E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on how to add hp to 525

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, im new to the forums I would like to get some info on what i need to buy to turn my 525i (215 hp) into 530 (265 hp)? They share the same engine so i would imagine its not that difficult correct me if im wrong. Also how much would it cost and if anyone in here that did it? Thanks for all ur help u guys rock!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

No replacement for displacement.
IMO adding hp to your car is not difficult, but it's actually the torque that pulls you away from the crowd.
To my understanding, more hp can take you to a certain speed faster, torque is the force that pulls before the hp comes to play.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
IMO adding hp to your car is not difficult, but it's actually the torque that pulls you away from the crowd.
To my understanding, more hp can take you to a certain speed faster, torque is the force that pulls before the hp comes to play.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by orlovskyy
Hello, im new to the forums I would like to get some info on what i need to buy to turn my 525i (215 hp) into 530 (265 hp)? They share the same engine so i would imagine its not that difficult correct me if im wrong. Also how much would it cost and if anyone in here that did it? Thanks for all ur help u guys rock!
The engine size may be the same but I'm certain there are notable differences (cylinder heads, injection type, etc) that explain the difference.

It all boils down to how much money you can spend. If you have the budget, look into installing a Supercharger and Performance Exhaust.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato

that is wrong. torque is actually just a function of horsepower. they are both essentially the same thing. the difference, in layman's terms, is that torque is how much horsepower is displaced at a given RPM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynometer

HP = (Torque * RPM) / 5252

Torque = (HP * 5252) / RPM

BMW engines aren't real privy to being modded for performance purposes. this is good and bad. my last car you could pretty much buy a toaster for and if you found a way to attach it, it would add power to the car. so, you can save some money without many modding options

the downside is that there isn't a lot else you can do besides simple filter swaps and exhaust mods. the air intake system on BMWs is already superior to aftermarket cold air intakes too. i really doubt a supercharger would be worth the money.

btw, i think the 530i has only 255hp.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Hey orlovskyy, no need to mod your 525, it's just as fast as my 550 because your 525 is much lighter, just ask tuffluck, he's the expert on this
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

To get the most power out of your 525i I would put the RPi scoop (5-7whp), RPi axle back exhaust (7-10whp), and the ESS tune (10-12whp). Please contact me anytime for pricing
Old 10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
BMW engines aren't real privy to being modded for performance purposes.
That is not an accurate statement. Non-turbo charged BMW engines (as well as any engines that aren't turbo or supercharged) are not easy (or cheap) to modify and obtain significant power gains. People who love BMW and are into modding love the 335 and 535. Can chip it and gain a ton of additional TQ and HP for a very low price.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jmsod
That is not an accurate statement. Non-turbo charged BMW engines (as well as any engines that aren't turbo or supercharged) are not easy (or cheap) to modify and obtain significant power gains. People who love BMW and are into modding love the 335 and 535. Can chip it and gain a ton of additional TQ and HP for a very low price.
yeah that's true, i guess i should have said NA engines. thanks for the correction.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport

To get the most power out of your 525i I would put the RPi scoop (5-7whp), RPi axle back exhaust (7-10whp), and the ESS tune (10-12whp). Please contact me anytime for pricing
what exactly does the ESS tune do?

Quick Reply: Help on how to add hp to 525