E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='315743' date='Jul 27 2006, 09:01 AM
Greg,

I mentioned the same problem in this forum before regarding my business partner E60 523. Something is obviously wrong. He had to top up engine oil 3 times basically after every 3km. PML gave the same stupid excuse but finally admitted something is wrong and decide to change some components in his engine. They gave him a loan car for 3 weeks while waiting for the part to arrive.

You certainly have a case and should make sure PML rectified the problem.
Well, my ride isn't as bad as this.... but I will sound this out again...... thanks.....
Old 07-27-2006, 06:24 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by GuruGreg' post='315642' date='Jul 27 2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome......

Well, honestly, I have modded the baby a little..... rims, sway bars, M steering wheel with paddles, ACS side skirts.... and I think tint.... that's about it..... oh.... and of course, the infamous Throttle Body Device......

Thinking of changing to PSS9 and steel braided brake lines....... and then maybe the brakes itself.... but that be later..... oh... and add Bluetooth.....

Yah, I think that's about it..... oh.... and M Aero kit.......

Think that's it for now.......

I did ask about the Wing Flaps before but I don't think they will fit my car......its just too wingy and too flappy........
welcome Greg!

we are a bunch of nasty people here, we will make you spend more money on mods in your ride.
if you don't, we will be angry.

And if you do, you have to join our clubfirst.
By being our member, you need to share with us what have you modded.
It is mandatory to lend us all the mods you have done in your ride and become our taxi driver to give rides to us to show your mods.

then we will dismantle the mod in your ride and fit in our rides. if it pass our acceptance, ok. if not, it will be confiscated.

Being a new comer, you need to learn. First of all, you cannot reject mods like wing flaps etc. If not, you will not be loved by our gang.

my advise to you is to install the wing flaps early, because going over to bugabooinc, a man call BZSAB will sting. so fly Dude!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='315761' date='Jul 27 2006, 09:24 AM
welcome Greg!

we are a bunch of nasty people here, we will make you spend more money on mods in your ride.

It is mandatory to lend us all the mods you have done in your ride and become our taxi driver to give rides to us to show your mods.

then we will dismantle the mod in your ride and fit in our rides. if it pass our acceptance, ok. if not, it will be confiscated.

Being a new comer, you need to learn. First of all, you cannot reject mods like wing flaps etc. If not, you will not be loved by our gang.

my advise to you is to install the wing flaps early, because going over to bugabooinc, a man call BZSAB will sting. so fly Dude!
Oh no..... what have I gotten myself into???
Old 07-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='315761' date='Jul 27 2006, 10:24 PM
welcome Greg!

and u have to let members rape your ride.. hahah
Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

guys... check out http://bugabooinc.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.0

why don't we organize an e60 convoy down to support children cancer foundation? lead by our big bro ed!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='315251' date='Jul 26 2006, 08:47 AM
I'm 100% sure Wilson will be able to quote you. Another guy, SOC FANS should also have the ctc. He quoted me the last time I enquired. Why not try him? He's in SIN at this moment.
Zag, pls let me know if the CIP 21 cures the gear hanging onto 1st for too long. Very irritating.
Zag, the quote that i gave Edlee last time was 8 piston front & 4 piston rear. I'm not sure if Brembo has 6 piston for E60 though.

Anyway Edlee, i saw a Grey E63 with full m6 bodykit and an aftermarket rims in Mt elizabeth a few days ago. I thought it was an M6 until i saw there wasn't any M emblem on the side fender & also the brakes. Maybe just a 630i.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:50 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='315767' date='Jul 27 2006, 10:33 PM
and u have to let members rape your ride.. hahah
understatement.....rape is a MUST!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by GuruGreg' post='315757' date='Jul 27 2006, 10:22 PM
Yes, the paddle shifts are a nice feature but only use it for 'fun', list testing it out.... don't really use it for normal driving...... Why I changed the steering wheel is for the thickness of grip of the M one over the sports steering wheel...... Compliments of Wilman..... well, it wasn't free nor was it cheap......

GPS comes standard with my car..... its alright.... don't use it 90% of the time... I think the garmin one is friendlier to use..... but maybe that's just me.....

Have adaptive lights but don't really see the advantage of it in Singapore.....
Welcome GuruGreg!

My biggest complain with the E60 is with its retarded downshifts whenever I slam on the gas pedal, especially in Drive mode. My ride reacts in slightly more than 1 sec. :thumbsdown:
Can your paddles do better and can you shift while in Drive mode?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='315743' date='Jul 27 2006, 09:01 AM
Greg,

I mentioned the same problem in this forum before regarding my business partner E60 523. Something is obviously wrong. He had to top up engine oil 3 times basically after every 3km. PML gave the same stupid excuse but finally admitted something is wrong and decide to change some components in his engine. They gave him a loan car for 3 weeks while waiting for the part to arrive.

You certainly have a case and should make sure PML rectified the problem.
Hi tcc39,

Any chance you could find out what PML did to your partner's car? With this info, I can approach PML to ask them to do something..... thanks.... this problem is really bugging me....
Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='315756' date='Jul 27 2006, 10:19 PM
Try driving an M. The bloody thing not only drinks petrol, it sucks oil for supper too!!!
What about beers for dessert Mine seems to drain them pretty fast

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans