E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='365021' date='Dec 8 2006, 10:27 AM
I would recommend Dealer 2, unless Dealer 1 charges $1440 for the wheels and Dealer 2 charges $2000+ for the same wheels (which is the case here).
The next cheapest was $2000 plus shipping for M166 rims?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='365021' date='Dec 8 2006, 06:27 PM
I would recommend Dealer 2, unless Dealer 1 charges $1440 for the wheels and Dealer 2 charges $2000+ for the same wheels (which is the case here).
As I said before all time has a value.

If I felt particularly inconveneienced even 600 bucks may not hack it.

ABC
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='365025' date='Dec 8 2006, 02:31 PM
Definitely dealer #2. I would be apprehensive to order from BMWWHEELS.COM given the circumstances of this experience. As ABC says, it should be done right the first time. This isn't an unknown small company and it should have better quality control. How long from the order to final mounting of the wheels? Entirely too long. I am sure Monacobmw will just be happy to have his new unblemished rims in the long run, but this experience is totally unacceptable.
What I question is how ANY dealer can ship wheels in an unprotected box such as whats shown in the pictures. Just based on that alone I would hesitate from ordering from them ever.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Contributors

damn, pretty crazy thread...cant believe what those boxes looked like, i cant see how they would have sent them out like that i've purchased from them in the past and know others that have as well and have never seen such a sitaution from them; mine were double boxed and shrink wrapped so well it took me quite some time to open and free the rims....glad it appears that they are going to make good....
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='365030' date='Dec 8 2006, 01:34 PM
The next cheapest was $2000 plus shipping for M166 rims?
The next cheapest is actually M Quad (one of our member participants), who is not a Dealer.

I have ordered stuff from Garry at Newport BMW, who would probably give a good price too.

My local dealers will sell only at retail which is $2000 for the wheels.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='364967' date='Dec 9 2006, 12:21 AM
Time is money
ABC
I am not rich or any thing but to me time means family not money
money is last.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0
Question

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='363682' date='Dec 4 2006, 11:43 PM
I just received my UPS delivery of my new 19" OEM staggered #166 wheels from "Bmwwheels.com." I was very excited at first to open my new babies.
I noticed that the boxes were all torn up, but I presumed that the wheels were packaged in cardboard. When I opened the boxes, I realized that the wheels were only surrounded in a piece of light white packaging wrap (shown in the pictures). I knew what I was going to find next.
All four wheels were chipped around the outsides. Some of the boxes were open, and the outside of the wheels were completely exposed. It is like having curb rash on many of the new wheels.

I am in shock that a $1440 shipment of wheels that costs $150 to ship was wrapped with no package protection. Any recommendations? I cannot possibly believe that this happened. I will contact Bmwwheels.com tomorrow to get their reaction to this problem.

Please see the pictures below.

Attachment 26562
Attachment 26563
Attachment 26564
Attachment 26565
Attachment 26566
Attachment 26567

This sucks

OMG are you serious! :thumbsdown:
well I warned couple people but...
(also somebody I met online, received from them take offs not brand new scuffed M166s)

claim it with your credit card,and let them pick up from you with UPS as it is.
This is not your fault and thats not right at all!!

take a look at their policy is under FAQ (so you wont really see it when you order the set online)
they dont have a FULL refund like I do and ship it in 7-14 days??? I ship every single wheel set with next day air early am UPS
even for international ones

you guys should see how I wrap and protect the wheels to prevent also from any type of damages during the shipping.
matt bmw california, concord01, wmhandy,jimpap got their m166s and m184s last 3 weeks.. you guys can pm them
and ask about me and my way of shipping and packaging.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How long will it take for delivery?
If you select ground shipping you will receive your order in 7-14 business days. If you choose priority shipping you will receive your order in 3-6 business days. In the case that an item you ordered is on back order or has become unavailable you will be notified immediately. Upon shipment of your order, you will be emailed the UPS tracking number.
Back to TopAre the wheels all original factory BMW?
Yes, all of our new and used wheels are O.E factory BMW.

Do the wheels come with appropriate center caps and lug bolts?
The lug bolts and center caps must be purchased separately.

What is the condition of the used wheels?
All of our used wheels are in B+ condition. Some wheels may have minor imperfections such as light scratches and minor dings. None of the wheels have curb rash unless otherwise noted, in which case the customer's consent will be required.

What is your guarantee?
We guarantee that you receive the product you have ordered, in the condition we have outlined above.

What is your return policy?
All online orders are final. If, however, we have made an error on our side or have shipped you a product that is not in the condition we have outlined, it will be replaced at no additional charge to you!
<A href="http://www.bmwwheels.com/faqs.asp#top">Back to Top
Old 12-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='365116' date='Dec 8 2006, 05:44 PM
The next cheapest is actually M Quad (one of our member participants), who is not a Dealer.

I have ordered stuff from Garry at Newport BMW, who would probably give a good price too.

My local dealers will sell only at retail which is $2000 for the wheels.
we can maybe do a group buy to lower even my selling price
I am ready to help.

best regards,
TOny
Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='363944' date='Dec 5 2006, 03:26 PM
I too am surprised that UPS left the package without my being there. First, I had sent an email to bmwwheels.com asking them to require signature because I was expecting delivery around Thanksgiving when I would not be there. They ended up taking a lot longer to deliver the package, and they disregarded my request for signature delivery.

Second, the UPS truck left the wheels in my back yard. They put a note on my front door stating, "left in back." I too always hope they will leave things without my being there, but they never will, except this time. Two of the boxes were very damaged, and two of the boxes were only slightly damaged. All four wheels have some chips on them (some more than others).

At least when I bought the replicas, they were nicely packaged with cardboard covering front and back with tape around them to hold the cardboard in place. The replicas did not have one chip in them.

I sent the emails to bmwwheel.com last night. I have not heard from them today.

probably you wont hear from them at all, ( btw, my eyebrows are still up from the pictures scene you posted)
their hidden policy under FAQ states that all sales are final BUT this is their fault and they can fix the situation
IF NOT you can write a proffesional letter with a lawyer friend to BMW NORTH America Consumer &Customer relations Group
and then they will send you a brand new set next day air to your door.(trust me) Bc whatever dealer they are
they are using BMWs name and dealership responsibilities.

again my 0,02
tony
Old 12-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

UPS is horrible. This has been the last straw. I've had deliver problems with them before and now I currently am having problems again with them right now with a order. It's not BMW or car related but I just thought I'd share and get it off my chest too. From now on I will NOT use UPS and will not purchase anything online that uses UPS as a shipper. To save a few dollars... its not worth the hassel to me anymore. I'll go with Fed Ex or USPS. I've actually never really had a problem with USPS and they're suppose to be the worse...

Quick Reply: Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM