E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A Ford Mustang GT encounter...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok newsflash: I'm officially on the Police blacklist. Last night the police saw me doing a big drift from a stop light, making an U-turn. They pulled me over and amaizingly they didn't give me a ticket, but they noted my name and car description including number plates on a list. They did also an alcohool check and all was ok. They let me go and said that next time i'll have my licence taken for 3 months if i try a stunt like that again. I told them i lost control of the car... but it didn't work.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

where's your stash of euros bud?
get em ready under your seat.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rollee' post='292045' date='Jun 3 2006, 09:52 PM
where's your stash of euros bud?
get em ready under your seat.
No thanx. I stopped doing that along time ago. If i'm guilty i might aswell pay the ticket, but our driving code doesn't say anything about drifting....
Old 06-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Members

Amazing how people drag race as if they want to kill you rather than just enjoy the drive .....
Old 06-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Members

My Creeping piece of steel can't stand the race anyway ....... and there are so many cameras here in Melbourne that its criminal !!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AussieBimmer' post='292266' date='Jun 4 2006, 02:56 PM
Amazing how people drag race as if they want to kill you rather than just enjoy the drive .....
Indeed. In a drag race, or race through traffic, the differences between cars (even if it might be quite big) can be minimized by driver. And that's the mix of driving abilities and absolute crazyness. The driver that has the better mix wins despite it might be in the slightly lower performance car. Now i'm a militant for the sheer driving abilities and as little lunacy as possible since i've seen what disasters can happen from vice-versa.
Speaking of wich...in the same night, later on some guy in a E46 coupe with 2 chicks on board, challanged me from nowhere. I decided to smash him even though he got in front of me alot by taking me by surprise when it speedpassed me and cutting my lane awfull. He saw that i had shrinked the gap because of the extra power/torque and seconds later i was right in his ass and i think he saw me. But when i tryied to overtake him on the right lane (1st lane) he didn't check his right mirror and moved into the lane to overtake a slower car in front of him. At that moment i thought a crash was iminent, cuz i already was with the car's nose near his right door and the speed was over 120km/h. I braked as hard as i could trying to avoid him and at the same time trying not to hit the right sidewalk. I was litteraly made a sandwich without him even knowing. I dunno how i managed to use all the milimeters but i got out without a scratch. Then at the stop light he was on his hazard lights and when i pulled over angry on him, he already started to apologize beging for forgivness. I said to him: Man either you are absolutley crazy or just plain stupid...wtf didn't you check your mirror...the accident you almost caused could have been HUGE....bla bla bla then came a ton of excuses, while the chicks were smiling and i bet not even knowing what they have walked away from.
I'm telling you...take some reserves into what you race and who you race...there are alot of crazy drivers out there....or too young and unexperienced....or just plain stupid....or a bit drunk or on drugs +chicks+loud music....yeah good cocktail for a race... :thumbsdown:
Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Nice story.

Kind of makes me wonder how's driving in RO or in EU for that matter as I always heard stories of people doing 150 or so on the road. I do alot of those when I am in Canada and on stright sections but not on the streets with traffic though.

I do agree with UUronL that I rarely use the full performance of my car (as if there's alot in my little 523 ) I buy a bimmer to enjoy the drive as with the price tag of my car I can add a little more to get a GS300 which is faster but the bottom line is it is still a Toyota and nothing more.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='292621' date='Jun 5 2006, 12:00 PM
Nice story.

Kind of makes me wonder how's driving in RO or in EU for that matter as I always heard stories of people doing 150 or so on the road. I do alot of those when I am in Canada and on stright sections but not on the streets with traffic though.

I do agree with UUronL that I rarely use the full performance of my car (as if there's alot in my little 523 ) I buy a bimmer to enjoy the drive as with the price tag of my car I can add a little more to get a GS300 which is faster but the bottom line is it is still a Toyota and nothing more.
Yes man but i'm tellling you as the power of the engine increases the more temptation it is for the driver and the harder you can rezist (at least that's with me). Not necesarely race anyone, but just give it the bees . If i had an M5 i would probably get the worse MPG ever.
And yes, driving here is alot more wild than in the rest of EU, especially at night...but it's 2 places that you can't compare. Germany for instance has the autobahn, and if you want to let it go, you can find a derestricted zone and play. Here the roads are 1000 times worse, with speed limits and yet you still see them speeding like hell. 200km/h in city at night is quite often reached.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='292636' date='Jun 5 2006, 05:51 PM
Yes man but i'm tellling you as the power of the engine increases the more temptation it is for the driver and the harder you can rezist (at least that's with me). Not necesarely race anyone, but just give it the bees . If i had an M5 i would probably get the worse MPG ever.
And yes, driving here is alot more wild than in the rest of EU, especially at night...but it's 2 places that you can't compare. Germany for instance has the autobahn, and if you want to let it go, you can find a derestricted zone and play. Here the roads are 1000 times worse, with speed limits and yet you still see them speeding like hell. 200km/h in city at night is quite often reached.
OMG