E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='364765' date='Dec 8 2006, 02:33 AM
It dose not matter were they go wrong as long as they will fix it, that the main point.
The wrong philiosophy entirely. That's why these outfits try to get away with it.

Why should the customer be inconvenienced and charged for substandard goods and services and have to wait for a resolution?

Goods and services providers should get it RIGHT. First time. On time. Every time.

ABC
Old 12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='364889' date='Dec 8 2006, 04:40 PM
The wrong philiosophy entirely. That's why these outfits try to get away with it.

Why should the customer be inconvenienced and charged for substandard goods and services and have to wait for a resolution?

Goods and services providers should get it RIGHT. First time. On time. Every time.

ABC
If so then why buy from this shop just get the money back and go to other place.
that what I would do.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='364897' date='Dec 8 2006, 08:57 AM
If so then why buy from this shop just get the money back and go to other place.
that what I would do.
Because I don't see that I should need to do ANYTHING after delivery other than USE the item I had bought.

Seems reasonable doesn't it?

I don't want to be inconvenienced - "getting money back" and "going to other place" is inconveniencing me - giving me something I have to do which I don't want to do.

I hope that explains it rather more clearly.

ABC
Old 12-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Members

Glad it turned out well, the company handled it pretty well ( apart from sending damaged goods in the 1st place! ). They seem to have sorted it out quickly with no hassle, so should get some credit for that. Its in their interest to keep customers happy, I bet someone got a kicking for this!.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='364920' date='Dec 8 2006, 07:16 PM
Because I don't see that I should need to do ANYTHING after delivery other than USE the item I had bought.

Seems reasonable doesn't it?

I don't want to be inconvenienced - "getting money back" and "going to other place" is inconveniencing me - giving me something I have to do which I don't want to do.

I hope that explains it rather more clearly.

ABC
well I supose if you live faraway then that make scene.
for me itis like a hobby to shop around to get the best and cheepest out of a shop.
If itis no good then I get my money back and black list this shop.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='364960' date='Dec 8 2006, 03:42 PM
well I supose if you live faraway then that make scene.
It makes sense whatever.

Online; in person.

Time is money

ABC
Old 12-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Contributors

The whole thing was not good, but I do believe in redemption if the dealership follows through. I received an email yesterday from the dealership stating that UPS was picking up the old wheels. The next step is to see if they come though in getting me the new wheels in one week. I am sure that someone was held responsible, and they hopefully will serve others (our members) better in the future.

I was sorry to see the prior post that showed boxes that looked worse than mine. This is all educational I guess.

Thanks again to everyone in the E-Forum "family" here. Looking forward to showing pictures of the installed wheels.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='364980' date='Dec 8 2006, 04:45 PM
The whole thing was not good, but I do believe in redemption if the dealership follows through.
Hypothetical situation:

Dealer 1 causes problems and is quick to correct and apologises indicating that they take comments on board and will take all practical measures to ensure this sitaution never happens agin.

Dealer 2 gets it right.

Having used both dealers, which would YOU recommend?

ABC
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='364998' date='Dec 8 2006, 12:08 PM
Hypothetical situation:

Dealer 1 causes problems and is quick to correct and apologises indicating that they take comments on board and will take all practical measures to ensure this sitaution never happens agin.

Dealer 2 gets it right.

Having used both dealers, which would YOU recommend?

ABC
I would recommend Dealer 2, unless Dealer 1 charges $1440 for the wheels and Dealer 2 charges $2000+ for the same wheels (which is the case here).
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Definitely dealer #2. I would be apprehensive to order from BMWWHEELS.COM given the circumstances of this experience. As ABC says, it should be done right the first time. This isn't an unknown small company and it should have better quality control. How long from the order to final mounting of the wheels? Entirely too long. I am sure Monacobmw will just be happy to have his new unblemished rims in the long run, but this experience is totally unacceptable.

Quick Reply: Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM