E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wnshie
Call yourself Sing so soon after your conversion? Oh! I know, you meant ??... I meant ?... ?? Bill! Hehehe *only joking*
No! Should've been ??! Yes!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all!

I changed my tyre to Michelin PSS.
The grip in dry road is good.
Noise level I satisfied but may not be excellent.

Overall, I satisy this set of PSS
Old 12-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by momowing

Do you need to warm them up to get 100% grip?
I will get a set of V12 next year from tyrerack
Old 12-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by momowing

Try nitrogen, 200 bucks should give u an obvious improvement on noise level, I highly recommend it.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Try nitrogen, 200 bucks should give u an obvious improvement on noise level, I highly recommend it.
Really? Does it also work in my RE11?

But will the nitrogen leak easily?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Guys, for those who did not install the front camera yet, I highly recommend you to install one.

In Feb, I almost hit by a 3er in a cross road. The driver did not stop or even slow down before the "stop" sign. When I beep her, she was a bit frightened and accelerated. I need to hard brake to avoid the crash. Then I wrote to police and complain the driver and I also provide the video as evidence. Recently, the police inform me that the driver has charged careless driving and deduct 5 points .

It was strange that my camera did not catch the car plate, I just remember it and told the police. But the case is still successful.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by newbie2
Really? Does it also work in my RE11?

But will the nitrogen leak easily?
I have this on my RE11 and loving it.
LOL I been saying this from day 1 that every 1 should have this.
I have had it for 7 years now
nitrogen dont leak as much as normal air.
also if nitrogen dont work why do all racer on track cars have them and that includes F1 cars too.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Contributors

will dont you have this as standard like the GTR for your car???
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Guys, for those who did not install the front camera yet, I highly recommend you to install one.

In Feb, I almost hit by a 3er in a cross road. The driver did not stop or even slow down before the "stop" sign. When I beep her, she was a bit frightened and accelerated. I need to hard brake to avoid the crash. Then I wrote to police and complain the driver and I also provide the video as evidence. Recently, the police inform me that the driver has charged careless driving and deduct 5 points .

It was strange that my camera did not catch the car plate, I just remember it and told the police. But the case is still successful.
so now the video can be used in court, that good to hear.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Guys, talking about police, I got some tips from a few different channels all saying the same thing: ALL the ORANGE pigeon holes (speed/red light cameras) are in operation and almost ALL the existing radar scanners (including the old top stuffs like 9500 or V1) in the market won't be able to detect the latest model they installed since those cameras no longer emit continuous signal; the new model emits short impulsed signals. This way almost all existing radar detectors would be confusing these kinda impulsed signals as noise and won't issue warning! I have a very recent experience with a red light camera in TKT area that wasn't detected by the detector.

Good news is, not all cameras are the latest model, bad news is, don't know which is which! However, for most of you guys who don't have a built-in UV shield on your windscreen, I was told by the shop there is this latest model of radar detector... I think 65xi or something, can detect this type of impulsed signal.

I am serious, good luck guys. Oh! One of the channels also added, these new cameras are tuned to snap the cars doing even just 1km/h over...

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum