E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I know we will all have 1 one day.
My will come in other 8 years when I retire and sell my 3 flats which I have end of the year . I cant wait.
And I will do what Mike dose and take it to china for track days.

I wouldnt wait 8 years to sell ur property... i hear that the property market in Hong Kong was pretty hot a couple months ago.. I know for sure if I was in a position to sell then I would of done so...

Thats just rumors... Of course, i would not know anything about property and Hong Kong real estate....
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by etchu
and they match your car so well!

Thanks buddy! not used to u being so nice! ha ha ha
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by kcleung
ok, hate to tell you the hard truth which is always not easy to accept but need to do in order to stop the bs.

last time we went to tms with mike w me in his m3 as a passenger. we waited a long time for you at the top for you to catch up and he slowed down a lot on the downhill section so you wouldnt disappear from the rear mirror.

what I would agree w you is that for an unskilled driver, the difference wouldnt be much whether its a 217 or 1k bhp, other than if he/she is an ignorant driver, he/she would crash the later.
you dont need to tell me or other I know and it not that hard to accept the truth that I not good drive right now.
I been well trained to accept losing remember.
winning is not always fun, some time I like losing this is how I will become stronger in doing the job like race driving.
o the only long road that you can use all the power I know.
also mike is a very good and experience driver like you so he should me much faster than me in the same car even if it is not his M3
I got alot to learn from the master.
The reason that I did not go infront is I whated to look at mike drive style that night but he was very quick
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Think again, its the whole package incl. power and handling.... No matter how good the car is on the turns, if it cant keep on straights then you have no chance in being competitive and that goes the same for a car with all power and no good handling attributes.

Last time i was on TMS i had my foot all the way down going up hill but had that white M3 with carbon rims right up my ass and able to overtake me but he didnt..... if I wasnt in the way then he would of been up to the top much faster!!!!

The guy with the TTS could of been unfamiliar with the roads and/or not willing to drive too fast / car not set up correctly etc...

Also you comparing your car against C200 is a bit unfair no? Whats the bhp figures for that car compared to yours??

With cars you need to compare apple to apples... not apples to oranges or durians!!!
you know if I did not have the SB or Exhausts no way in hell can I beat it even with the HP I have, my LCI is alot heavery than yours 1780kg yours is only 1550kg
That is why I had the run with him, because I know I can just win him.
if it was my old car then it will be much easyer.
My old car is 200kg lighter
Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Contributors

I wouldnt wait 8 years to sell ur property... i hear that the property market in Hong Kong was pretty hot a couple months ago.. I know for sure if I was in a position to sell then I would of done so...

Thats just rumors... Of course, i would not know anything about property and Hong Kong real estate....
You do know my house is a crappy village house.
I wish I can sell now and get the 8,000,000 and get a Ferrari now.
BUT no I can not have to wait for 5 year until I can sell it to get alot more money or it is just wast of time selling it now.
right now if I what to sell it I will need to pay over 4,000,000, which I will only make about 1,000,000 which I need more to buy the 360
also village house don't go up that much like the flats you sell and buy outside.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Contributors

kieth check this out
Lotus Exige 700HP (!), a wide-body kit, fully race-prepped interior and weighing 2,150 lbs. It's for sale.
http://jalopnik.com/5554704/550hp-tu...-any-questions
Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

You do know my house is a crappy village house.
I wish I can sell now and get the 8,000,000 and get a Ferrari now.
BUT no I can not have to wait for 5 year until I can sell it to get alot more money or it is just wast of time selling it now.
right now if I what to sell it I will need to pay over 4,000,000, which I will only make about 1,000,000 which I need more to buy the 360
also village house don't go up that much like the flats you sell and buy outside.
What if in 5 years the market plumpets to all time low? ur not gonna sell now!

If you sell ur place and buy a ferrari, then where are u and ur family going to leave? Maybe you will need a 612 to fit you all or maybe if ferrari make a MPV!

How do you forecast that when the market is HOT now that you can only sell for $4m but in 5 years it will double to $8m???
Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Senior Members

you dont need to tell me or other I know and it not that hard to accept the truth that I not good drive right now.
I been well trained to accept losing remember.
winning is not always fun, some time I like losing this is how I will become stronger in doing the job like race driving.
o the only long road that you can use all the power I know.
also mike is a very good and experience driver like you so he should me much faster than me in the same car even if it is not his M3
I got alot to learn from the master.
The reason that I did not go infront is I whated to look at mike drive style that night but he was very quick
it wasnt abt wining or losing. I dont think any of us joining the meet has the intention to race.

its just that you made all these remarks abt the super cars couldnt be much faster than a sedan on tms, probably because you thought you could keep up with the faster cars during the nite and morning drive which wasnt the actually case if the road was clear and the faster car in the right hand.

the best way to improve ones driving, imho is to attend race school and join track days. bmw 1s is a good start.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Contributors

for you nikon fans
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250643811884
Attached Thumbnails Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-340x_nikoncoffeemug.jpg  
Old 06-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

hey mark, thought you will be a good person to ask: my brother is looking to buy a residential flat probably towards end of this year. what is market sentiment at the mo? affected by the recent credit tightening and stock market slump, in your opinion?

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum