E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw, of course everyone is welcome, whether you're driving an E60 or not
Old 04-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Members

Dear All Guys,

Thank you for your advise. BUT but but I have already sign.....

I have ordered a 525i. The reason: I have tested the E240 of MB and 520i before. E240 is so slow so "lazy" that you can never imagine. When it is full loaded and goind up stubb road (near nicolson court" it is simply "stopping there". So I want to have one more powerful. of course 530i would be better but the price will is very similar to E350 which will be a rocket as well. Most importantly, I do not have such budget. Of course 520i and similarly 523i would be great choice as well, but believe like other BMW lover, we love newer engine.

The only option we add is the sport steering wheel as we find it look great.

And I AM not a mod guy. Actually, to us the 525i body is "aero" and muscular enough.

My order: A08 Grey silver (it's all around the town but we prefer it than titanium grey a36 which look very dark in dim area) and grey seat, dark wood, sport steering wheel and 138 wheel.

Cheers.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by die4bmw' date='Apr 11 2005, 02:58 AM
Dear All Guys,

Thank you for your advise. BUT but but I have already sign.....

I have ordered a 525i. The reason: I have tested the E240 of MB and 520i before. E240 is so slow so "lazy" that you can never imagine. When it is full loaded and goind up stubb road (near nicolson court" it is simply "stopping there". So I want to have one more powerful. of course 530i would be better but the price will is very similar to E350 which will be a rocket as well. Most importantly, I do not have such budget. Of course 520i and similarly 523i would be great choice as well, but believe like other BMW lover, we love newer engine.

The only option we add is the sport steering wheel as we find it look great.

And I AM not a mod guy. Actually, to us the 525i body is "aero" and muscular enough.

My order: A08 Grey silver (it's all around the town but we prefer it than titanium grey a36 which look very dark in dim area) and grey seat, dark wood, sport steering wheel and 138 wheel.

Cheers. ? ?
[snapback]114021[/snapback]
Hi die4bmw

Either way good choice I didnt know the sport steering wheel is now an option, wonder if retrofit is possible, would love to hv it. Did you get comfort seat tho?

Post any problems you may have with your new car, I think I have quite a good database as mine is one of those earlier builds and have most of the "first year" problems Nonetheless, BMW Service Centre did a good job and took care of 99% of them so Im quite happy.

Enjoy the new car ! when will it arrive.

Bunbun
Old 04-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Senior Members

Hey die4bmw,

Welcome aboard!

Well, I think I have to say I am too lazy to read thru the forum, and this time I think i am too late to reply on this message!

I do agree w/ Bunbun, comfort seats is a MUST!!!! I am so regret that I did not have the comfort seat in my 530i. Believe me, the extra money for the comfort seat is definitely worth it!

My wife drive a E240 (current model), everytime I drive her car, I love the seat and don't wanna get off.

So, everytime I'm getting tired after work, I always wish I can drive her car home.... <_<
Old 04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Apr 13 2005, 12:40 AM
Hey die4bmw,

Welcome aboard!

Well, I think I have to say I am too lazy to read thru the forum, and this time I think i am too late to reply on this message!

I do agree w/ Bunbun, comfort seats is a MUST!!!! I am so regret that I did not have the comfort seat in my 530i. Believe me, the extra money for the comfort seat is definitely worth it!

My wife drive a E240 (current model), everytime I drive her car, I love the seat and don't wanna get off.

So, everytime I'm getting tired after work, I always wish I can drive her car home.... <_<
[snapback]114767[/snapback]
Oh no pls dont become an MB convert... But seriously, how does the MB drive compare to your BM? I once considered the MB but quickly decided against it. I also bumped another E60 owner at the service center who owned a E class (current model as well) but hated it (lots of little problems, mostly electronic he said) and switched to the E60.

gf366, any thoughts on a local E60/BMW meet?

Cheers

Bunbun
Old 04-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Guest_die4bmw_*

I tested both 520i and e240 and e320.

The salesman is so black-faced as we have 4 plus him in testing, going up the stubb road, the Parkview and back to magazine gap road, e240 moved but not speed. It is very strange, when it went up to 2500 rpm, rpmstayed there and wait for at least 10 seconds (hard to imagine, but believe me) then it slowly went up (I never loose my step). To us, we feel like the e240 is like a man with respiratory problem.

And I also try E320, the lag is similar but much shorter, around 1-2 second. For 520i, it did not have such problem. Same loading, may be the speed was not increasing rapidly, but at least the speed and the rpm were increasing steadily (no lag at all).

And I also found the back seat of 5 series is more spacous than e class, which is quite a consideration to me.

Also E class is all around (even 5 series as well) while I simply love the muscular image of 5 series. E class to me is a little bit "c9". Even my wife prefers 5 series' look than e class.

Finally, talking about resale, there is a preception (may be paradox) that MB resell better. But when the next generation comes (2009) and the 2nd hand car market is loaded with "grey-blue" E240av, then we can determine which one sell better.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

Agree with everything above

There was a little bit of lag in the tranny at the very beginning (maybe a first year model thing), but after the first software upgrade, it was completely gone. Im still very impressed by the throttle response of the 2.2L engine, despite its small capacity. And can u imagine the gas money I've been saving lately??? Before this car, I drove a 730i (E38) with 8 cylinders. That car was THIRSTY !!!

So die4bmw, did u get comfort seats afterall? Just curious.

Bunbun.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Guest_Die4bmw_*

No comfort seat, both of us find the standard seat ok. ANd more importantly, it is so expensive, HK$23,000 plus tax! (42550 total)
Old 04-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Members

523i pricing released! HK$498,000

525i and 530i prices remain unchanged with the new engines, $565,000 and $679,000
Old 04-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Guest_die4bmw_*

Your guys may interest in this articles:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...0409_insiders/

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum