E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ever tire of staring at your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by zxyworld
Same here. I've owned the car for almost 2 years and i keep thinking that the feeling is going to fade away and i'll lose interest a little but its still there. I usually drive my wife's car on the weekends and i honestly look forward to Monday morning because i get a chance to drive my car again.

The looks are incredible too. I don't think the car screams "look at me" but if you look around at every other car on the road for even a minute you'll see the E60 design has a timeless quality. It always looks new without looking too new or trendy. I hope i'll feel the same way about the F10 after i've had time to digest it, but i'm not sold yet. The E60 wasn't really my favorite until it started to age a little and then you could tell that the design had a lasting quality to it that is a hard thing to come by in the overly conservative world car design (for large-scale production anyway).

I will miss Bangle.
+1 very well said. I drive my 5 just on the weekends. This way i won't get tired of the car in a long while and I intend to keep it for as long as i can. I always look forward to driving it as soon as i get off work on fridays!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Man, theres nothing better than getting up at 5am, dragging yourself out of bed, over to the window, and seeing your gorgeous black e60, covered in frost, whispering, "Come on baby, get ready, and come give me a thrashing!" Actually now i'm confused, was that the missus that said that, or the car?

I've only had it 2 months, so its always frosted over, can't wait til it gets sunny, and i get to see her all gleaming in a mornin.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by Krozi
Well your the only one that does that....

No haha J/K We all do the same
Once you get some mods on the car and you install them yourself you will admire the car even more and think "that car looks so damn sexy, and I installed those mods myself"
For me, working on/with cars is one of the most rewarding things ever.
+100000

couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Members

Reading all the reviews all over the web bashing Chris Bangle - i think it is totally unwarranted. The fact that the E60 is the best selling 5 series of all time is a start. And honestly, despite the impending release of the F10, i still feel my '05 530 will still look fresh for another 10 years. In the past, the only real reason i ever changed my cars is because after a few years it looked outdated - especially when the next generation was released. I don't forsee that being a problem with our E60's and the fact that there are no drastic changes from the E60 to the F10 is a testament to Bangle's vision which in my mind, timeless.

Design aside - i just wanted to say that it is such a pleasure to drive an E60. I have driven my fathers 3 series and i have driven other luxury vehicles - but the E60 is so incredibly smooth and responsive and i never truly enjoyed driving until now. Before, i just wanted something to get me from point A to B, or even when i owned sportscars it was all about the looks. But the E60 has introduced me to a whole new world - that driving can be a real experience instead of just a chore. When i used to read the ads about BMW's being the "Ultimate Driving Machine" i figured it was more marketing rhetoric, and that it was the same as any other car in its class. But there is a difference, and i'm glad i chose my E60 instead of the Mercedes C63 or the Lexus IS350 i was planning to get. I'm looking forward to my F10 in a few years!