E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

holy shitttt

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by GsQ
ok so its mid day im in beverly hills driving down wilshire about to pull up to a light and what happens my car literally shuts off while im driving it and the service engine soon light comes on. The only thing i did to the car in the last 24 hours was remove that damn charbroiler!!!!!! F this stupid thing im blaming it on that ( and you guys for making me take it out!!!!!! lmao) and its going back in right now!!!!!!!!

dude, sorry that was just lol funny - not your misfortune, just the story.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Wow waste of time I didnt see any difference I put it back in
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by sactown545
Wow waste of time I didnt see any difference I put it back in
waste of time????? it really wasted the two minutes it took to take it out?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

Originally Posted by GsQ
waste of time????? it really wasted the two minutes it took to take it out?
my thoughts exactly
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

ohh but he has a sprint booster in his car. so yeah probably did waste your time..your car already has good throttle response.
EDIT
nvm im so confused GSQ has the sprint booster
Old 04-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

After driving my 525 again last night, I will confirm the engine tone is definitely louder. Particularly when giving it steady throttle around 2k+ rpm. I love the sound of the straight 6... But, I've always noticed when I lay into the pedal for solid acceleration, there is sometimes a small lag around 4k rpm, then a burst of hp throughout the rest of the rpm band.. I believe this half-second lag is due to throttle response (electronic throttle/pedal)?

I guess I need to be considering a sprint booster to eliminate this issue?

And on a side note... This is my first BMW (after months of saving and searching). I came from a 4-cylinder Hyundai Sonata, so the 525 feels light-years faster. I was looking for a 528 or 530 originally, but purchased this car because of its great condition, CPO warrenty, 1 owner, excellent price...And most importantly it is a MANUAL STICK SHIFT . But in reality, is this car considered slow compared to newer 528s and larger 530s?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Members

it's starting to appear that the smaller 525-530's are experiencing more noticeable sound/throttle improvement.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

cant confirm more throttle respose...all i noticed was the sound (loudest at 2k-3k rpms) like noted above. Good enough for me considering it was free
Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i took mine off my 550. it was glued in place. while i didnt really notice it being louder, it sure as hell felt like the engine wanted to rev more. i'm going to have to do some more driving to confirm.
i would imagine with close to 100k miles on my car, that the charcoal filter would have to have been dirty at least some, and possibly restrict the air.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Members

Alright guys some of us thought it'd be funny to trick you guys into taking out the filter!! It was an early April fools joke. You guys better put it back in and get your car serviced ASAP. You guys probably have a lot of bad chemicals in your car now! Hahaha.

Quick Reply: holy shitttt