E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you set the jumper to standby in the power supply?
if not, the power supply will think that you need power all the while and thus high drainage of current.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='236033' date='Feb 7 2006, 12:33 AM
if not, the power supply will think that you need power all the while and thus high drainage of current.
without setting the jumper( J1 - 5/6), the power to the Mac would be off when the engine is off. The jumper needs to be jumped to enable standby(sleep) mode. The default is off for that jumper. By the way, I am using CNX-P1900.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='235158' date='Feb 5 2006, 10:43 AM
arghh! version 20 is sluggish and i wonder if they screwed my other "stuff" (from UK) too!

RPA does work....
Got a nail in my tyre this morning and RPA in the idrive prompted "tyre puncture". Didn't have a pressure gage in my car so couldn't tell which tyre is in trouble. All tyres still look pretty good in pressure. So went to petrol stn and filled all tyres up and see which one will be taking in more air. RPA is good and can be better if it can narrow down to the exact failing tyre.

The chap at the tyre shop pulled out a nail from the left rear tyre, the nail set right at the edge, a precarious position for repair so he warned. If he really split the tyre during repair, where in sg i can get another 285/19 Michelin PS2 right away? This get me thinking if the next set of tyres will still be the hard to get PS2!??
Hi Zag, saw you on the road the other day, sorry couldn't stop to say hi!
I got a bad knick on my left rear, my wife scraped the curb 2 days after I got my new tyres, damn sian.
Sent my car in to PML for a once over this morning prior to the track day on Feb10, oil change, change brake pads etc. Forgot to tell them not to upgrade the CIP to v20, I think they won't since it's a rush job, getting back the car later today.

As for the tyre, try Hurry (64663776) or Knight (96719998) , I've got a 275/18 reserved at Hurry to replace my left rear, going tomorrow for a check to see if it needs replacement.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='236033
I am hitting 40k now and the computer had prompted me to have my oil and filter changed. I am sending it to PML next week, so I am getting v20? Darn. 520 already so sluggish, I don't need that version to slow me down further.

To test if your Active Steering is working, turn your steering wheel at stationary, if you need more than 3/4 turn to hit the limit each way, then your AS is really konked out. But a restart of engine should cure that problem. It happened to me a few times before the 1st month anniversary, but after the red eggs no more AS faults.
Try this: On the key to the position just before the engine starts (don't crank it though) for 10 seconds. Then off it for 10 seconds. Start the car. I feel the difference and I am sure it is not psychological. I don't drive aggressively; so after a while I get this "pull back" effect sometimes when I want to accelerate. After this excercise, the problem will be gone for a while until the car learns my lazy way of driving again.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='235694
I am sending it to PML next week, so I am getting v20? Darn. 520 already so sluggish, I don't need that version to slow me down further.
Tategoi, my friend Sam had his ride upgraded to ver 20 lasr week. His ride was actually too sluggish prior to that. It was so bad that his wife called PML and gave them a piece of her mind. Anyway, they xeem much happier after the upgrade. Don't worry too much.

[/quote]

Yes, but it's only temporary. It will come back. It's like what LMK said, the car learns. So to get it not to do that, the driver has to be aggressive. Or, do the reset every now and then...
Old 02-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='235148
anyone running with CIP version 20? pml reved up my ride during the last workshop visit and frigging retard feeling is back... so pissed!
Hi Zag,
Mine was upgraded to version 20 when they reset my remote key and seat memory faults a few weeks back. Immediately I feel my ride a little sluggish on pick up, especially on normal D mode. I remember the pick up was swifter before the upgrade.

Has anyone encounter this problem? All of a sudden, a message pop up saying Active Steering Fault, Active Steering Inactive follow by the message below. I don't feel anything off, the steering was not at an angle and drive straight, and the feel is as per normal. Could that be sensor fault? It has pop up everytime I start and restart the car. Has been like this for the past 2 days. Damn irritating.

Attachment 15119
[/quote]

Sent my car in for the steering fault. Discovered the slip ring was faulty, and that could also be the reason why I experience intermittent knocking sound when turning. They supposedly change it. Hope that solve the problem. Knowing PML, they may not completely fix everything.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='236107
Heh, I am really glad I have gone with Windows, for once!

What power board are you guys using? On mine, it will monitor the battery level; when it drops below 11V for a period of time, it will force a shut down. But I end up using hibernation so that I can shut down the power in a very short period of time.

[/quote]

the CNX-P1900 can be programmed to shut down during standby too after a certain low voltage is sensed.
i need to go back to the instructions to find out.
therefore by doing so, it will shut off before the low voltage warning comes on.
i understand even if the voltage of the battery reaches 11.3V, the car can still be cranked and by right, warning should not be triggered.

i have not experinced any voltage warning yet, maybe due to the difference in voltage settings we had.
my software version is 17.1 and i used to have the warning when i was on V15 or so. that was before even i had the macmini on.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:17 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by lmk' post='236137
Originally Posted by lmk' post='236033' date='Feb 7 2006, 12:33 AM
Heh, I am really glad I have gone with Windows, for once!

What power board are you guys using? On mine, it will monitor the battery level; when it drops below 11V for a period of time, it will force a shut down. But I end up using hibernation so that I can shut down the power in a very short period of time.
the CNX-P1900 can be programmed to shut down during standby too after a certain low voltage is sensed.
i need to go back to the instructions to find out.
therefore by doing so, it will shut off before the low voltage warning comes on.
i understand even if the voltage of the battery reaches 11.3V, the car can still be cranked and by right, warning should not be triggered.

i have not experinced any voltage warning yet, maybe due to the difference in voltage settings we had.
my software version is 17.1 and i used to have the warning when i was on V15 or so. that was before even i had the macmini on.
[/quote]

yes, it is programable.

http://www.carnetix.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...9ca0d85adb9e533
Old 02-08-2006, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='235910
hi

need help on mac mini.i have installed it but the resolution is very bad i can hardly make out the fonts graphics etc.
the docking icons on the bottom is very fuzzy.

what must i do to improve this

TIA
Change the sesolution setting on the mac-mini to lowest resolution( either with PAL or NSTC). The deafult that you have now is very high and E60 screen cannot show this resolution. This would solve yopur problem you have now.

Just a few words of caution, the setting would go back to the default once you cycle the MAC power. You would also see that the screen is off and need to adjust the V and H on the video convertor. Also the video setting on the convertor does not store permanantly.

I had contacted the manufacturer and working out something on this, would keep all of you in the loop once it is materialised. Most likely would chnage to the new version of video convertor.

Good luck.
[/quote]

maybe you can try this.
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69299

setting (640 x 480) screen resolution for bootup/startup
If you guys are trying to get your screen resolution to stay at a resolution that OS X won't load to, follow these instructions:

1) Download cscreen and save to desktop.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19753
It is a command line utility to allow screen changes.
2) Once it has been saved and a Disk Image has appeared on your desktop, open terminal and type in:
sudo cp /Volumes/cscreen/cscreen /usr/bin
3) Open Applescript Editor. Keep in mind you can set whatever numbers you want for your resolution (eg. 640 x 480 or 800 x 600). You can also set your refresh rate (eg. 60).
On Applescript type in:
on run

do shell script "cscreen -x 640 -y 480 -r 75"

end run
4) Hit Run button on top of Applescript editor to see if it works. If it does, go ahead and save it as an "Application." This will be under File Format on the Save As window. You can save it anywhere you want, the Documents folder is probably the best place.
5) Then go to System Preferences and pick "Accounts", then pick "Login Items" tab. There you can add the applescript that you have just created.
6) Restart your computer to see if it works.

Goodluck.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:29 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='236673
Originally Posted by 1628' post='235656' date='Feb 6 2006, 11:28 AM
hi

need help on mac mini.i have installed it but the resolution is very bad i can hardly make out the fonts graphics etc.
the docking icons on the bottom is very fuzzy.

what must i do to improve this

TIA
Change the sesolution setting on the mac-mini to lowest resolution( either with PAL or NSTC). The deafult that you have now is very high and E60 screen cannot show this resolution. This would solve yopur problem you have now.

Just a few words of caution, the setting would go back to the default once you cycle the MAC power. You would also see that the screen is off and need to adjust the V and H on the video convertor. Also the video setting on the convertor does not store permanantly.

I had contacted the manufacturer and working out something on this, would keep all of you in the loop once it is materialised. Most likely would chnage to the new version of video convertor.

Good luck.
maybe you can try this.
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69299

setting (640 x 480) screen resolution for bootup/startup
If you guys are trying to get your screen resolution to stay at a resolution that OS X won't load to, follow these instructions:

1) Download cscreen and save to desktop.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19753
It is a command line utility to allow screen changes.
2) Once it has been saved and a Disk Image has appeared on your desktop, open terminal and type in:
sudo cp /Volumes/cscreen/cscreen /usr/bin
3) Open Applescript Editor. Keep in mind you can set whatever numbers you want for your resolution (eg. 640 x 480 or 800 x 600). You can also set your refresh rate (eg. 60).
On Applescript type in:
on run

do shell script "cscreen -x 640 -y 480 -r 75"

end run
4) Hit Run button on top of Applescript editor to see if it works. If it does, go ahead and save it as an "Application." This will be under File Format on the Save As window. You can save it anywhere you want, the Documents folder is probably the best place.
5) Then go to System Preferences and pick "Accounts", then pick "Login Items" tab. There you can add the applescript that you have just created.
6) Restart your computer to see if it works.

Goodluck.
[/quote]

i am on 640 x 480 no probs.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Senior Members

guys the stainless steel brake lines r here. i forgot who ordered. only eggz i remember....call me 96817989

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans