E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='194992' date='Nov 7 2005, 11:28 PM
How come it is still so damn hot outside??? Not good for BBQ, it's suppose to be winter time already according to the chinese calendar...

Guys

Do u use any of the following car detailers?
1) Challenger
2) Cars
3) Wilson
I hv tried both 1 and 2, I find 2 better. Any experience?
I think all three did a horrible job... Well, maybe it's just my bias that I don't like ppl use bucket of dirty water to wash my car

For anyone that's live in kowloon side, I take my car to a shop in Sun Po Kong for car wash. They use pressure jet and hand+airgun dry. Thus, they have pressure jet for undercar as well... I buy "coupons" from them, cost me around $59 each
Old 11-08-2005, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by gf366' post='195037
How come it is still so damn hot outside??? Not good for BBQ, it's suppose to be winter time already according to the chinese calendar...

Guys

1) Challenger
2) Cars
3) Wilson
I think all three did a horrible job... Well, maybe it's just my bias that I don't like ppl use bucket of dirty water to wash my car

For anyone that's live in kowloon side, I take my car to a shop in Sun Po Kong for car wash. They use pressure jet and hand+airgun dry. Thus, they have pressure jet for undercar as well... I buy "coupons" from them, cost me around $59 each
[/quote]
Don't know about the car wash facility in Hong Kong, but I would definitely stay away from the car wash in USA.

Since you guys own a E60 in Hong Kong (some with mods), not cheap in terms of Hong Kong dollars (not an average middle class citizen in Hong Kong can afford), I would imagine that you should be able to wash your cars outside your house. Not need to visit the car wash facility unless you have no time to do so or don't like to do that yourself.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by lcc014' post='195089' date='Nov 8 2005, 06:04 AM
Since you guys own a E60 in Hong Kong (some with mods), not cheap in terms of Hong Kong dollars (not an average middle class citizen in Hong Kong can afford), I would imagine that you should be able to wash your cars outside your house. Not need to visit the car wash facility unless you have no time to do so or don't like to do that yourself.
YA thats right! in front of your multi-million dollar (USD) homes! right AC_S5?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='195093
YA thats right! in front of your multi-million dollar (USD) homes! right AC_S5?
[/quote]

Why are you picking on me

I live in an appartment so my car is in the garage so no driveway unlike Canada or the States. I pay 280 HKD each month and someone will wash my car for me everyday, so I don't need to do it on days when it is 30 degrees outside.

I also will detail the car every two months, I use Challenger and the job is ok by my standard. I am not picky as long as I don't need to do it same goes for cooking.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Members

Anyone know what kinda loaners BMWHK is currently giving out?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by kchika' post='195150' date='Nov 9 2005, 12:23 AM
BMWHk gives out loaner? Never heard of it, I think they will laugh if you ask. Please inform me if they do.

So only the four of us is interested in a meet?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by kchika' post='195150' date='Nov 9 2005, 12:23 AM
They give out loaners? I am not sure do they have any loaners at all..........
I think they do let your rent the loaner....if I remember correctly. Maybe I am wrong.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

I'd like to take out an M5 loaner....haha.

Actually, I wouldn't mind trying the Z4, I wonder how it drives. I like the design.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='195170' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:09 AM
I'd like to take out an M5 loaner....haha.

Actually, I wouldn't mind trying the Z4, I wonder how it drives. I like the design.
They will laugh at you even harder.

Actually now you brought it up, the weather is great right now for going to that BBQ place because if memories serves me correctly, that place is near the sea and those breeze are quite strong.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gf366' post='195037

Guys

1) Challenger
2) Cars
3) Wilson

[/quote]

Hey gf366, where is that place you are talking about? I think I wanted a wash in between those detailing session as sometimes the car gets real dirty and too much brake dust, plus those ah sum doesn't do the best job on the body and wheels they only clean the windows well.

Any other place where you can get a good wash for a good price.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum