E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:40 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little to the left, right, higher go down AH right there, you rub like a pro.

Originally Posted by smooth0033
oh yea the Vossen's really pop once you lowered the car, but that's usually the case with aftermarket wheels 20" and up, they always look off or not right until you drop the car, then they just look like "wow, what!"

I almost went with Vossen's CV3's for my lexus, but ended up going local with iForged wheels, i'm in So Cal and why pay for shipping, when i got some off the best forged wheels manufacturers in my backyard, HRE, iForged, VIP Modular, DPE.

I agree though, Vossen has a great marketing team, with those 2 min. mini music video's they put out weekly, they market the "art in motion" for sure. Would be awesome to see your car in one of the Vossen videos, hit up Mike@Vossenwheels.com, send him your pics, if you haven't already.

Also thanks for the compliments on the my ride. It's the mastermind idea of another member but it's mine now... lol, check out pics of my rides at:

Flickr: smoothkat0033's Photostream
I'm speechless!! WOW big leagues for sure. You certainly know how to make man humble.
How in the hell did you stuff 21x11's in there? CV3's are the most sold Vossen wheels. Even my grandma has CV3's. I just didn't feel those wheels were the right style for the E60. I wanted to be different. My quarter panel roll wasn't to aggressive. The shop said that due to our cars thick quarter panel they couldn't roll the lip flat. As of now I'm not quite sure if the minimal amount of rubbing is coming from the lip or the plastic cover under the panel. The coils changed the attitude of the vehicle. First of all because the car is lower as you sit in it you feel like your entering a sports car. It reminded me of my Supra. The handling of the coils front and rear work in harmony. Before the front had their on thing going on bumps compared to the rear. It was like a two step process. The fronts reacted worst than the rears. Now the whole car reacts the same on bumps working as a team. I can't believe are driving my old sedan. The small rubbing reminds me that I'm flying low with a token thru manhood. But it does curtail me from slamming into corners and going drifting. lol
It sure humbled me with passenger in the rear. Especially the passenger side probably due to our heavy ass battery. I still haven't register the battery and all is good so far. The dealer wanted 120.00 to complete the task in Florida. I can't wait to see my 1M/M5 bumper, gloss black liver grilles and the carbon fiber spoiler installed.
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-cv7.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-lip.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-getting-closer1.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 07-21-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: Modded GS4 / Modded 525i

Ha ha, thanks man. I appreciate the compliments. Yea you're right bout CV3's being everywhere. But I was looking into those wheels back in 2010 when they weren't so saturated. But a good looking wheel is a good looking wheel. My HRE 740's are everywhere too but I still gawk when I see them done rite. And btw you stuff them in carefully! Lol

Looking forward to seeing your ride completed!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:10 PM
New Members

Default Happy Travels

Jrosa55 has left the building.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:51 AM
New Members

Default Holly shit batman

After seeing the picture of how low these 1M bumper sit. I feel shivers thru my spine. My bumper will be installed tomorrow and the wife will be driving it home and more shivers thru my spine. I can see how according to all these negative remarks that the 1M conversion is not winning a popularity contest. Oh well is to late now. Honey can I buy one more thing? I need air bags for my KW's. (Wife) Hell to the no, where are those dam divorce documents? Sorry, honey just kidding. (Wife) You should had left the M5 bumper alone. (Wife) it looks like a Honda rice bucket. God please forgive me, I've committed a mortal sin.

I personally like it all but the orange liver grills. I would keep the orange side mirrors. IMO. This car belongs in all magazines representing BMW M5's. It has a euro look that home boys don't understand if they don't get much around on the other side of the pond. Harold, you go boy. I want to act like you when I grow up. We got you Bro. That's what I call a (IN YOUR FACE BITCH) look. I feel you Bro. Stick it to the man!

Check out this 1M Bumper Conversion - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

Looking for a mate (passenger side) to my newly acquired right side Moby Dick M5 fender. An Alpine White one will generate a full blown climax!!
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-harolds-beast.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-left-side-m5-fender.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-low-joe.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 08-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i XDrive

Wow, pretty harsh over there. All I can say is that what's important is how YOU feel about it. Everyone has different tastes, for example, I prefer a black car to a white car, and that doesn't mean a white car is wrong, it just means I have different tastes. The most important thing is to make yourself happy, not a bunch of people on some forum.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 PM
New Members

Default Man up Joe!

Originally Posted by NOCTRNAL
Wow, pretty harsh over there. All I can say is that what's important is how YOU feel about it. Everyone has different tastes, for example, I prefer a black car to a white car, and that doesn't mean a white car is wrong, it just means I have different tastes. The most important thing is to make yourself happy, not a bunch of people on some forum.
Thank you so much for the comment. Ok, I need to stop crying. I have to man up and stand behind my decisions. lol It will be OK. That's all I needed was some solid encouragement. Yes, I can do this. I can represent. I can wear the T-Shirt 1M/M5 conversion rules with pride . Hurry up Joe go ahead order the clear plastic dip and Viper alarm. Don't look back.

Remember your 4 rules in live:

1) Things don't stay the same for ever.
2) Don't worry about things you can't control.
3) Don't worry of who will follow, concentrate on where you want to go.
4) Praise the Lord, give thanks for all the blessing and help thy neighbor.

Amen

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...s-here-134062/

Last edited by Jrosa55; 08-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 PM
New Members

Having issues with the installation. Any advise?

Joe,

Have a few issues.

Bumper won't mount to car unless we cut the stock bumper reinforcement.

Front lip doesn't fit bumper because doesn't match up on the ends. They cut the 1M middle section but leave the ends E60.

Let me know what to do....
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-bumper.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-lip.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 08-02-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM
New Members

Default Moby Dick almost whaling.

OK folks, Moby Dick is trying hard to get into the sea. I can only keep him alive for so long pumping water in his mouth and out the spout with a hose. I have to make a quick decision.
I can stretch Moby Dick's lips so far before he starts complaining. The lip doesn't look so bad if you look at it from the front only. Maybe install some LED fog lamp at the ends. I got an idea, I'll photoshop it. Lol

Here are my options. Currently accepting other options. A 100.000.00 dollar reward for the best solution.

1) Moby Dick would have to go under the knife for plastic surgery. To extend the face to cover the end of the lip. Similar to what Harold did to his M5 below. Cost=$800.00

2) Leave it alone and sell the spoiler. Gain $700.00

3) Jerry rig it by buying a secondary spoiler or similar contraption and cut the ends to fit the missing space. Cost $36.00

4) Install it the way it fits and not loose any sleep over it. I'm leaning towards this option.

Trading Moby Dick for a 1M is not an option. SMART ASS! LOL

Front Bumper Spoiler Lip Splitter Body Kit Fit BMW E46 E90 E92 E81 E60 F10 E64 | eBay

96 98 Honda Civic T R Urethane Front Bumper Lip Spoiler | eBay

Fit for Honda Side Skirt Add on Bodykit Spoiler Valence Chin in Pairs | eBay

Any other brainy solution will be considered in an attempt to gradually immerse Moby Dick into his sea worthy environment. So put on your thinking cap and show me the money, sorry wrong movie, SHOW ME YOUR BRAIN CELLS!! Honey, do yo think I need a longer harpoon? Size matters is a myth right?

BTW how do you like the new look?

Moby Dick is providing free rides for a limited time in celebration of the new facelift.

Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-harolds-beast.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-image_2.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-image_3.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-image_1.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-image.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 08-06-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I had to turn Moby Dick on his side and feed him.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:18 PM
New Members

Default Spoiler from Hell!

Spoiler picture!!
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-lip.jpg  
Old 08-10-2013, 05:04 PM
New Members

Default Moby Dick's Spout Closure Operation

Moby Dick is going under the the knife. I found a surgeon willing to close Moby's breathing spout and insert fish gills. No more resurfacing for air to endanger the species. Total avoidance of menacing harpoons from the whaling ships .

Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-blk-fender.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-alpine-fender.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-fish-gills.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 08-10-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Scheduled Spout Inspection

Quick Reply: God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.