E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think I saw the same story posted on e90 forum. so many cowboys on the st.

gusss the best to do is not to put all the mods into 1 basket. Perhaps there was just too much $ in the order and drove the z shop into the dark side.

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Jacky,
I've read from discuss.com.hk, a 335i owner has a very disappointing experience with this Z shop. I cannot verify if this is true, but the story he told sounds somewhat disturbing.
For your reference: http://www.discuss.c...hp?tid=13867490
Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kcleung
gusss the best to do is not to put all the mods into 1 basket. Perhaps there was just too much $ in the order and drove the z shop into the dark side.
I think this Z will not be butcher as that garage that sold me Brembo! :thumbsdown:
From what I have see and hear, it quotes fair/resonable price, even I just a outside-street guy.
For example, I called and got quoted HK$20,000 for KWV3 installed, which even cheaper than what you order from vendor directly!

I m a businessman, well know that doing business is of course, in view of make profit!
But it must be honest, fair and reasonable!
If the street is selling it at 17K, by which, it means they already making reasonable profit, why you sold me 22.5K?
You are butching me! Am I idiot?
It makes me fucking angry!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

beware a shop "S" who sells AP and Brembo.

one shop guy told me "S" recently sold brembo at 20k, but in the end it was
40k as they charged extra for the bracket,bridge,labour etc,.
however they charged the wrong guys and there was a stand-off, people were threatening to burn the shop etc
and in the end police were called etc,.

so always have the invoice and check it properly, beware that labour and bracket costs can be added on!!

Jacky also check the price of the hanging rubber for the exhausts, i have seen people charged 400 per pc.

Happy modding

Originally Posted by Jacky328
I think this Z will not be butcher as that garage that sold me Brembo! :thumbsdown:
From what I have see and hear, it quotes fair/resonable price, even I just a outside-street guy.
For example, I called and got quoted HK$20,000 for KWV3 installed, which even cheaper than what you order from vendor directly!

I m a businessman, well know that doing business is of course, in view of make profit!
If the street is selling it at 17K, by which, it means they already making reasonable profit, why you sold me 22.5K?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

KC

why have u got Del Monte bananas on your brakes?

Originally Posted by kcleung

Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Yes FJ, but are you certain there are 12 people coming out tonight? 2.4K per table is not too much but if there are only 6 people attending, it will be a bit too much. Oh, FYI, I will not attend the dinner.
There is a lest 10ppl
also you will have a surprise at this place.
I was there 5 months ago and there was 10ppl and we spent 2600 which was way over there was too much on the table.
also for 2k we have 7 dish seafood and then add duck and bbq pork and some veg so 10dish for about 2.5k is more than we need.
also dont forget we have sugar water later on at 12am so save some space for that.
some member have been there and it is much cheaper and better than any other seafood place in HK
there will be more ppl to join after the dinner for the sugarwater
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
there will always be bad and good reviews on any shop never a 100% good shop.
I think I will spend a bit more $$$ and I know that I will get the parts.
FJ; the point is not good or bad.
Its about he was cheating!
Even spend couple Ks, You will even don't know where your parts come from.

I learned that Z17/18 mostly comed from Porsche996, as said that my package is NOT come from factory!
(I m sure about this, as I was there to see this package opened, actually its not package at all!)
He definitely cannot prove my caliper is brand new and buy from dealer, as before I oredering the caliper was already there!

So you know what, I am paying some thousands more and get a SECOND-HAND PARTS!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jacky328

I have this done to me 9 years ago when I mod my e46 too because I did not do some home work.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk
beware a shop "S" who sells AP and Brembo.

one shop guy told me "S" recently sold brembo at 20k, but in the end it was
40k as they charged extra for the bracket,bridge,labour etc,.
however they charged the wrong guys and there was a stand-off, people were threatening to burn the shop etc
and in the end police were called etc,.

so always have the invoice and check it properly, beware that labour and bracket costs can be added on!!

Jacky also check the price of the hanging rubber for the exhausts, i have seen people charged 400 per pc.

Happy modding
40k that well more than the the 30k for the GT
what $400 for a rubber
I got 2 racing 1s at MK for 60hk for my exhausts
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Contributors

KC

they cheaper and designed by Brembo and work very good or he a money and love bananas.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Senior Members

z18 definitely is a better deal. I probably would have gone for z18 instead if I knew b4 hand. regardless I am happy w mine and meets all my requriements: front floating disk and fit 17" wheels (ok, you guys wont understand this). moreover its direct bolt on, no bridge, hence no risk of rattle/shake at high speed. as you mentioned, some shops' sources could be questionable and I dont know the local vendors/garage well enough (so far I have met none that I am completely happy w). Going for bmw perf brakes gives me the peace of mind I need. I dont like the color either but life is compromise.

KC

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum