards of plastic shrink wrap and layers of bubble wrap. My wife joked with me as I sat on my family room floor unwrapping each of these wheels for what seemed like forever. The wheels were beautiful! This was an early Christmas present from my wife. Again I highly recommend quad_m!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='363687' date='Dec 5 2006, 12:51 AM
Despite asking bmwwheels.com in an email not to let UPS deliver the boxes without my presence/signature, UPS simply left $1440 worth of product on my front door without a signature.

Does this look a little suspicious?

You should've bought the wheels from South Motors BMW, like I did and you could've avoided the shipping issues, especially from UPS.

Ponster
Old 12-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='365298' date='Dec 9 2006, 06:18 PM
Some people would rather spend time returning substandard goods and further shopping than with their family.

ABC
sorry forgot to put down the work not rich.
so sounds like your not a family man then
Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 - M5 - Alpine White - Portland Brown Full Merino - Madeira Walnut - Manual Trans - Enhanced Premium Sound - HD Radio - Sirius- iPod - Sun Shades - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access

It is indeed unfortunate that such quality products were allowed to be trashed by inadequate packing and shipping methods.

I am sure the light weight single ply boxes are not intended to serve as the primary packaging for purposes of shipping. These light boxes are for stocking protection only. Once removed from a shipping container they would require additional crating/boxing for general shipping purposes.

When I RECEIVED MY WHEELS FROM Tony at QUAD_M THEY ARRIVED IN PERFECT CONDITION. It was also obvious that Tony had added packaging and protective material to each of the four boxes. My recollection is that my wheels came double boxed and with additional cushioning material as well.

If you used a credit card or paid through PayPal you should rest assured that you are still on top and in charge of the transaction. A solution will inevitably be found even if it means you get your money back and you buy elsewhere.

Keep us informed!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='365313' date='Dec 9 2006, 05:38 AM
well, I only use UPS shipping from hawaii to china from 80 inches long boxes to wheels or other delicate pieces,
nothing happen up to now. Because it really depends on your packaging how is it prepared before its shipped
believe me. All the shipping companies are the same, I am, myself, a internet shopper since 99 and I have seen
many ruined careless packaging from usps and Fedex many times. But again its not the company its shipper`s
way of packaging.

best regards,
Tony

Well mine is not a damaged issue. Its an undelivered issued thats been sent back to the shipper. I was trying all week to get them to turn the package around to try the deliver again. Where I'm sending it to is VERY obvious. anyone with half a brain cell can find it. The driver did not even attempt to locate the delivery location. Stuff gets sent there day in and day out and the location can be found w/out a suite number but this perticular driver decided to not even read the 8 Foot tall X 40 Wide Red business sign or even try to open up the double openning glass door with the business name printed on the main entrance floor and send it back to the shipper.

They attempted delviery once and sent it back to the shipper. I called the shipper and the shipper has said they get that a lot from UPS the drivers dont bother to put in any effort or use any brain cells to stop and think. They just return stuff. SO yes 2 weeks later my package is back at the shipper. Now probably another week for it to get it sent out again.

So all the problems I have had with UPS is with the company... not the shipper packaging...
Old 12-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='365307' date='Dec 9 2006, 05:25 AM
UPS is funny. They came yesterday to pick up the bad wheels. I had a note on my front door asking them to pick the wheels up at my back door (the same place they left them without signature) because I had to go to work. They simply left a "we attempted to pick up" notice.

See my post above. The drivers do not try... Just bad service... :thumbsdown: but as for now they've lost me as a customer. I will put in effort to try NOT to use UPS.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 - M5 - Alpine White - Portland Brown Full Merino - Madeira Walnut - Manual Trans - Enhanced Premium Sound - HD Radio - Sirius- iPod - Sun Shades - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='365399' date='Dec 9 2006, 10:58 AM
See my post above. The drivers do not try... Just bad service... :thumbsdown: but as for now they've lost me as a customer. I will put in effort to try NOT to use UPS.
Right.. My bad. I was trying to reply to MONOCOBMW.

Quick Reply: Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM