E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Glitches on the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

By definition, a glitch is something that happens out of normal operations but fixed itself after reboot, reset, or some non dealership involvement.

What glitches have you experienced with your E60? I'll start . . .

1. One morning, daytime running lights (DRL) stopped working. Setting was in auto and the LED light was off when it should be on. Went into a dark garge, the lights came as normal. Went outside the garage (daytime) and the DRL remained on.

2. One time, started the car in the morning. The engine hesitated and stopped. Couldn't restart the car again until I pulled out the car, and reinserted the key and restart just normal.

3. On time, closed trunk lid (it snapped in lightly). Drove off and trunk lid open warning came on. I think it was because I didn't close the trunk firmly down like usual.

What's your glitches?
Old 11-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I Drive screen went blank on a few occasions whilst navigating - software upgrade sorted it out.

Cup holders knackered - wont open everytime you push button.

Thats it! Otherwise shes tiptop.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. "Anti-trap function deactivated" - passenger window.
Fix it by rolling the window all the way to the top, release the switch, pull the switch again to make it go up further although it can't. This fix this warning messsage.
2. Most of the time, headlight sensor works very well. Sometime, the sun shine directly to the windshield and headlight still on : wacko:
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

On my old '04 the tire puncture warning came on where week in the winter time with dito tires.

It did get fixed with software update.

Let's see what happens this winter...
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

I have actually had zero glitches, but then again, I've only had my car for 2 weeks and 400 miles.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

1. Trunk open icon appears when trunk is not even open.

2. CD sometimes go back to disc 1 even though I have been listening to disc 3 before shutting off the car.

Other than that no problem thus far.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i (Canada); Deep Sea Blue Metallic; Creme Leather; M Sport Package; Premium Package; Nav Package.

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='200142' date='Nov 18 2005, 01:28 PM
By definition, a glitch is something that happens out of normal operations but fixed itself after reboot, reset, or some non dealership involvement.

1. One morning, daytime running lights (DRL) stopped working. Setting was in auto and the LED light was off when it should be on. Went into a dark garge, the lights came as normal. Went outside the garage (daytime) and the DRL remained on.

2. One time, started the car in the morning. The engine hesitated and stopped. Couldn't restart the car again until I pulled out the car, and reinserted the key and restart just normal.

3. On time, closed trunk lid (it snapped in lightly). Drove off and trunk lid open warning came on. I think it was because I didn't close the trunk firmly down like usual.

What's your glitches?
Here's a new one that I haven't seen on the forum before. I started my car and the warning chimes wouldn't stop. There was no reported fault such as seatbelts, door ajar, etc. I couldn't find any reason why the warning chimes should be sounding. When I restarted the car, it behaved normally.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='200142' date='Nov 18 2005, 01:28 PM

What's your glitches?
I haven't noticed any glitches--unless what's going on with my RDS/FM presets/19.01.10 eventually "fixes itself" (see recent topic started). I am confused about running lights. I though that they were not activated in the US unless one specifically had them activated. Did you do so? If "we" are so confused about so many things, then how is it for the average 5 driver--not into discussing his/her 5, etc. Well, OK, I see the BMW splash screen sometimes, but usually don't. I guess that is a glitch. I am glad I don't see it most times though--and have to wait for it to go away. When is it supposed to be shown--every start up????
Old 11-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributors

1. got tire puncture warning on the first 2 weeks. Fixed by resetting the idrive on the dealer (5 minutes job)
2. got airbag warning 2 months ago. It turns out that the airbag sensor was really broken on passenger side.i dont know how but seems it is not a good design since all of passengers have a normal weight.

otherwise I am a HAPPY with this car.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Other than 2 transmission slams in 8K miles she has been rock solid.

Quick Reply: Glitches on the E60