E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

fiancee almost dumped me cos of m6 rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by robg520d
Maaan, i arrived at my fiance's 21st suprise birthday party 5 hours late, as it was finishing, cos i had to drive three hours each way to collect a bargain M5 Madeira trim. You gotta get your priorities right, and its gonna be the car every time, hands down!
CLASSIC!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

ooooo Harry Winston...

id settle for a ring pop and a bad car though..

Scott.. ill think about it.. nope
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

If she almost dumped you over rims, you need to run and run far!!!

On another note, I'm glad my wife understands me in regards to the car. She's the one who "suggested" getting rid of the stock ones and getting 166's.... Of course, I did a lot of selling the idea before that actually happened but at least she thinks modding cars are a cool thing....

Good luck and hopefully things work out well...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by BigMike
On another note, I'm glad my wife understands me in regards to the car. She's the one who "suggested" getting rid of the stock ones and getting 166's.... Of course, I did a lot of selling the idea before that actually happened but at least she thinks modding cars are a cool thing....
Better to mod a car than spending it on hookers and blow!

At least for you married guys.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigMike
If she almost dumped you over rims, you need to run and run far!!!

Good luck and hopefully things work out well...

I agree, it is definitely nice to have the support of our significant others regarding modding the car.

I guess my only problem is that my GF wants BBS LM's for her new car so that we can have matching wheels... and of course I would be buying...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Ahahaha! Matching wheels! I hope it doesn't turn into a trend.

My ex picked her car color to match mine, that's the extent of matching for me, lol.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i It's Black on Carbon Black, Aluminum, HUD, CWP, NAV, M-Sport Pkg

Reminds me of a story I once heard. Guy has a real nice COPO Camaro back in the day. Serious muscle; very rare; pride 'n joy and all that. Also had a highschool sweetheart who told him one day "It's me or the car". Buddy sold the car, got married and guess what? He's now on his third wife and damned if he can find another COPO!

Seriously though, your partner has to be, if not supportive, at least understanding. Everyone needs interests & hobbies.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ahahaha! Matching wheels! I hope it doesn't turn into a trend.

My ex picked her car color to match mine, that's the extent of matching for me, lol.
I have the opposite! My wife doesn't like me revving her car because it makes the engine 'sound funny'! its a Mini Cooper S which is designed to be revved!

Women... can't live with them... can't live without them!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i

Originally Posted by turboawd
if you have to hide the fact that you're ordering wheels, thats not a good sign of things to come.

+1000
Old 06-13-2010, 03:35 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

If you can afford it and you are using your earnings, it's none of her business. It's good that she's frugal but she also seems to be a control freak. I'd have let her walk after the blow up. If she never came back, hasta la vista.

Quick Reply: fiancee almost dumped me cos of m6 rims