E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:32 PM
[quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:24 AM']Isn't the spoiler in the second picture the M spoiler?

Hey bun, I still need help regarding my rims.? Do you think is good to buy the M5 wheels from mgmbh1?? Don't know will it be too big for our car?? If not what are some good alternative?? I want OEM rims.?
[snapback]180395[/snapback]
AC S5

It is another style of rear spoiler that came with my M tech kit which is neither of those styles shown. Maybe gf366 still has it with him and can take a picture to show you.

I like the M5 rims but it all depends on how much. I thought the wheel well size is the same between ours and the M5's? so the M wheel should fit right? Or you can just go with any of the 17" OEM wheels if you're worried about ride quality. Mine is just right for me, neither too hard nor too soft.

[snapback]180401[/snapback]
[/quote]

No apparently, the M5 can fit bigger wheels then ours so I am concern about fender rubbing, ride quality, fuel consumption etc.

How about style 123? Do you think that's a good choice.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Senior Members

Saw GT88 today... Nice car! Not sure if he'd saw me?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:32 AM
It is another style of rear spoiler that came with my M tech kit which is neither of those styles shown.? Maybe gf366 still has it with him and can take a picture to show you.
Nope... incorrect... my bodykit doesn't come with any spoiler... The eariler M kit do comes with a big spoiler which you may find in the BMW accessories catalogue... However, neither BMWHK nor the outside shop comes in a spoiler w/ the kit now...

The spoiler that I have now, is the M5 spoiler, which means it's the small one shown on the previous picture...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:26 AM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:32 PM'][quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:24 AM']Isn't the spoiler in the second picture the M spoiler?

Hey bun, I still need help regarding my rims.? Do you think is good to buy the M5 wheels from mgmbh1?? Don't know will it be too big for our car?? If not what are some good alternative?? I want OEM rims.?
AC S5

It is another style of rear spoiler that came with my M tech kit which is neither of those styles shown. Maybe gf366 still has it with him and can take a picture to show you.

I like the M5 rims but it all depends on how much. I thought the wheel well size is the same between ours and the M5's? so the M wheel should fit right? Or you can just go with any of the 17" OEM wheels if you're worried about ride quality. Mine is just right for me, neither too hard nor too soft.

[/quote]

No apparently, the M5 can fit bigger wheels then ours so I am concern about fender rubbing, ride quality, fuel consumption etc.

[snapback]180418[/snapback]
[/quote]

The problem is, if you get OEM BMW wheels, it's not as eye-catching as aftermarkets... I personally like Modular wheels better, looks more classy But well, wheels are like shoes, something very personal...

For the tire/wheel size, if you think you car have sufficient amount of power now, you may consider go wider/bigger. However, if you are quite demanding on power, I don't suggest you go w/ something over 245 @ front, 265 @ back... If you'd insist to have nice big wheels, you may consider Forged wheels, it's much much lighter than the OEMs... The advantage of having some light wheels is that, your car will be alot more responsive...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Oct 7 2005, 12:46 AM
The problem is, if you get OEM BMW wheels, it's not as eye-catching as aftermarkets... I personally like Modular wheels better, looks more classy ? But well, wheels are like shoes, something very personal...

For the tire/wheel size, if you think you car have sufficient amount of power now, you may consider go wider/bigger. However, if you are quite demanding on power, I don't suggest you go w/ something over 245 @ front, 265 @ back... If you'd insist to have nice big wheels, you may consider Forged wheels, it's much much lighter than the OEMs... The advantage of having some light wheels is that, your car will be alot more responsive...
[snapback]180434[/snapback]
I know aftermarket wheels have their advantages, there are some nice composite wheels on the market. But my is still a family sedan so I will prefer something not as eye catching. I don't really know for sure now, I've seen a guy at BMW with those replicas M5 wheels and they look really good on the 5, but they are replicas and not cheap either. I have been considering those taiwan ACS rims because they have 18" and not that expensive but still they are replicas. So I might end up with bunbun's style wheel or the style 123 if AhJai still want to sell his. But M5 wheels look f**king good on the 5.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Well off the record, I have been reading some other post in the forum and I was reading this one where alohalc was asking Bunbun about why the plate is yellow on the back and white on the front. The rear plate is yellow because is more eyecatching and more reflective than the white plate, also I think is for photo purpose as white plate with flash... well you get the picture. So why is it white in the front that I am not sure, I have a friend who is a cop and I could ask him or if someone know just fill me in.

As for the license plate in China, the blue ones in white letters is plate for local people or local company owned cars. The first Chinese character denotes the province where the vehical was register. The white ones with black letter and red Chinese character are government vehicles, so if you see one with the word army on it don't mess with them. The black ones are for foreigners ie. someone from outside with investment in China and need a car. That's why all the car in Hong Kong with China license plate is black.

alohalc I hope you are reading this, this post is for you and btw long time no see.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 523i 05' Silver Grey|Beige|Light Poplar

Hi David

Of course ! Wow we hv 7 cars now, it's going to be a great gathering You know the meet up details right?
[snapback]180300[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes I got it, thanks bunbun

Hi everyone,

I find the front Rims are really dirty after first 2 weeks....

Can I just use water or some particular detergent to clean it up??
like those I can get in Mong Kok?? eg. 99工房

(I am a very beginner )
Old 10-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:26 AM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:32 PM'][quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:24 AM']Isn't the spoiler in the second picture the M spoiler?

AC S5

[/quote]

[snapback]180418[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hi I also have been contemplating buying new wheels. I think the 123 style would be a good choice as it is not so much bigger(ie heavier than the 16 and 17" OEM rims) I would love to put 19' on my car but I have concerns about the ride and performance especially the roads in the city are not the best and the 523 and 525 are not the most torquey engines out there! Just my 2 cents!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pogo1' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:17 AM
Hi I also have been contemplating buying new wheels. I think the 123 style would be a good choice as it is not so much bigger(ie heavier than the 16 and 17" OEM rims) I would love to put 19' on my car but I have concerns about the ride and performance especially the roads in the city are not the best and the 523 and 525 are not the most torquey engines out there! Just my 2 cents!
[snapback]180647[/snapback]
Of course those are my concerns too, if you are buying new OEMs why don't you go for style 124, a bit wider at the rear much nicer.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 6 2005, 08:59 PM
Of course those are my concerns too, if you are buying new OEMs why don't you go for style 124, a bit wider at the rear much nicer.
[snapback]180684[/snapback]
I want the rims in your avatar pic...

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum