E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B_73_M' post='328972' date='Aug 31 2006, 10:32 AM
TP needs fast cheap cars. I wonder why the TP-GOVT Owned-Tax Free-Near Zero Profit, never ask BMW Asia to offer them M3. I dun mind joining Traffic Police force...
The tender wasn't a fair one.

BMW wanted to sell them 4 cylinder 2 litre E90/320 at 150bhp/200Nm, 0-100km/h in 9.7secs.

MotorImage teased them with 2.5 litre WRX at 230bhp/320Nm, 0-100km/h in 6.2 secs..at a lower price....
But wonder why they don't get the 280bhp/392Nm STi...

But if wanna join TP... try Italy where the TP drives Lambo....
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

put ABS/DSC/AFS to all out emergency work this rainy morning...location lornie road flyover towards upper thomson at the bent..

after figthing a bumper to bumper traffic towards Adam/Farrer... i have to turn back coz wife left her keys in the back seat. The opposite direction road was clear all the way so i kept some speed as i approached the flyover. still clear but the wet tarmac hinted at me not to push it hard this morning.
Though clear road ahead with zero car in sight..... at the approach to the bent... lo and behold a car has spun and stuck straddle over left lane and a few cars were held up... SHIIIIIIT! less than 100 meters at bent area at some speed. Shitttt!
Slam the brake hard.... and the abs went to work ... "shudders" after "shudders" after "shudders" and after "shudders" that seemed endless and I am still going with no sign of coming to halt.. my steering is at about 11 o'clock.. saw opening on the left lane a distance away where the spun car was at. I steered left a little bit and to my amazement the car is responding to the steer direction and at the same time i found the much needed grips and i ground to a halt 2 car length away. Phew!

In retrospect I observed the followings... AFS tightened up the steering wheel; in moment of panic... i didn't do what ADT taught me on slamming the brake pedal with all might but i did apply gradually increase force on the pedal.; don't forget to steer for the fear of skidding. The number of ABS shudders felt was in proportion to wheel locks at bent vs. on straight. I found this out today. No I didn't have time to even push the step to M to command engine braking!

Anyway close call!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Members

Haha.. imagine having a 2L TP bmw.. they cant do much work other than using their laser gun and hide in the bushes or OVERhead bridges again! They should train to become spies instead.

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='329008' date='Aug 31 2006, 12:03 PM
The tender wasn't a fair one.

BMW wanted to sell them 4 cylinder 2 litre E90/320 at 150bhp/200Nm, 0-100km/h in 9.7secs.

MotorImage teased them with 2.5 litre WRX at 230bhp/320Nm, 0-100km/h in 6.2 secs..at a lower price....
But wonder why they don't get the 280bhp/392Nm STi...

But if wanna join TP... try Italy where the TP drives Lambo....
Old 08-31-2006, 12:45 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='328932' date='Aug 31 2006, 08:32 AM
hahah..yeap at 370K that is a number i would consider the "pull"
200k on 335i is defintely a good proposition... however first turbo engine from bimmer and pml and PI cars.. this equation is rather complicated to deduce.
any of you guys on serious nego dun forget to chime for a group buy!
ok, i opt for 335 if they give me a 100% loan package.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by B_73_M' post='329038' date='Aug 31 2006, 02:38 PM
Haha.. imagine having a 2L TP bmw.. they cant do much work other than using their laser gun and hide in the bushes or OVERhead bridges again! They should train to become spies instead.
A 2L TP BMW is good enough to catch most of the vehicles in Singapore. I think their decision was based fully on costs.

With so many more cars on the road these days, most fast cars will not be able to go too fast either. Besides with so many TPs armed with high resolution video and lasers, they don't really need to stop the car to issue a ticket, right?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:57 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='329037' date='Aug 31 2006, 02:36 PM
put ABS/DSC/AFS to all out emergency work this rainy morning...location lornie road flyover towards upper thomson at the bent..

after figthing a bumper to bumper traffic towards Adam/Farrer... i have to turn back coz wife left her keys in the back seat. The opposite direction road was clear all the way so i kept some speed as i approached the flyover. still clear but the wet tarmac hinted at me not to push it hard this morning.
Though clear road ahead with zero car in sight..... at the approach to the bent... lo and behold a car has spun and stuck straddle over left lane and a few cars were held up... SHIIIIIIT! less than 100 meters at bent area at some speed. Shitttt!
Slam the brake hard.... and the abs went to work ... "shudders" after "shudders" after "shudders" and after "shudders" that seemed endless and I am still going with no sign of coming to halt.. my steering is at about 11 o'clock.. saw opening on the left lane a distance away where the spun car was at. I steered left a little bit and to my amazement the car is responding to the steer direction and at the same time i found the much needed grips and i ground to a halt 2 car length away. Phew!

In retrospect I observed the followings... AFS tightened up the steering wheel; in moment of panic... i didn't do what ADT taught me on slamming the brake pedal with all might but i did apply gradually increase force on the pedal.; don't forget to steer for the fear of skidding. The number of ABS shudders felt was in proportion to wheel locks at bent vs. on straight. I found this out today. No I didn't have time to even push the step to M to command engine braking!

Anyway close call!
Zag,

i had the same experience with you at the same spot same bend.
i was travelling to work from lornie to tagore.
raining...wet.
on my 7er that day, no traffic, travel at about 100km/h.
came to the bend, same, steering at 11 o'clock. traffic clear, suddenly i saw an umbrella. BRAKES...felt the ABS. slam the brakes when i saw a car already spun and stop on the right lane!!!
like u said, everything the electronics can do to stop the car...at last i am maybe 5 ft in front of the spun car. immediately make sure no cars behind me and drive slowly to the left.
the driver of the other car is still inside, stunned... apparently, he had just spun out of control before me.
came out and shouted at him to get out of the car as it is too dangerous for oncoming traffic.
called the police immdiately.

till now, i am still thinking why is there an umbrella before the car????
GOD blessed!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:16 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='329037' date='Aug 31 2006, 02:36 PM

Anyway close call!
Witnessed a near accident yesterday night at the Merchant Rd/Eu Tong Sen. A car did a very slow U-turn to to Eu Tong Sen despite loud horns from oncoming cars. One of them is a huge & long 2 carriage SBS bus that came with its wheels locked, screeching until the bus swerved to the U-turn car's left. Luckily the bus was quite empty but still some passengers were thrown out of their seats. I hope no one was injured. There was no physical impact between any cars and the U-turn car left the scene. I really hope the bus driver got hold of its license plate and file a report with the TP about this car's dangerous driving!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Zig
Senior Members

At a traffic light junction minutes away from my home last night, with no cars around, wet road and about to do a right turn, I turned off DSC & DTC to experience the thrill of some wheel spin/drift. To make sure my wheel spins, I switched to manual at gear 1. I had my small part of fun but to my shocking surprise, there was 2 police patrol cars parked by the side of the road after the turn, with 6 to 10 policemen on the pathment, apparently holding and questioning a group of Bangladeshi. One of the policeman stared at me as I drove my car slooooowly pass him. Sigh... I'll have to start checking the TP website in the next few days liao....
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='329077' date='Aug 31 2006, 04:57 PM
Zag,

i had the same experience with you at the same spot same bend.
i was travelling to work from lornie to tagore.
raining...wet.
on my 7er that day, no traffic, travel at about 100km/h.
came to the bend, same, steering at 11 o'clock. traffic clear, suddenly i saw an umbrella. BRAKES...felt the ABS. slam the brakes when i saw a car already spun and stop on the right lane!!!
like u said, everything the electronics can do to stop the car...at last i am maybe 5 ft in front of the spun car. immediately make sure no cars behind me and drive slowly to the left.
the driver of the other car is still inside, stunned... apparently, he had just spun out of control before me.
came out and shouted at him to get out of the car as it is too dangerous for oncoming traffic.
called the police immdiately.

till now, i am still thinking why is there an umbrella before the car????
GOD blessed!
wow.. you are the second person who told me about bimmer ABS/DCS saving the day for them. now there are three!

the instance after making the U turn along Lornie section believe it or not i had a premonition... but i told myself ..well the road is clear rather than slippery and i just shrugged it off but i held on to "reasonable speed". The duration of the ABS action and amount of runway i had left plus the fact it is a bent was nerve wrecking. I think the DCS and ABS and most of all PILOT SPORT PS2 makes the difference. The pilot has 20k km clock on them so it is no longer optimum but still. Phew!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:06 AM
Members

It looks like everybody's had their fair share of 'fun' today.... really wet.....nice day to sleep in....... with at least two hot babes........ hahahaha

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans