E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Rolling

Originally Posted by 04tl
Did you install your coilovers yet ?? Wanna see some pics.. Lol
Fizz AutoSport is finger rolling my rear quarter panels and installing my KW's coilovers today. It's going to tight as a 18 year old track bunny due to my aggressive setup and her unforgiving crying. But that's the way I roll, always living on the edge and exploring untapped tunnels. My bumper is completed and being picked up today from Cali for shipment to A&L Auto Body in the Chicago area. Unfortunately, I ran out of time on my R&R and won't see my bumper physically on my car. Only in pictures when the wife takes the car for bumper installation. She won't be allowed to drive my car after project completion. So drooling over pictures will become part of my repertoire. I should be returning to the sandlot on Monday. Back to the daily incoming and counting the days to my return home permanently. Actively looking for a job back home. Pictures of my new baby will be available on People Magazine next to Princess Kate Middleton's expected for ever new baby.

Fizz Autosports
iND Distribution Group & Eisenmann North America | Custom Vehicle Solutions for BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Porsche, Ferrari | Eisenmann, Motorsport24, 3D Design, iND Parts and Accessories, Victory Road
Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
Fizz AutoSport is finger rolling my rear quarter panels and installing my KW's coilovers today. It's going to tight as a 18 year old track bunny due to my aggressive setup and her unforgiving crying. But that's the way I roll, always living on the edge and exploring untapped tunnels. My bumper is completed and being picked up today from Cali for shipment to A&L Auto Body in the Chicago area. Unfortunately, I ran out of time on my R&R and won't see my bumper physically on my car. Only in pictures when the wife takes the car for bumper installation. She won't be allowed to drive my car after project completion. So drooling over pictures will become part of my repertoire. I should be returning to the sandlot on Monday. Back to the daily incoming and counting the days to my return home permanently. Actively looking for a job back home. Pictures of my new baby will be available on People Magazine next to Princess Kate Middleton's expected for ever new baby.

Fizz Autosports
iND Distribution Group & Eisenmann North America | Custom Vehicle Solutions for BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Porsche, Ferrari | Eisenmann, Motorsport24, 3D Design, iND Parts and Accessories, Victory Road
Let me know how the ride is please !! Also let me know if the vossens fit without using spacers to clear the coils. The info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 PM
New Members

My Ride: Modded GS4 / Modded 525i

yea, im subscribed wanna see the final outcome, looking good so far
Old 07-19-2013, 05:37 PM
New Members

Default How lo can you go?

Let me know how the ride is please !! Also let me know if the vossens fit without using spacers to clear the coils. The info will be greatly appreciated.
Finally got my new legs installed. I'm totally satisfied. The ride is almost or better than stock. No coilover rubbing with the rims. Maybe 2% stiffer on bumps but I'm thrilled. It's worth paying for the XI KW's. As of now the tires do rub a tad with two people up front going thru bumps. When the 11 , 8, and and adult were added on the back it rub to much. I can either adjust the height by 1/2 inch or adjust the rear damping to be stiffer so it won't go lower with bumps. For now it will stay the way it is until my return. Here is the pic's. What do you think of Moby Dick now? I would recommend a 10 inch rim on the rear would clear much better than a 10.5. At the same time my rear tires look massive. Once I tune the suspension it will be ok. Special thanks to the staff at Fizz AutoSport great job.

https://plus.google.com/100053305817...ts/ZCGDBAgMPKo
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-low-joe.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 07-19-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM
New Members

Default Moby Dick new lips and shin coming soon.

Special thanks to Umnitza for the shipment of my bumper from Cali to Chicago using their strong arm special carrier rate. Great guys out there especially Umnitza Tim.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Members

looks great !!! thanks for the info about the ride and wheel fitment. Hurry up back from the sandlot so you can enjoy it !
Old 07-20-2013, 09:45 AM
New Members

Man what a difference lowering the suspension does to your car. Looks great!

Like you mentioned you just gotta tweak your KW's. I have KW's too and i personally like going with a wider wheel and tire in the back and ur wheels look great always been a fan of Vossen wheels. My 525i is running 740 HRE's stepped lip to 21x11 in the rear and for the most part no rubbing unless I have passengers in the rear and hit a hard bump. Otherwise all good. So you should be fine.

Keep the photos coming
Old 07-20-2013, 01:35 PM
New Members

Default Gracias Amigo

looks great !!! thanks for the info about the ride and wheel fitment. Hurry up back from the sandlot so you can enjoy it !
Thanks!! I just went thru my second telephone job interview for a world traveling job and working out of my home. Can't wait to see the final outcome. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Last edited by Jrosa55; 07-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 PM
New Members

Default Thank's Dude

Originally Posted by smooth0033
Man what a difference lowering the suspension does to your car. Looks great!

Like you mentioned you just gotta tweak your KW's. I have KW's too and i personally like going with a wider wheel and tire in the back and ur wheels look great always been a fan of Vossen wheels. My 525i is running 740 HRE's stepped lip to 21x11 in the rear and for the most part no rubbing unless I have passengers in the rear and hit a hard bump. Otherwise all good. So you should be fine.

Keep the photos coming
I can't get back soon enough to tweak until I drop. HI, low, damper here and there. I also noticed that the Vossen's popped once the the car went on the low side. Your teaser car pic's LOOK awesome. I dig the color. Would you be so kind to show us an album of your car?

One day I would love to see my car on the Vossen web site.

http://populagram.appspot.com/user/vossen/1

http://www.vossenwheels.com/

Last edited by Jrosa55; 07-20-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:19 PM
New Members

oh yea the Vossen's really pop once you lowered the car, but that's usually the case with aftermarket wheels 20" and up, they always look off or not right until you drop the car, then they just look like "wow, what!"

I almost went with Vossen's CV3's for my lexus, but ended up going local with iForged wheels, i'm in So Cal and why pay for shipping, when i got some off the best forged wheels manufacturers in my backyard, HRE, iForged, VIP Modular, DPE.

I agree though, Vossen has a great marketing team, with those 2 min. mini music video's they put out weekly, they market the "art in motion" for sure. Would be awesome to see your car in one of the Vossen videos, hit up Mike@Vossenwheels.com, send him your pics, if you haven't already.

Also thanks for the compliments on the my ride. It's the mastermind idea of another member but it's mine now... lol, check out pics of my rides at:

Flickr: smoothkat0033's Photostream

Quick Reply: God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.