E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fiancee almost dumped me cos of m6 rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525xi

So i bought my e60 in April i upgraded from an E46 the fiancee was against it from the very beginning and she never loosened her stance on it even after i got it. She's a farm girl one of those types that hates spending money me on the other hand i have always loved bmw's and it was only right that i upgraded to something better than an e46. Anyways so after i got the e60 she said she just about had it with me and if i spend money stupidly again she would cancel our Aug 28th wedding but after looking on this forum saw how fully moded everyones e60 was i figured what da heck its my money so i bought the M6 rep wheels from Superbuytires, they got in today and unfortunately for me she got home before to see four packages on the back door opened them and found some rims in there..That was it for her she flipped da heck out left the house before i got home and wouldnt tell me where she went. I just finally talked her down after she made me promise that no more money is going towards the car. Dang sometimes i miss my bachelor days i buy rims and my buddies and screaming damn dude that's hot now i buy rims and i almost get dumped. lol
Old 06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Grats on the wheels.

My advice to you personally though, is run. Run FAR away from her. If she is this volitile over such trivial things in life as money, your marraige will not last long. Sad but true. Marraige and love are much deeper than money.

Its not like you blew $20,000 on a night in Vegas. You bought wheels for your car which you enjoy.

The writings on the wall, you should find a woman who can understand your passions and share similar qualities with before its too late.

Just my 2 cents, dont take it personally.

Good luck.

Oh, and post pics etc.

EDITED FOR PICS
Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

No smilie for "under the thumb" then!!

You've got it bad dude!! Feel for ya!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Money is the worst and far too common reason for couples to argue...

IMO: if she can't understand that you want to spend some of your hard earned money on something for your beloved car, she's going to have a hard time understanding other expenditures that will come up later. Hopefully you both will learn from this and learn how to compromise, not just surrender (because that is what you are doing, and it's not a healthy behavior for any relationship). Good luck with your engagement and wedding..hope everything goes well...
Old 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Pssh, I'm just upset you didn't buy it from a supporting vendor. Just keep this in mind, she'll make you rich one day.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

If she flips out now imagine when you guys are married trying to order some euro stickers from Phi
Old 06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Members

That sux man... Can you really afford this car stuff though? Are you guys struggling with basic bills and such? If so then i can understand her "passion" about not spending money. But if you guys are all set and have enough income to play with, then she might be a bit controlling and unreasonable. Although if you are the breadwinner by far, then you should be able to do whatever you want as long as the rent is paid and the utilitys stay on.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

+1.

Originally Posted by Kryptus
That sux man... Can you really afford this car stuff though? Are you guys struggling with basic bills and such? If so then i can understand her "passion" about not spending money. But if you guys are all set and have enough income to play with, then she might be a bit controlling and unreasonable. Although if you are the breadwinner by far, then you should be able to do whatever you want as long as the rent is paid and the utilitys stay on.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

unless you're head-over-heals in credit card bills, you should be free to spend money how you want. I'd definitely run the other way too if my GF or fiance is this controlling over MY money. imagine after you're married and she now feels that you're spending HER money. kinda need to put her in her place now; otherwise she'll be walking all over you for the next 50 years.

congrats on the wheels though. great choice on the M6 wheels
Old 06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Members

RUN Dude RUN far away.

Quick Reply: fiancee almost dumped me cos of m6 rims