E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
See other side impact crash video as well
http://www.nasva.go....08/type/12.html

No 7 seaters can offer proper side impact safety.
FYI there is no official rear impact test on 7 seaters yet, so I cannot comment on it.
that true, I think they are planning for a eurocap on the rear impact test.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Senior Members

I've tried the current model X5 with 3rd row of seats, this row of seats are for kids, not for adults. And when the 2nd row of seats are fitted with child seat, there is no way the wife can get to the back seat easily. I afraid there is no proper 7 seater that can offer strong passive safety yet flexible seat arrangement like the Toyota Noah.
space and convenience wise, it cant compare. on the other hand, it drives just like a bmw rather than a big crusier. it stops fathers going into mid life crisis.

have you test driven noah? the handling is totally unpredictable, on the limit, it just goes all over the place. if you really need a 7 seater, the previa wins my recommendation. older 8 seater previa can turn the middle rows round also.

anyway, I personally wouldnt agree to having the wife sitting at the back of the car, u dont want her turn into a 'helicopter mum'.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by pinguhk
that true, I think they are planning for a eurocap on the rear impact test.
And when that time comes, we will have our car's rear bumper like 10 inch extra from the existing design and the mini car will weight 1.8 tons to comply with this requirement.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung
space and convenience wise, it cant compare. on the other hand, it drives just like a bmw rather than a big crusier. it stops fathers going into mid life crisis.

have you test driven noah? the handling is totally unpredictable, on the limit, it just goes all over the place. if you really need a 7 seater, the previa wins my recommendation. older 8 seater previa can turn the middle rows round also.

anyway, I personally wouldnt agree to having the wife sitting at the back of the car, u dont want her turn into a 'helicopter mum'.
previa is not the winner any more. the 2011 elgrand is the winner .
I can not wait to see this car when it arrive at showroom
so far there is only water goods.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kcleung

I still cannot convince myself to drive a 2.2 ton SUV ... I think I will stick with the E60 for the time being.
The ISOFIX child seat allows 10 seconds detach (no the ISOFIX base) to get wife sit in the middle. And when the kids grows bigger, mom would be sitting in the front. I will take your advise to just let them cry for the trip.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
previa is not the winner any more. the 2011 elgrand is the winner .
I can not wait to see this car when it arrive at showroom
so far there is only water goods.
The hearsay is it costs 760K. Will you say that it's a winner again if the price tag is so steep?
Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Senior Members

The hearsay is it costs 760K. Will you say that it's a winner again if the price tag is so steep?
a fd has the current model, I thought it was v spacious and solid. Most importantly, its rwd. the new one is fwd.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Senior Members

I stick w my e90 for similar reasons and now my first child is 4, there is really no need for me to get a bigger car anyway.

u have the bmw oem seat dont you? my max-cosi isofix seats are v heavy, it needs a pair of strong arms and back to move them round. the britax one for 3+ yr old is a bit easier.

I still cannot convince myself to drive a 2.2 ton SUV ... I think I will stick with the E60 for the time being.
The ISOFIX child seat allows 10 seconds detach (no the ISOFIX base) to get wife sit in the middle. And when the kids grows bigger, mom would be sitting in the front. I will take your advise to just let them cry for the trip.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 AM
Contributors

then you should try my stepwgn 2.4 at 1550kg same as my old 525i.
that the way to do it.
for me from 2 years on mum was at front.
it is ok in HK most of the trips are very short unlike UK.
must let them sit in baby seat for safety
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 AM
Contributors

I think the 2.4 is about 450k which is ok for the basic model
you know the 2.0 stepwgn is now 320k :thumbsdown:
that lot more than my 2.4

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum