E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' post='224151
Tried taking a pic of the HUD. Was at a traffic light junction next to Gleneagle Med Centre. Very helpful feature with GPS guidance on. Wish more information can be projected instead of just km/hr readout as default. I believe the M cars would show RPM and gear selector. Wonder if those can be reprogrammed into the non-M car's HUD. Wishful thinking I guess. What would be helpful is the display of gear selector.
The HUD in M-mode shows the rpm (in graphics), Km/h and gear used. However, no other feature like the nav, etc is shown.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:18 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

[That's what was printed on the option price list for E60 when I made my purchase in Sep last year. Apparently, there are two types of suspension settings for E60. The sports suspension (226) is less expensive than M sports suspension. Check with PML Sales to see if that price still hold. I think it's just changing the springs? Not sure.

retorift sport suspension (shock and spring) parts about S$2500 after 25% promo offer. $1K installation
if you have dynamic drive only can fit sport suspension. M sport suspension not compatible with DD equip e60.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='224111' date='Jan 14 2006, 11:46 PM
Attachment 14298
YeeeHaaaa!!!! Offically ran-in my ride tonight (1.5 months since delivery..SLOW!!!) and time to wake up the beast under the hood! Hmm...I floored the pedal, brisk pick up but gear switched at around 4.5 rpm. Didn't even red line past 3rd gear. Maybe works only with MS mode? or my feet was just too light on the pedal?
Don't be too anxious. According to the manual, you're supposed to gradually bring up the speed.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='224165
Attachment 14298
YeeeHaaaa!!!! Offically ran-in my ride tonight (1.5 months since delivery..SLOW!!!) and time to wake up the beast under the hood! Hmm...I floored the pedal, brisk pick up but gear switched at around 4.5 rpm. Didn't even red line past 3rd gear. Maybe works only with MS mode? or my feet was just too light on the pedal?
Don't be too anxious. According to the manual, you're supposed to gradually bring up the speed.
[/quote]

Roger that. I guess that's why my leg is still hesistant to floor it hard. Should not give the engine a "sudden shock" so to speak.

I will bring it up to 5000 over the next week or so before eventually reving it further to 6000. regardless, the feeling will be far far far from red lined an M6. Bet when one gets to experience the kick of an M6, my ride would be comparable to driving a proton saga...keke
Old 01-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='223637
Hiya, I thought it got the Wing Flaps joke.
No lah! Enough of that. But the guy got whacked by everyone for his arrogance.

By the way, I remember we have more than 10 guys who purchased the Video Interface. Show of hands, how many installed and comments please? Nothing heard from Totoseow, Equinox, Doctors, etc.
[/quote]

Yo, havent had time to get my video thingy installed yet.... been busy since the year began.... hope to see u guys soon. Will be keen on the drive up north too...
Old 01-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by equinox' post='224408' date='Jan 15 2006, 12:30 PM
Will be keen on the drive up north too...
Looking very much like end Feb/early Mar. Maybe by then you'd have sorted out your little prob at Ritz.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Members

yo zag,
if i change the springs only what other parts must i change too.i want to lower my ride the max and it looks like ACS springs?

equinox,

you got problems after ritz?no further news from rob?

up north why not plan a date now so all can be ready.....may i propose

19th feb or 5th march sundays...show of hands
Old 01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

BMW-SG is organising a night drive. Tentative date is 5 Feb.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7424

Toto, myself and my Jr are coming along. We should be able to organise something like this ourselves; just that there are too many of us who are "too busy" to attend.

Anyway, next BMW-SG meet-up will be on 22 Jan. I'm sending the M to PML for 1st servicing on Thursday and hopefully, will be ready in time for the meet-up. BTW, so far no complaints, phew.... except for some gear shifting and engine noises which are apparently "inherent with SMG and high cam engines".

I really hope we will be able to get something up and running in the coming months; on our own; with much better attendance than before. Otherwise, I'm afraid the Singapore E60 group may just slowly dwindle and die off.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='224834' date='Jan 16 2006, 11:56 AM
yo zag,
if i change the springs only what other parts must i change too.i want to lower my ride the max and it looks like ACS springs?

equinox,

you got problems after ritz?no further news from rob?

up north why not plan a date now so all can be ready.....may i propose

19th feb or 5th march sundays...show of hands
yo.. basically last round at ritz we couldnt get anything done. tried several attempts but didnt seem to have made any changes or improvements. there are certain control elements inside the box tats prevent the engine to read the new map. sort of a torque limiter kinda thing. they are still trying to solve it. lets see if they can or not. lets not dwell into tat on a public forum.. hee...
Old 01-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='225185' date='Jan 17 2006, 08:29 AM
BMW-SG is organising a night drive. Tentative date is 5 Feb.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7424

Toto, myself and my Jr are coming along. We should be able to organise something like this ourselves; just that there are too many of us who are "too busy" to attend.

Anyway, next BMW-SG meet-up will be on 22 Jan. I'm sending the M to PML for 1st servicing on Thursday and hopefully, will be ready in time for the meet-up. BTW, so far no complaints, phew.... except for some gear shifting and engine noises which are apparently "inherent with SMG and high cam engines".

I really hope we will be able to get something up and running in the coming months; on our own; with much better attendance than before. Otherwise, I'm afraid the Singapore E60 group may just slowly dwindle and die off.
Agreed Ed, wanna start the ball rolling? With your M6, maybe you shouldn't be the pace car... nobody can keep up

I just got my TV tuner upgraded to a digital one last night. It comes with 2 antennaes; one below the rear bumper and one on my windscreen. However, unable to test it yet because the installers forgot to bring the remote control and IR sensor. Will keep you guys posted. Anyone want my old tuner?

For those with intention of using iPod Video, the Digital Tuner comes with an additional audio input. As mentioned previously, our Video Interface will not allow audio only source; it needs to sense Video first before allowing audio. Therefore, I had to switch wires everytime I want to switch from iPod Audio to TV or Video; extremely cumbersome. With the new Digital Tuner, it solves all my problems. Now, switching between source (audio or TV/video), is simply done using the remote controller.

Hi Guys,

Something else I need help on. I just got rid of run flats and stock rims and got myself a set of 19" AC Type II rims. What do I need to do to lower the car? I have been looking at past threads in this forum and the BMW.sg forum but found it all too confusing; suspensions, coilovers, cutting springs, etc.

What I want is mainly aesthetics but not comprimising safety. I dont push the car hard, dont intend to track the car and definitely dont do reverse flicks; at least not until totoseow demonstrate and teach me :'( Therefore, the most cost effective method will suffice.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans