E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Kc
I took the long route, the same conservative route you will take(until I met Pingy and Keith et al) eg. " I am under warranty, wife will kill me, costs too much, not worth it " all those excuses....
1st mod would surely be the alloys, looks better and you will feel a better turn in around corners, get 18 inches and u won't feel the diff(these are my 3rd set)
If you get the Sb (my latest and should have been 2nd mod) then kiss S mode goodbye, I have only used S twice and that was to see.the diff.
And then you saw what else I
Had added, mainly cosmetic.

Lowering will "improve" the look and handling....
Now I am getting the red/black carbon interior, its crazy what modding leads to.

Did u get my email thru pingy?
That's the excuse for the alloys
Cheers.

Originally Posted by kcleung' post='753452' date='Dec 27 2008, 03:17 PM
bill - you are the man, always like dangerous sports. top end of 323 is good but torque at low end sucks so as long as I keep the rev high, its ok (the s mode is very useful). could you tell me a bit more about the alloys, how they compare to works? was talking to david about brake pads, think I have decided on either red stuff or axxis. do you or do you know anyone had tried these 2 and what the feedback were, especially interested to hear from those who had used them on track.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='753400' date='Dec 27 2008, 04:12 AM
I reviewed and seem they all not only change the weight of that pulley , but also the ratio and size. Seem issue came from incorrect ratio and size. Please correct me if I am wrong.
So maybe we can mod the stock pulley (Like pingu said) and make it lighter
But my concern will be how "Much" weight we should reduce from the stock pulley, if its too "Light", it might still affects the ratio of the engine's running and it could fxxk up the engine at the end.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by deriffic' post='753459' date='Dec 27 2008, 08:14 AM
I will be there till about 8:30pm.
deriific, i cant be out on monday. Sorry
So would you check with AK about the pulley thingy when you are there?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk' post='753508' date='Dec 27 2008, 02:14 PM
Kc
I took the long route, the same conservative route you will take(until I met Pingy and Keith et al) eg. " I am under warranty, wife will kill me, costs too much, not worth it " all those excuses....
1st mod would surely be the alloys, looks better and you will feel a better turn in around corners, get 18 inches and u won't feel the diff(these are my 3rd set)
If you get the Sb (my latest and should have been 2nd mod) then kiss S mode goodbye, I have only used S twice and that was to see.the diff.

Now I am getting the red/black carbon interior, its crazy what modding leads to.

Cheers.
As Bill says,
Light mod (e.g alloy,SB etc)> have fun with your car > Mod again > enjoy more
Old 12-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by billhk' post='753508' date='Dec 27 2008, 10:14 PM
Cheers.
also no need to keen glass
Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='753526' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:19 PM
As Bill says,
o yeah we all only live once and we all getting old to have loads of fun. NOT
Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='753451' date='Dec 27 2008, 03:16 PM
wnshie have you got the car spring bumper retainers today?

kcleung you should get them too
if you have no plan to lower the car.
your OEM shocks will last much longer
Brother pinguhk, I thought they won't open today, I never called. I intended to try monday, thanks one more time
Old 12-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='753525' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:14 PM
deriific, i cant be out on monday. Sorry
So would you check with AK about the pulley thingy when you are there?
OK, I will check with him on Monday. In fact he called me yesterday and asked me to leave the car there for a few days to try out the crank pulley mod. After reading all of the above, I have some doubt on the reliability. Like what you said I don't want my car towed back to SF while driving.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='753526' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:19 PM
As Bill says,
Can't agree more

Why we do it step by step.... this is also true thou
Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Senior Members

the problem is not whether the wife would approve but the fact that we both drive the car and in fact she drives it more than I do. so I need to make sure its safe for her and the cars current set up is a good compromise. its fairly neutral during our last outing. I guess it would understeer on the limit but this is what I want, for her. fair enough, lowering will in general improve things regardless. the reason I couldnt go faster last time on the uphill section (in fact, I backed off a little in the middle) however was more to do the other reasons that mikehk mentioned

the first priority for me is ought to be the brakes, its really too soft too weak for a 1500+kg car. I just dont see why I would make my car faster if I couldnt stop.

re SB, I have to admit that I dont have the skills of the foot god (if you have watched the last few episodes of initial D, you will know what I mean). S mode is all I need for now.

ps. yes, pingy did forward through and its a deal.

Originally Posted by billhk' post='753508' date='Dec 27 2008, 10:14 PM
Kc

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum