E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
wow it is always fogy up there.
I hate driving the e60 up there road is so narrow :thumbsdown:
I am ok wow, not feeling too narrow, plus the good handling of E60, I feel good (I am driving very very slow). Last time I go there is about 10 years before when I get the license and first car. At that time, there is not much driving experiences, so brave I was! So scared looking backward
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

that is mad money.
I have ask the guys in japan and see if it is the same.
haha, the Japan guy won't answer. They will direct your email to CHina, who is the AD of the china region. The price are same, but would have 80% discount if you buy all.

Thanks, Bill. Your car is excellence. Hope we can meet later ah.
For the Exhaust, haha, i really want to have it, but not at this moment. Because i just install the M-teck kit + FSD+ advan RS in same month. I already kneel on durian after my wife knew that. hahahahaha!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by momowing
haha, the Japan guy won't answer. They will direct your email to CHina, who is the AD of the china region. The price are same, but would have 80% discount if you buy all.

Thanks, Bill. Your car is excellence. Hope we can meet later ah.
For the Exhaust, haha, i really want to have it, but not at this moment. Because i just install the M-teck kit + FSD+ advan RS in same month. I already kneel on durian after my wife knew that. hahahahaha!!!!
Ha! Sounds like there is still hope, at least she is not using it up your ass yet... Hehehe
Old 05-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Senior Members

Im back from another great weekend in taipei!!!!

Ah Mo... read the news about your car...very black!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

did the drive at repulse bay today
Z4 2.3 and 528 with sport
Z4 2.3 steeling has very little feedback from the road, its like driving a robot ( our e60 is better than this car for road feel.
but the handling is OK. Will not buy 1 now unless the 35 is much better
the f10 is very nice, I like it, the Chassis is 100% stiffer than our e60 and feel very solid, it like adding the 3 bars as standard.
as for the 2.8 the power is there but need to push abit deeper for the power to come unlike our cars with SB.
I bet installed SB will be much more fun.
I tryed out the sport mode for the subspention and it is much sharper and the gas has less lag. ( this is not DD by the way )
I hope when they bring out the the 2.5 will have the sport mode too.
1 think bad about the car is it feel big compare to our e60, much more big :thumbsdown:
Old 05-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by billhk
Mo

1] its louder for onlookers, the soundproofing will insulate your wife
2] Black BMW with M kit+ supersprint exhaust= very menacing and mysterious
3] The super sound only comes above 4000rpm, when you drive hard
4] it is a must have, i had quads on my E60, it felt like a supercar everyday,
and now i also have Quads, but i was able to have them custom tuned to silent (>4-6db v stock) under everyday use and howling when i put it on full throttle

enjoy your car, enjoy the soundtrack from the sports exhaust, it's a must have!!!!
call William and it will be fitted in 30mins and Civic boys will get out of your way like
Moses parting the Red Sea
Our great guy here is more worried about the noise that can attract the unnecessary attention from the Mrs. and thus causing the Durian "inappropriately" being shoved up his ass
Old 05-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Im back from another great weekend in taipei!!!!

Ah Mo... read the news about your car...very black!!!!
Sounds nice, Im back from Tokyo last night too.
My car is as "black" as Mo's, My sister told me the PDC is not working :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

did the drive at repulse bay today
Z4 2.3 and 528 with sport
Z4 2.3 steeling has very little feedback from the road, its like driving a robot ( our e60 is better than this car for road feel.
but the handling is OK. Will not buy 1 now unless the 35 is much better
the f10 is very nice, I like it, the Chassis is 100% stiffer than our e60 and feel very solid, it like adding the 3 bars as standard.
as for the 2.8 the power is there but need to push abit deeper for the power to come unlike our cars with SB.
I bet installed SB will be much more fun.
I tryed out the sport mode for the subspention and it is much sharper and the gas has less lag. ( this is not DD by the way )
I hope when they bring out the the 2.5 will have the sport mode too.
1 think bad about the car is it feel big compare to our e60, much more big :thumbsdown:
Yeah, cant agree anymore!

i had driven the Z4 23i and 535i F10 too

Both cars had great chassis and feels very solid indeed, but as we discussed after the test drive with KC and pingu,
the handling feels very artificial on both cars and i think it is backward moving for traditional BMWness handling :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 05-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by momowing
William, i love Wald but it ie expensive
I ask top one for quotation before i get the M-tech.
front + rear + side skirt = $24600+ shipping $6000
the exhaust is DTM, need $14500
The wheel is 19', morphea by Wald, $6500/ each,
still not include the installation and painting , crazy expensive!!!!!
Top One is quite expensive since they charge just a notch below the original, Wald in this case
Old 05-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Sounds nice, Im back from Tokyo last night too.
My car is as "black" as Mo's, My sister told me the PDC is not working :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
"Hand Letter"(??)!! Cracker! Chocolate! Anything! I sure miss Tokyo... except for the hotel... :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum