E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

holy shitttt

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Ok after reading this and other boards about this, I'll give it a try. This is what won me over;

I was actually talking "to the man" himself Steve Dinan about this last month. Whether you are a Dinan guy or not, this man is a walking encyclopedia on automotive expertise! I was at his facility in Morgan Hill and asked him specifically about this. He said "it absolutely gives you added horsepower and performance gain, and in no way would the removal be detected on your smog checks" I asked him point direct why anyone would choose to keep them on knowing this? "there is absolutely no reason unless you truely want to spare the air" (tree huggers)
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by mookish
Ok after reading this and other boards about this, I'll give it a try. This is what won me over;

There ya go... sounds definitive to me. I am gonna try it on my 545i... see if that 8 growls a bit more

I cant believe we are 50+ posts into a charcoal filter debate!!! I am surprised the old debate crew hasnt jumped in with all the opinions and negativity - Diamond and tuffluck where are you???
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by ProMed
I think you missed the sarcasm.

sure did it was early this morning when i wrote that lol. brain wasn't at full rev yet you know.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

ok so its mid day im in beverly hills driving down wilshire about to pull up to a light and what happens my car literally shuts off while im driving it and the service engine soon light comes on. The only thing i did to the car in the last 24 hours was remove that damn charbroiler!!!!!! F this stupid thing im blaming it on that ( and you guys for making me take it out!!!!!! lmao) and its going back in right now!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by GsQ
ok so its mid day im in beverly hills driving down wilshire about to pull up to a light and what happens my car literally shuts off while im driving it and the service engine soon light comes on. The only thing i did to the car in the last 24 hours was remove that damn charbroiler!!!!!! F this stupid thing im blaming it on that ( and you guys for making me take it out!!!!!! lmao) and its going back in right now!!!!!!!!
Hope you figure out what the real problem was.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
GsQ
Contributors

taking it for a test drive right now i think i figured it out... BTW the test drive is going to be to the tint shop to make an appointment for new tints
Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Members

Took mine out and test drove it around the twisties... lots of peeps on the roads so I didn't get a real good go at it. I don't know if there is a difference or not as my car is already pretty quick... but I can't go back as the filter broke apart...
Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by GsQ
taking it for a test drive right now i think i figured it out... BTW the test drive is going to be to the tint shop to make an appointment for new tints
So what was the problem?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM
GsQ
Contributors

i take back everything i said about that little charbroiler!!!!!! lmao.. I dont like to admit when i f'd up but in this case i have to. When i took the filter out yesterday and snapped the cover back on the filter the bottom hook snap (which is kinda annoying to get at) did not close properly. Thus a proper seal was not formed and there was air escaping from the unit itself. This i believe was the problem which i corrected just now and went for a drive and everything was fine.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chamix
Hey guys, does the 08 535xi (N54) have this filter?

+1 on that one

Quick Reply: holy shitttt