E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billhk
nice drive boys, no road-works traffic lights! no rain, cool.

i was a bit dizzy halfway up, i only survived being lapped by KC up, because the car had a low centre of gravity,
sorry for holding everyone up!

Capt - your exhaust note changed, it is higher pitched now, nice! and wheels were looking nice.
so denting the exhaust must have made it different, it sounded unlike anything i've heard, maybe e46 m3?

Markie- the bodybuilder physique E60, a muscle car!
Will - although not much sound from your car, it rocketted forwards everytime you floored it
Derrick - nice intake sound
Derek- need a new car man, F360 right?
Jacky- need some mods, wheels for a start!
Alan- man your foglights were blinding man, and i think your car was quite rapid!
Stan - you were up my arse on the way up!
Bill

My foglight is same as Mark, just 3000K. Capt's foglight is really blinding eye...crazy!

I really feel my car has big difference when compared with last time when there is nothing. When I do corning now, I feel very safe and confidence. In terms of pickup response, the SB v2 and the supersprint really help a lot. When we did downhill from TMS, I was following Will but blocked by a slow mini-copper for few minutes. After the mini gave way, I can still catchup Will and saw his tail light! That one, I was already delighted!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
well you go to ask your self
if for looks 19" with the same setup as my 245\35\19 and 265\35\19 all the rest of the guys have 275\30\19 on the rear, this will ride less bumpy.
for 18" it is best ride and faster pickup but don't forget on the wight if the 18" is heaver than 19" then there is no point in getting 18"
Yes, you should ask yourself! 19" is definitely more bumpy then 17" but will get more eye catching. You may also feel the steering wheel vibrating when doing high speed because the feeling of road condition is coming more directly from the rim to the steering wheel.

But I don't think you want to sit the Capt16 seat for long time!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by kcleung
congrats! Sounds like the appetite problem ofthe elder sibling didn't deter ur wife from getting another one.

U have 2 in total right? Just make sure your helper is extra small, should fit in the middle in an e60. If ur budget allows however, the x5 is an excellent choice.
I've tried the current model X5 with 3rd row of seats, this row of seats are for kids, not for adults. And when the 2nd row of seats are fitted with child seat, there is no way the wife can get to the back seat easily. I afraid there is no proper 7 seater that can offer strong passive safety yet flexible seat arrangement like the Toyota Noah.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by newbie2
Bill

My foglight is same as Mark, just 3000K. Capt's foglight is really blinding eye...crazy!
My foglight is 6000K HID. Perhaps its the angle of the bulbs?? not too sure!

Or maybe the yellow light is more "piercing" than the bright white?!?!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Bill

I really feel my car has big difference when compared with last time when there is nothing. When I do corning now, I feel very safe and confidence. In terms of pickup response, the SB v2 and the supersprint really help a lot. When we did downhill from TMS, I was following Will but blocked by a slow mini-copper for few minutes. After the mini gave way, I can still catchup Will and saw his tail light! That one, I was already delighted!
my is cheap china $98hkd H8 bulbs stuff not even HID lol
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Contributors

Yes, you should ask yourself! 19" is definitely more bumpy then 17" but will get more eye catching. You may also feel the steering wheel vibrating when doing high speed because the feeling of road condition is coming more directly from the rim to the steering wheel.

But I don't think you want to sit the Capt16 seat for long time!
there is no steering wheel vibrating when doing high speed on tarmac only on concrete.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JackyOr
yeah.... they're probably using 50% power which i'm flooring.....

btw any recommandation on balancing rim size and ride comfort?
First thing first, change your anti-sway bar to a thicker one, to reduce body roll.
Here are the part numbers, please check also if the mounting rubber will need to change as well, when ordering, check with the parts shop:
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E6...bilizer_front/
31 35 7 905 312
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E6...abilizer_rear/
33 55 7 906 822

I would recommend 18" forged rims for your ride, remember to use Michelin PS2. The correct tyre setup will be 245/40R18, which should be perfect for 523i engine output with maximum cornering confidence.

Hope it helps.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
I've tried the current model X5 with 3rd row of seats, this row of seats are for kids, not for adults. And when the 2nd row of seats are fitted with child seat, there is no way the wife can get to the back seat easily. I afraid there is no proper 7 seater that can offer strong passive safety yet flexible seat arrangement like the Toyota Noah.
7 seat in x5 is wast of time too, when you in a hurry and have 2 kids, I think it will take you more than 5 min to setup in the car.
just get a 7seater minivan like my, much easyer and safer too.
the x5 kids is way too close to the back, I hate to see a bus hit the back
Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
7 seat in x5 is wast of time too, when you in a hurry and have 2 kids, I think it will take you more than 5 min to setup in the car.
just get a 7seater minivan like my, much easyer and safer too.
the x5 kids is way too close to the back, I hate to see a bus hit the back
See other side impact crash video as well
http://www.nasva.go.jp/mamoru/english/2008/type/12.html

No 7 seaters can offer proper side impact safety.
FYI there is no official rear impact test on 7 seaters yet, so I cannot comment on it.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Senior Members

I am not as talented as keith but at least both of our number plates are still intact

Originally Posted by billhk
nice drive boys, no road-works traffic lights! no rain, cool.

i was a bit dizzy halfway up, i only survived being lapped by KC up, because the car had a low centre of gravity,
sorry for holding everyone up!

Capt - your exhaust note changed, it is higher pitched now, nice! and wheels were looking nice.
so denting the exhaust must have made it different, it sounded unlike anything i've heard, maybe e46 m3?

Markie- the bodybuilder physique E60, a muscle car!
Will - although not much sound from your car, it rocketted forwards everytime you floored it
Derrick - nice intake sound
Derek- need a new car man, F360 right?
Jacky- need some mods, wheels for a start!
Alan- man your foglights were blinding man, and i think your car was quite rapid!
Stan - you were up my arse on the way up!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum