E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ever tire of staring at your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my E60 for a couple of months now, and no fail - before i go to work, or when i get home after a long day at work, i stop to admire my E60.

It's bone stock - i've been planning to jazz it up now that i've had plenty of ideas from the forums... but to be honest, as i stared at my ride today i realized that i don't even need to modify it. I've never had a car in my life that i didn't want to modify in some shape or form. It's refreshing to own a car that looks superb right out of the box.

I thought i'd get over it after a few weeks... but i'm still awestruck that God has blessed me with such a beautiful ride...

Just thought i'd share my thoughts...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Well your the only one that does that....

No haha J/K We all do the same
Once you get some mods on the car and you install them yourself you will admire the car even more and think "that car looks so damn sexy, and I installed those mods myself"
For me, working on/with cars is one of the most rewarding things ever.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by Krozi

Once you get some mods on the car and you install them yourself you will admire the car even more and think "that car looks so damn sexy, and I installed those mods myself"
+1000 on that krozi is so right
Old 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car so much. I loved mine stock as well, but over time added a few little things. Either way, it's a great car.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

It never ends. I'm still doing that after a year and a half of ownership. I think it's to remind myself how truly lucky I am to be able to afford driving one.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
It never ends. I'm still doing that after a year and a half of ownership. I think it's to remind myself how truly lucky I am to be able to afford driving one.
Same with me. I've had my 530xi since July 2005. Every day I drive it I just can't believe how much fun it is to drive. I really have to restrain myself on the public roads from having too much fun.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Never gets old.

Yesterday I got to the office around 9:3am and from one of our conference rooms on the 5th floor, you can easily see my car in the parking lot. I guess when I was walking away I turned to look back at it and one of my buddies happened to be in a meeting on the 5th floor and 'caught' me looking back at my car. Of course I felt dorky when he busted me out but then he admitted he does the same all the time - friggin guy has a Maserati!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i. titanium grey, cold, premium, 6k headlights, V2 angle eyes, full LED interiors, LED licence plate lights, LED smoke side markers, LCI euro tail lights.

I purchased my E60 about six weeks ago and they are truly beautiful machines. I?ve started to mod it out, just some lighting changes for now, new wheels in the future maybe. I guess my point is and I have to agree that they are great cars as is and I?m very lucky to own one.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

5 yrs for me

Originally Posted by twh
Same with me. I've had my 530xi since July 2005. Every day I drive it I just can't believe how much fun it is to drive. I really have to restrain myself on the public roads from having too much fun.
Sometimes I just couldn't restrain the little ponies . I just have to constantly remind myself all the hassle of doing online traffic class and paying the fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Krozi

Absolutely. Now i don't know exactly what i'll have the courage to do myself, particularly when it comes to the engine and electronics, but with all the great DIY and support here, it definitely eases the apprehension of me toying the car. As you said, at the end of the day, its rewarding to see the end result!

Originally Posted by CWS530
Glad to hear you are enjoying the car so much. I loved mine stock as well, but over time added a few little things. Either way, it's a great car.

Well i have to concede, as much as the car looks great stock - spending an inordinate amount of time on the forums will inevitably result in being bitten by the mod bug. There are just too many possibilties to do to the car, and not everything is prohibitively expensive to do. I suppose its nice to add a personal touch to make it feel like its truly your own...

Glad to know that i'm not alone in my incessant admiration! I was always fortunate to drive decent asian cars, but driving a full fledged luxury German sport sedan is totally exhilarating and it feels completely different - psychologically and physically. My dad was shocked when i bought it - he bought his first Bimmer well into his forties, and i bought my 530i for my 30th Birthday - fittingly appropriate i believe! It was a stretch on the budget, and in retrospect i should have perhaps waited a few years for another bump in pay - but when you get so close to something, sometimes you just push for it! Once upon a time, i used to walk or take public transportation - and now here i am cruising in something i never thought i'd be this fortunate to drive at this stage of my life...

Originally Posted by twh
As i mentioned, i always had a host of asian coupe sports cars, and they were fun in their own way and inexpensive to modify. But my E60 is so responsive and nimble whether i'm weaving through traffic, cruising down a long stretch of country road, it really gives you a whole new perspective on driving. I don't think i'd be able to drive anything "lesser" ever again!

Originally Posted by olskooldj
Never gets old.

Yesterday I got to the office around 9:3am and from one of our conference rooms on the 5th floor, you can easily see my car in the parking lot. I guess when I was walking away I turned to look back at it and one of my buddies happened to be in a meeting on the 5th floor and 'caught' me looking back at my car. Of course I felt dorky when he busted me out but then he admitted he does the same all the time - friggin guy has a Maserati!
I've been busted many times as well, and i felt a little dorky myself. But when i remind myself of the days when i had to walk or use public transport, then i realize "Why not? There's nothing wrong with admiring what you've been working hard your whole life for!"

Quick Reply: Ever tire of staring at your E60?