E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Glitches on the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

I feel kind of guilty, but I've had the car for nearly one year/10,000 miles, and absolutely no glitches of any kind. I changed oil at 6500 miles on my own and that's the extent of the service so far. I am actually not looking forward to the first dealer service because they may want to do a software update, and I'm afraid that may open the flood gates.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Auto, Carbon Black, Dakota Leather, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. iPod

1. Transmission slam regularly
2. Particulate regeneration sounds like the exhaust has a hole in it.
3. 22MPG from a diesel!!!!
4. CD player gains 3 minutes from ignition off to on again - not very good when listening to audio books
5. Squeaks from rear seats.
6. During particulate regen with cruise control engaged engine revs oscillate around the set point.

Would I buy another? Absolutely not.

Originally Posted by vnod' post='200272
Well let's see
A) New engine installed after 18 days of ownership - Check
Steering rod or something like that changed- Check
C) Anti trap thing, reset - Check
D) Flat Tire, needed new tire $350.00 - Check
E) Oh yes, All the window seals and sun roof seal changed - Check
F) Transmission/engine from a standing start up to 3000 RPMS still sucks, never know when it is going
to buck - No check, still pissed that a car of this caliber does this, and from what I read on this
forum I A'INT THE ONLY ONE!!!!
G) Still cannot understand why RDS goes off and I have to reset from time to time
H) Recently got Bluetooth activated and am loving it - Check

Got the car in Feb '05, new and despite the above, love being in it, notwithstanding (F)

Would I get another one, stay tuned , will let you know in around 25 months from now.
Interesting. I never buy a first-year car. I wonder how common exeriences such as yours are on the 2004 545i's.
[/quote]
Old 01-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I Drive screen went blank on a few occasions whilst navigating.

The digital gauges in the middle of drivers cluster went completely blank for 30 sec. Several times, no reason or cause discovere. Several member had the same.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

On a 200 mile trip, each way, at Christmas, the FTM Monitor went off three times. Each time I pull off at the next gas station, check the tires. The first time, the front passenger side tire was low and I added more air. After stopping and checking I reset the FTM. Two weeks prior to Christmas I had the non-run-flat winter tires and wheels installed. I will have my dealer check it out in a couple of weeks.

I have 22,000 miles on my car. Door seals replaced by BMW at 18k miles. Other than that she has been flawless and great car.

Would I buy another? I am doing Euro Delivery again at the beautiful new delivery center in 07 for a refreshed 550 with same options plus comfort access in Black Sapphire.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

My only real issue has been a rear deck rattle. I have had it to the dealership twice for overnight stays, and they have not fixed it yet. I do believe they are trying, and they are going to get as many tries as it takes. Next time I will get a loaner, and go and test drive until it is fixed. Oh, I have a can of silicone spray and will try to fix it myself this morning.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

I have had the electric driver's seat not work; but it works the next time I start the car.

I did experience one engine stall (cruising at moderate highway speed of maybe 120 km/h) when I first took delivery in July 2004. This was the reason for the recall a few days later.

My CD player doesn't want to play CD #1, for some reason. I assume removing the 6-CD player and replacing it will fix that. Not a big deal.

I am starting to notice more creaks in the car (now at 15,000 miles and 18 months); but that's not a "glitch."
Old 01-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Turn off car, remove keys, warning chime keeps going
Navigation freezes
Driver window doesn't go up
Occasional very rough shift from SMG
Old 01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

Experienced several transmission slams during first 3-4 months. It's gone now.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Yesterday I got the SOS communication failure warning which also disabled my bluetooth. Tried several restarts as well as rebooting idrive, no luck. Several hours later, it fixed itself For now, anyways.

I also occasionally will notice that the Logic7 effect will disable, causing the music to sound flat, and then in kicks in again a few minutes later. The effect would be like if you flattened your equalizer on your home stereo. I assume it's a software glitch.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Several false tyre puncture warnings and DSC failure warnings - fixed with software upgrade.

Transmission slam - not fixed by upgrade.

Passenger side repeater turn indicator fell off ! - replaced but new one fills with water when car washed,

Headlights on most of the time when set to auto.

Front screen suffered stress fracture.

Due back to dealers in 2 weeks for problems to be sorted.

It sounds worse than it is - I still love the car.

Quick Reply: Glitches on the E60