E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help on how to add hp to 525

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i wouldn't say any NA motor. heads/cam swap is an easy 60+ hp on an lsx engine (corvette, camaro, etc). you could do that under a grand in price.

exhaust will definitely provide more power, but v6/i6's sound silly with aftermarket exhausts
That's only a bi-product of the massive numbers of corvette's, camaro's, etc. on the road. But a valid point.

...and I have a V8, not that this is changing my mind regarding an aftermarket exhaust.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 523 2007 LCI 525 2002 Corvette Bigblock 1972

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
ESS Normal Aspiration optimized ECU software is a result of 100's of dyno runs and exact calibration of all parameters to allow maximum performance gains with improved driveability/fuel consumption and stock engine longevity. RPM limit is increased to 6700RPM , and top speed governor is removed.

Throttle response programming is greatly improved over stock.

Power is increased.
Hi,

I do understand why BMW and other car makers doesn't use the full potential of charged engines, the potential are very large and they spare engine, transmission et.c so it would´t fail.

But why doesn't they take full advantage of a non charged engine, like 525 and 530? Why can you with a small budget find more HP then BMW with all their expertize and money?

Can you bring us the details about it and some diagrams that proves? Thanks!

//Lasse
Old 11-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jasperxli
maybe i should stick a ///M to it...
lol i know someone that did that and its pretty gay, im just gonna take the 525i off and not put anything on when i get some upgrades but by the way this sounds im not gonna get nothing but 15 hp....... so maybe just leave it stock and get some visual.......
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by orlovskyy
im just gonna take the 525i off and not put anything on when i get some upgrades but by the way this sounds im not gonna get nothing but 15 hp....... so maybe just leave it stock and get some visual.......
Good choice - wise decision about how to spend your money and get the return for the investment.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

orlovskyy,
Maybe this thread would be of interest to you. https://5series.net/forums/topic/105...ngine-finally/
Providing that you have the correct engine type in your 525i (N52B30) you can add reasonable power by choosing a Gintani Supercharger and Tune or a 3 Stage Manifold and Tune. As others have mentioned in your post, the cost relative to performance ratio may still be prohibitive, but at least you know there are some options out there.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
orlovskyy,
Maybe this thread would be of interest to you. https://5series.net/forums/topic/105...ngine-finally/
Providing that you have the correct engine type in your 525i (N52B30) you can add reasonable power by choosing a Gintani Supercharger and Tune or a 3 Stage Manifold and Tune. As others have mentioned in your post, the cost relative to performance ratio may still be prohibitive, but at least you know there are some options out there.

Good luck!
Thanks, i read the whole thing and its alot of usefull info. I have another question tho.... what would u recomend a 300$ sprint booster that adds no hp or BMS Power Box BMW Performance Chip for 289$ that adds 10 hp and if it really does what it advertizes???
Old 11-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Thanks, i read the whole thing and its alot of usefull info. I have another question tho.... what would u recomend a 300$ sprint booster that adds no hp or BMS Power Box BMW Performance Chip for 289$ that adds 10 hp and if it really does what it advertizes???
orlovskyy,
It really would not be fair for me to draw a comparison given that I do have the Sprintbooster V2 installed and can definitely confirm that response time once you hit the accelerator is much better than stock; however I do not have the Power box installed nor have I had any previous experience with it. Maybe others who have both can chime in...

Cheers!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Contributors

I also have the sprintbooster and it is a must have in you E60 especially if u have a 525i it brings the car to life. But if I were you I would go with the BMS Powerbox because you do get the 10+HP and if you add and exhaust like RPI you will get close to a 30+HP Gain and Torque25+
Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Do the suspension too if u can then your car would drive and feel complete.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by orlovskyy
the sprint booster causes your pedal to react more to a shorter travel, but the sprint booster does not eliminate throttle lag, which is the time it takes your ECU to recognize that you have depressed your gas pedal at all. it is an extremely common misconception about the sprint booster unfortunately.

so, others have said it before and it's true: if you just press your pedal down further when you give it gas, you will achieve the same thing that the sprint booster does. in fact, it has been proven that the sprint booster does not even accelerate your car any whatsoever after your pedal reaches 80% travel.

Quick Reply: Help on how to add hp to 525