E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyday on Good Friday weekend is good for me. But the Saturday is a working day for Russo. BTW, just noticed your signature, congratulations and welcome :-)
Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='401109' date='Mar 10 2007, 11:14 PM
Anyday on Good Friday weekend is good for me. But the Saturday is a working day for Russo. BTW, just noticed your signature, congratulations and welcome :-)

Thanks been way too long. My bank manager wasn't too pleased with that purchase... Tategoi is right, Sunday would be best for me. But not the Good friday sunday coz I'll be fishing in Kuching.

Ed, forget church and hit the road la. Don't think the cops would expect us on a Good friday so we can have a smooth run. Hopefully your wife doesn't read this!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='401155' date='Mar 11 2007, 01:33 AM
My bank manager wasn't too pleased with that purchase...
Screw the guy!!! Bankers all the same; not happy if u don't buy new 'cause they don't make too much in terms of interest.

Anyway, if Good Friday is good for you guys, its fine by me; I'll come up with the excuses...
Old 03-11-2007, 09:24 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='401498' date='Mar 12 2007, 01:14 AM
Screw the guy!!! Bankers all the same; not happy if u don't buy new 'cause they don't make too much in terms of interest.

Anyway, if Good Friday is good for you guys, its fine by me; I'll come up with the excuses...
ed, i thot russo was referring to his "finance minister"! hehehe!
russo, welcome to the club!

a good drive up north is nice.. darn my ride is getting tired with tyres needing change soon and brakes pad with 4k km to go... i have an old and tired e60 ..sigh!
PDC just went kaput today! hey anyone know what could be the cause for dead PDC?

tate, any Taiwan magazine to pass?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='401503' date='Mar 12 2007, 01:24 AM
tate, any Taiwan magazine to pass?
I got the March issue for you. Good stuffs inside
Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='401503' date='Mar 12 2007, 01:24 AM
PDC just went kaput today! hey anyone know what could be the cause for dead PDC?
Hi Zag. Thats my main worry about keeping the car after warranty expires. I'm sure you know of Zig's X'mas present; right after the expiry of his warranty!!! A blink of the eye and I've driven my ride for almost 2.5 years. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and keep it since the used car market is so bad. Why don't you bring it down to J4C? Maybe just a burnt fuse or something like that.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='401773' date='Mar 12 2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Zag. Thats my main worry about keeping the car after warranty expires. I'm sure you know of Zig's X'mas present; right after the expiry of his warranty!!! A blink of the eye and I've driven my ride for almost 2.5 years. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and keep it since the used car market is so bad. Why don't you bring it down to J4C? Maybe just a burnt fuse or something like that.

True! I am have been itching to move on but there aren't any out there that can replace the good ole 5. really!
Talked about residual value.. with new facelift and engine coming up.. my current car value is close to dirt soon. And niche series of higher engine cc almost take the most beating first three years. Repair cost would probably lower than new car depreciation i suppose.

The PDC went dead due to one of the front sensor failure. couple of hundred bucks to replace it. Need to paint some more. Darn lece!

tate, when can pass the mag? this saturday?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Members

Edlee / Zaq,

I am very tempted to replace my E60 520i with the E92 325Ci but PML give very limited option. I want idrive and active steering but they told me cannot. Only idrive and sat nav with the lux package. Not sure whether they bringing in 323Ci and those I saw in Australia do not have idrive. Any advice? Test drove the 325ci and finds it very nimble and quick and very easy to manuevre due to smaller size compared to E60. After drivng E60 520i for 3 years now, finds it quite a drag as not enough power. Also, thinking of chaning to one of the Japs fast cars like G35 infiniti, or Lexus IS250 or Honda Civic Type R or Masda RX8 as they are much more cost effective than a BMW. Heard the new Merc V6 E230 with 7 auto gears is quite good too - anyone test driven it?

Originally Posted by zag' post='402501' date='Mar 13 2007, 09:59 PM
True! I am have been itching to move on but there aren't any out there that can replace the good ole 5. really!
Talked about residual value.. with new facelift and engine coming up.. my current car value is close to dirt soon. And niche series of higher engine cc almost take the most beating first three years. Repair cost would probably lower than new car depreciation i suppose.

The PDC went dead due to one of the front sensor failure. couple of hundred bucks to replace it. Need to paint some more. Darn lece!

tate, when can pass the mag? this saturday?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

Hmmm, KSK, bitten by the BUG? Have you tried the GTI? It drives quite well and for that kinda money, it gives good value. Jap cars are good and cheap, but I don't think they offer as much protection to the occupants if and when the unspeakable happens. I hear the Passat has now got a turbo version too. Maybe worth a look this weekend when VW Sgp finally opens its doors. Another brand worth considering is the Audi, but I think its just an overpriced VW.

Speaking of Merc, you may wanna wait for the new C class. Should be quite a car compared to the current one.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Members

Hi Edlee,

Many thanks for your comments. VW GTI is in my mind as well but I like the E92 shape very much. GTi is a great car no doubt with great handling and very zippy too. Agree audi is overpriced VW and also no much cheaper than BMW - so between Audi and BMW, I rather stick to bimmer. Merc C class I read the C230 V6 with 7-Gtronic is quite good. Will wait for it to come in later this year.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='403026' date='Mar 15 2007, 07:44 AM
Hmmm, KSK, bitten by the BUG? Have you tried the GTI? It drives quite well and for that kinda money, it gives good value. Jap cars are good and cheap, but I don't think they offer as much protection to the occupants if and when the unspeakable happens. I hear the Passat has now got a turbo version too. Maybe worth a look this weekend when VW Sgp finally opens its doors. Another brand worth considering is the Audi, but I think its just an overpriced VW.

Speaking of Merc, you may wanna wait for the new C class. Should be quite a car compared to the current one.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans