E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by wmhandy' post='365390' date='Dec 9 2006, 10:37 AM
When I RECEIVED MY WHEELS FROM Tony at QUAD_M THEY ARRIVED IN PERFECT CONDITION. It was also obvious that Tony had added packaging and protective material to each of the four boxes. My recollection is that my wheels came double boxed and with additional cushioning material as well.

If you used a credit card or paid through PayPal you should rest assured that you are still on top and in charge of the transaction. A solution will inevitably be found even if it means you get your money back and you buy elsewhere.

Keep us informed!
I agree whole heartedly on the comments above...Tony is a cut above! Super responsible packing (Tony repacked 3x more padding and protection than I was expecting). And,...paypal, while a super service wouldnt cover you very well if the dispute is not resolvable...while they can freeze the account of the seller and "encourage" resolution, I think that the max they will claim back for you is $250.00....for OEM parts just dial in QUAD_M - no hassle and good pricing and service everytime!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='365825' date='Dec 10 2006, 04:32 PM
did you order it from them?
I think I read in another thread that arcleid is getting Rad 20's.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='365842' date='Dec 10 2006, 08:57 PM
I agree whole heartedly on the comments above...Tony is a cut above! Super responsible packing (Tony repacked 3x more padding and protection than I was expecting). And,...paypal, while a super service wouldnt cover you very well if the dispute is not resolvable...while they can freeze the account of the seller and "encourage" resolution, I think that the max they will claim back for you is $250.00....for OEM parts just dial in QUAD_M - no hassle and good pricing and service everytime!

thank you Matt! you made my day!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Members

My Ride: Black 2006 530i sport pkg, 18" 550 rims and tires from WAC, Beige Int,

In reading this post I have an experience to add. I originally ordered replicas for my 530i but upon delivery I noticed one was chipped. I also
got worried about vibration problems (having read the posts) so I promptly returned the rims to the manufacturer at my cost. I then ordered rims from Quad M (184's), OEM BMW and with plenty of backup from the people on this board. I waited anxiously for my rims like a boy at christmas time. I tracked them every step of the way on UPS. The UPS guy is now my buddy beacuse I have ordered so much stuff on the internet. I inspected one of the rims and admired it in my living room, my wife thought I was nuts.

I left the other three packaged which looked pretty secure, ie plastic wrap around each rims. After receiving my last and final rim, (one was a couple of days late) I proudly instructed one of my guys to securely transport the rims and tires to the BMW dealer. Like a expectant father I paced up and down for two days when I got the phone call. The rims were finally ready but unfortunately one was chipped.

Sigh...

Anyway the dealer tried to pin the damage on everyone but themselves. Luckily I had also read all the post about cars going into the shop and coming out damaged. I reamed the dealer out cursing and swearing for about twenty minutes straight. I told him the rims had made it all the way from Germay to the US to Canada and now in the final stretch one had been damaged. The dealer gave in and said that they would fix it for free (which they did) and that it would be unnoticeable ( which it was) no questions asked. To their credit they acted professionally and I'm glad they did.

However, I can't help but wonder whether the one was damaged because I left the packaging on three rims for protection. The dealer stated they couldn't have damaged the rims because all their machines are plastic and will not cause damage. I'm sure they would have called to tell me one was damaged if they had seen it before putting on the tires.

Anyhow, theres a lot of stress involved and I think I'm over it but I can see how neurotic it can make you. Quad M was great (thank-you Tony) but could the rim have been damaged prior to delivery or did the dealer do it?? Its a mystery....What do you guys think?

I'm a little scarred by the whole ordeal but a ny way thought I would share this with you.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Members

My Ride: Black 2006 530i sport pkg, 18" 550 rims and tires from WAC, Beige Int,

Quad M service was excellent by the way.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Did you ever get your new wheels???? Did they reship them?

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='363682' date='Dec 5 2006, 12:43 AM
I just received my UPS delivery of my new 19" OEM staggered #166 wheels from "Bmwwheels.com." I was very excited at first to open my new babies.
I noticed that the boxes were all torn up, but I presumed that the wheels were packaged in cardboard. When I opened the boxes, I realized that the wheels were only surrounded in a piece of light white packaging wrap (shown in the pictures). I knew what I was going to find next.
All four wheels were chipped around the outsides. Some of the boxes were open, and the outside of the wheels were completely exposed. It is like having curb rash on many of the new wheels.

I am in shock that a $1440 shipment of wheels that costs $150 to ship was wrapped with no package protection. Any recommendations? I cannot possibly believe that this happened. I will contact Bmwwheels.com tomorrow to get their reaction to this problem.

Please see the pictures below.

Attachment 26562
Attachment 26563
Attachment 26564
Attachment 26565
Attachment 26566
Attachment 26567

This sucks
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Here is an update.

UPS came yesterday and took the old wheels away.

I received a call yesterday from Chapman BMW stating that the new wheels were being shipped and asking if I wanted signature delivery or not.

So far, they are doing everything right. If all goes well, I should have the wheels by the end of the week.

Thanks again to everyone here for your comments of concern on this issue.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='366524' date='Dec 12 2006, 05:39 PM
I received a call yesterday from Chapman BMW stating that the new wheels were being shipped and asking if I wanted signature delivery or not.
And do you?

ABC
Old 12-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='366533' date='Dec 12 2006, 12:58 PM
And do you?

ABC
Yes, so I can guarantee the inspection of the boxes when they arrive. The dealer should have packed them well this time, so I should have little worries.

I really cannot ask for more at this point.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Contributors

I just checked the delivery date for the wheels. It is 12/18. Am I being greedy to suggest that Chapman BMW should have made efforts to send the new wheels to me better than 7-day UPS shipping?

This means a two week delay from the time that I discovered and reported the problem to the time that I will have received the new wheels. In light of the three weeks that it originally took for them to send my first order after I placed it, this is a five week lag. When I placed the order, I only had 29 months left on my lease. Now, I will be down to less than 28 months.

In light of the fact that I work during the week, I will not be able to have the wheels installed until 12/23 (if the place is even open).

I told Chapman BMW that I would be reporting everything that happened here so all of my 5-series "family" could see how things were going. I really hope that I can get these wheels installed before the new year.

Quick Reply: Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM