E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Glitches on the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride:

Done 12.5k miles in my E61 since May 05 and can report that it's been faultless except for:

1. Puncture warning on day 3 - checked pressures and reset idrive and Ok since.
2. iDrive has rebooted twice for no apparent reason
3. Drivers window doesn't always roll up - often stalls with the anti-trap feature.
4. Engine was as rough-as-a-bears-bum for the first 4k miles - now it purrs.

Overall - Well impressed..!!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Andy E61' post='200294' date='Nov 18 2005, 05:10 PM
Done 12.5k miles in my E61 since May 05 and can report that it's been faultless except for:

3. Drivers window doesn't always roll up - often stalls with the anti-trap feature.

If I may add, my transmission before 2000 miles, sounded leaky . . . like it was leaking air from a hose on slow acceleration. Now, it's feels great, responsive, and very well matched to the engine for an automatic.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

1. New gearbox! (no cost)
2. New door seals (no cost)
3. New bluetooth device (no cost)
4. Alots of CIP updates! (no cost)
5. New cupholder (no cost)
6. Airbag sensor (no cost)
7. 4 new tires, could not live with the RF tires.
8. Repainted spoiler (dad backed into a stone )

I think that's all

1 ? year and 61.000 km...
Old 11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

Door seals creaking
Passenger seat creaking
Upper driver seat back 'clicking noise' when pressure applied
passenger seat plastic trim fallen off
knocking noise in steering
squeaky and annoying breaks
odd mechanical grinding noise (high pitch) between 500/1000rpm (somewhere between this. its at a precise rpm).

Idrive crashes (updated twice so far)
Drivers window didnt roll up all the way once and i got wet whilst in the carwash (it leaked in :/)
Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='200289' date='Nov 18 2005, 04:52 PM
I am supersticious so I will not tell you that on my 06 550 with 900 miles Ive had no problems

KNOCK ON WOOD
Supersticious? Glitches are simply that, glitches and no harm. Some people have listed serious problems solved and not solved. I'm just looking for glitches. My logic is the more electronics, the more likely hood of glitches.

It seems that BMW owners with 2.5L have more problems than the 3.0L or larger engine size.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Members

The only thing I find is that the ac always comes on when I start the car even when I turned it off the day before.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Members

With only 1,000 miles logged on the car so far:

Cup Holder only opens once in a while. Gets stuck.

FM Settings reset once in a while, lose all the presets, then later comes back.

Luxury Clunk when I first got this car, still happens once in a while. Stopped at a light, idle and in drive, feels like someone bumped you from behind (slight lurch back and forth). Better now.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='200300

If I may add, my transmission before 2000 miles, sounded leaky . . . like it was leaking air from a hose on slow acceleration. Now, it's feels great, responsive, and very well matched to the engine for an automatic.
[/quote]
I may have heard that noise too--kind of like bus airbrakes. That was the transhissssssssion? Whoa! Actually, I was in front of my car when I heard the noise. What is it about the transmission that makes the noise? Is it defintely the tranny? What else might it be? I had forgotten about the noise. I think that's called denial. ~{;^)
Old 11-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vnod' post='200812
Originally Posted by Andy E61' post='200294' date='Nov 18 2005, 05:10 PM

I may have heard that noise too--kind of like bus airbrakes. That was the transhissssssssion? Whoa! Actually, I was in front of my car when I heard the noise. What is it about the transmission that makes the noise? Is it defintely the tranny? What else might it be? I had forgotten about the noise. I think that's called denial. ~{;^)
[/quote]

When I drive it like a toyota (soft start and acceleration, the car hisses at me. At first, someone on this forum suggested that there might be a snake. 2 days later, my next door neighbor killed a 4 feet black snake!!

Well, the problem was not the snake. I just noticed the hisses when doing slow acceleration. The hissing is low and seems to come from the area of my lower left leg. When I open the window to see if I could hear it from the outside during a slow departure, I don't hear it. But when the window was closed, I hear it. Does anyone know the technical explanation to this sound?
Old 11-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='200829
Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='200300' date='Nov 18 2005, 06:16 PM
[quote name='Andy E61' post='200294' date='Nov 18 2005, 05:10 PM']

[/quote]

When I drive it like a toyota (soft start and acceleration, the car hisses at me. At first, someone on this forum suggested that there might be a snake. 2 days later, my next door neighbor killed a 4 feet black snake!!

Well, the problem was not the snake. I just noticed the hisses when doing slow acceleration. The hissing is low and seems to come from the area of my lower left leg. When I open the window to see if I could hear it from the outside during a slow departure, I don't hear it. But when the window was closed, I hear it. Does anyone know the technical explanation to this sound?
[/quote]
I have never heard it from inside the car. It also sounded like letting air out slowly from a scuba tank or a compressor. Finally, it sounded like the hiss one of my turbocharged RX-7's used to make when releasing pressure after being after marketed. Could there have been MB owners lurking about hissssing? I am having trouble with the transhission idea, but little do I know about BMW's. My wife said she had heard it before I did, but, now, neither of us have heard it for a long time. I think maybe was a true glitch. I hope so.

Quick Reply: Glitches on the E60