E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

In North America, once you call the cops than there's trouble so as long as no one is hurt and the damage is not alot than most people settle it by themselves. In HK I will call the cops no matter what, cops came and they will persude you to settle the case so they don't need to do more paperwork.

My case is only a minor scratch so I can wait for awhile until things are sorted out by the cops.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by FeiGay' date='Oct 5 2005, 10:49 AM
Where to modify my E60 in Hong Kong ar?? Any recommandation?? Looking for Alpina B5 body & Hamann

Thanks

Dennis
[snapback]179515[/snapback]
Doesn't see any Alpina wheels on the road, would be nice to see some. Hamann they say is in Wan Chai but is to be confirm.

Welcome aboard and which 5 do you have?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 4 2005, 08:48 PM
In North America, once you call the cops than there's trouble so as long as no one is hurt and the damage is not alot than most people settle it by themselves.
[snapback]179563[/snapback]

GOOD no one better hit me then (*knock on wood*) or I'll give them hell... I'll roll all over the ground and play dead and sue till their pants fall off!

Actually because now a days theres soooo many scandles because of the sue happy U S of A... even tho one person admits to fault and said they will pay for damages they will then later turn it around and sue YOU! Thats how messed up lawyers here are now. So its better safe than sorry... call the cops... let them write out the report.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 5 2005, 12:05 PM
[quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 4 2005, 08:48 PM']In North America, once you call the cops than there's trouble so as long as no one is hurt and the damage is not alot than most people settle it by themselves.
[snapback]179563[/snapback]

GOOD no one better hit me then (*knock on wood*) or I'll give them hell... I'll roll all over the ground and play dead and sue till their pants fall off!

Actually because now a days theres soooo many scandles because of the sue happy U S of A... even tho one person admits to fault and said they will pay for damages they will then later turn it around and sue YOU! Thats how messed up lawyers here are now. So its better safe than sorry... call the cops... let them write out the report.
[snapback]179579[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have seen too many dishonest people already, so I just let the cops handle this for me.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FeiGay' date='Oct 4 2005, 08:49 PM
Where to modify my E60 in Hong Kong ar?? Any recommandation?? Looking for Alpina B5 body & Hamann

Thanks

Dennis
[snapback]179515[/snapback]
Welcome aboard Dennis

I'd been research for all kind of mods for the E60 in HK, you can find the Hamann parts from the following shops:
- Auto Design Haus - Wanchi (they are the ONLY authorized dealer from Hamann that import directly from Hamann in Germany), they have most of the E60 stuff in stock
- Smart Auto - FoTan (typical workshop which sells also Hamann stuffs, I'd saw a E60 who had install a Hamann bodykit there)
- Take One - Hung Hom (They have some of the Hamann parts in stock)

My opinion is, Auto Design Haus is the most reliable shop since it's the only authorized dealer, however, they DO NOT have they own work shop for installation. You may either buy the parts and take it to your own preferred workshop for installation, or they just "refer" you to some of their closely connected workshop!

For prices, I'm pretty sure they sell parts for about the same price, except you know someone work/own there! (For your information, full Hamann bodykit w/ exhaust you're looking at at least $60,000-$80,000 installed...

For Alpina, so far I still havn't able to find a real dealer who sells all Alpina stuffs...

Well... Join our mini meet on Oct 11th, and I'm sure we can share some thoughts/info...
Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Members

Hi everybody

Just got back to town and trying to catch up with this post!!

Hey AC S5 so sorry to hear about your car!! I would be so oooo pissed at that guy!! I would demand that the work be done at BMW if thats what u want!

I would be interested in the group buy for the chrome grill if you guys are going ahead!!

What time for the Oct 11 outing??
Old 10-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pogo1' date='Oct 5 2005, 02:36 AM
Hi everybody

Hey AC S5 so sorry to hear about your car!! I would be so oooo pissed at that guy!! I would demand that the work be done at BMW if thats what u want!

I would be interested in the group buy for the chrome grill if you guys are going ahead!!

[snapback]179683[/snapback]
Hello pogo1

Welcome back. We're meeting up at 11am on Oct 11th. I've posted a map showing the meet up point, it's near the Kowloon airport express station. Im going to take some pics today to give u a better idea on how to get there. Can u come ?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pogo1' date='Oct 5 2005, 04:36 PM
Hi everybody

you are right about the pissed part.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 5 2005, 03:39 AM
[quote name='pogo1' date='Oct 5 2005, 02:36 AM']Hi everybody

Hello pogo1

Welcome back. We're meeting up at 11am on Oct 11th. I've posted a map showing the meet up point, it's near the Kowloon airport express station. Im going to take some pics today to give u a better idea on how to get there. Can u come ?
[snapback]179684[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes I should be there! Hope to see everybody then!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

Ok the latest update on who's coming to our Oct 11th gathering:

So far, we have......

1. Bunbun
2. mic325
3. sliu_uu
4. gf366
5. Shield
6. pogo1

If you would like to join, or if I've forgotten about you, please post your name I'll be sending a PM to those who confirmed to come ok?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum