E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='296402' date='Jun 12 2006, 11:41 PM
Besides changing the door panel, the rear fender will be replaced. They will have to CUT the old piece out and replace with a new one
Tcc,
Went to PML to pick up my ride. Sadly, they didn't manage to smoothen the door panel and I can still spot minor imperfection. According to PML, they claimed that the dent remover guy dare not knock from the outside to improve the uneven area fearing the paint is still soft. They suggest I bring back in a month's time when the paint is fully set in.

I asked if it is related to paint quality and they claimed it's the panel, and they are cofident that the dent remover guy can further improve the situation. Will see but unless one scrutinize it very carefully, it's hardly noticeable and I am ok to accept it as it is. But since Stanley insisted that I give him the opportunity to correct the imperfection, at no extra cost, so that he is fully satisfied. I respected his attitude. Good guy indeed.

Oh, saw your ride on the 2nd floor being dismembered from the back. They have already cut off the damaged panel and a guy was busy knocking out the inner panel. I managed to snap a pic of your ride, undressed from the rear! If you have a strong heart, I can email to you.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='296885' date='Jun 13 2006, 09:23 PM
Tcc,
Went to PML to pick up my ride. Sadly, they didn't manage to smoothen the door panel and I can still spot minor imperfection. According to PML, they claimed that the dent remover guy dare not knock from the outside to improve the uneven area fearing the paint is still soft. They suggest I bring back in a month's time when the paint is fully set in.

I asked if it is related to paint quality and they claimed it's the panel, and they are cofident that the dent remover guy can further improve the situation. Will see but unless one scrutinize it very carefully, it's hardly noticeable and I am ok to accept it as it is. But since Stanley insisted that I give him the opportunity to correct the imperfection, at no extra cost, so that he is fully satisfied. I respected his attitude. Good guy indeed.

Oh, saw your ride on the 2nd floor being dismembered from the back. They have already cut off the damaged panel and a guy was busy knocking out the inner panel. I managed to snap a pic of your ride, undressed from the rear! If you have a strong heart, I can email to you.
Fireplace,

Hahaha, I was at PML at around 12.30p.m to collect my remote control of my house gate (forgotten to take it out yesterday). Had took a snap of my ride before the surgery Already it looks bad enough. I don't mind to keep a copy of the picture during surgery for the record.

Asked Stanley about your ride and he told me you have yet to collect it. Thought of inspecting for you but in end feel Paiseh because I don't know the your reg. no. and afraid being asked " how come you don't even know your good friend ride? ..hehehehe.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

just got my car groomed by russo. Must say, his work is really good. quite happy with it. thanks bro.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Members

got my ride back.they say changed ecu for me and did software update.says mine is the ever first case with ecu probs then i questioned how come they have stock ecu ready.
initially they said wont be ready until tomo 4pm then they called and says its ready they managed to do it today.

so im not really sure what been done or is it really done or nothing.

daily driving around sg not enough to test the car out.

i wont know until i push my car hard and that is not possible in sg road looks like i will be going up north to whack it again.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='296921' date='Jun 13 2006, 10:33 PM
just got my car groomed by russo. Must say, his work is really good. quite happy with it. thanks bro.

Pleasure was all mine bro.

I'll see you soon when ah long can do up your rims. Oh and I'll leave the handset in the office tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by 1628' post='296934' date='Jun 13 2006, 11:03 PM
got my ride back.they say changed ecu for me and did software update.says mine is the ever first case with ecu probs then i questioned how come they have stock ecu ready.
initially they said wont be ready until tomo 4pm then they called and says its ready they managed to do it today.

so im not really sure what been done or is it really done or nothing.

daily driving around sg not enough to test the car out.

i wont know until i push my car hard and that is not possible in sg road looks like i will be going up north to whack it again.

When they said they changed it means they did change it. PML always have these ECUs in stock as part of their inventory. They have to according to agent requirements.

Actually its a simple process. Remove the ECU, plug in a new one and do a coding according to your chassis number and its done. Probably takes about an hour or so. Then the foreman will go out test drive. After that plug in diagnositic and if no faults in the ECU, they'll release the car which they did.

Yeah, looks like you got to make it next time to the chicken rice balls.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='296832' date='Jun 13 2006, 05:58 PM
Q. How do I unlock to a second compatible Garmin unit I own what I have unlocked to one compatible Garmin I own?
A. Please find your Customer Code for the unlock system (depending on what you owned first, it will be an original 8 digit coupon code that you used to get a 25 digit unlock code or a 7 digit registration code that came with a unit and a particular software product). Please see "What is the difference between a 7 digit unlock registration code and an 8 digit original coupon code?"
After locating your Garmin Customer Code, complete the following steps:
Open MapSource.
Open the Unlock Wizard (either with CTRL + U or under "Utilities/Unlock Maps"). Click "Next".
Choose "No, I need to get a 25-character unlock code". Click "Next".
Enter your information and choose your emailing options. Click "Next".
Click "Next" for the UnlockWizard to connect to the Internet. Note - If you are using AOL, MSN, ATT WorldNet, or a similar Internet Service Provider, you will need to start the service before clicking "Next".
Enter your Garmin Customer Code (the 7 or 8 digit code). Click "Next".
Verify the information that appears. Click "Next".
Choose the option: "Unlock Additional Garmin Unit". Click "Next".
Select an option to identify the Garmin unit for which you are unlocking maps. Click "Next".
If manually entering serial number, enter it now, click "Next", and see below for further instructions.
If connecting unit to get the Internal Unit ID number, follow prompts, and see below for further instructions.
After providing serial or Internal Unit ID number, You will be asked what product and/or region you want to unlock to this second unit. Continue to follow the prompts from there to install the code into your MapSource.
33, Is this a reply from Garmin? If so, then you are rite to say that one genuine map can be used for 2 nuvis! Wanna split one?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='297169' date='Jun 14 2006, 09:27 AM
33, Is this a reply from Garmin? If so, then you are rite to say that one genuine map can be used for 2 nuvis! Wanna split one?
Yeah, this was taken from the Garmin website... cos it assume some people have 2 Garmin devices but should only really be buying 1 license...
Old 06-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='297190' date='Jun 14 2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, this was taken from the Garmin website... cos it assume some people have 2 Garmin devices but should only really be buying 1 license...
33, if we do buy license, do you know if future updates are free? It will be extremely expensive if we have to purchase maps (@ S$400+ a pop) everytime there is an update!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='297199' date='Jun 14 2006, 12:52 PM
33, if we do buy license, do you know if future updates are free? It will be extremely expensive if we have to purchase maps (@ S$400+ a pop) everytime there is an update!
I think there are 1 or 2 free updates that came with the new "Boxed" City Navigator Maps... there after, you have to pay abit for upgrades... Prof Lmk can reconfirm....

I really just want to have street search and if possible, HDB blocks on the Nuvi and it would be PERFECT!

My Traffic Camera didn't give any warnings (visual or voice)... something wrong with the settings or the way I uploaded the POI?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans