E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='216628
My next project will be a 380bhp E60......hehehe
Welcome to the community Wilson. You thinking of A 550?
[/quote]

Siao ah!!! Me where got $$ man!! Road tax oready kill me dead!!

Will have a run with your 545 once my 520 is fully done up yah!!

'The Great White'
Old 12-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Just discovered that the video i/f fix has caused a minor glitch.

When the key is turned till audio is played, the idrive used to power up also; now it doesn't.

Or, with the engine off, pressing the vol. knob will turn on the audio but not the display. However, though I can't see the display, I can still change audio source or track or radio stations blindly.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:57 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='216730' date='Dec 29 2005, 08:17 PM
Just discovered that the video i/f fix has caused a minor glitch.

When the key is turned till audio is played, the idrive used to power up also; now it doesn't.

Or, with the engine off, pressing the vol. knob will turn on the audio but not the display. However, though I can't see the display, I can still change audio source or track or radio stations blindly.
i don't think it is a glitch, i think it is how your power is being tapped.
if you tapped you power supply from accessory, the i/v will comes on and power up thus without the idrive screen(which need to be started) you can get volume. just double check the power supply.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='217132' date='Dec 30 2005, 02:57 AM
if you tapped you power supply from accessory, the i/v will comes on and power up thus without the idrive screen(which need to be started) you can get volume. just double check the power supply.
Glitch as in a problem. I know it might be due to the power tap. Any of you has this problem? I thought the 2 guys should know which to tap. Anyway, it doesn't really bother me now. I will call them up when I have everything done properly. I might need their help again later.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:18 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='217173
Glitch as in a problem. I know it might be due to the power tap. Any of you has this problem? I thought the 2 guys should know which to tap. Anyway, it doesn't really bother me now. I will call them up when I have everything done properly. I might need their help again later.
[/quote]

you should, the 2 guys are quite helpful.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 523i (JetBlack)

Shit ... I noticed I also had a roof leak after the meet up at Kallang, the downpour today make me a sad man. I didn't expect that it also happen to my (what gshock88 had experience). But the leak on my car is only at the bottom of the shark fin antenna.

I need advice from you guys, I took delivery 3mths back so asking for replacement is definitely a no, but what can I demand from PML besides just rectifying the issue, what is our rights. I will be going to PML workshop on coming Tue (3rd Jan). What a bad way to celebrate a start of a New Year. I want to complaint but who to approach ... btw, this is my 1st BMW ... very disappointing. Sigh.

But at least I am glad to see the M6 today, it is an awesome car.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

That's a nasty leak you have there. You'd better send it in first thing on 3rd Jan and get PML to rectify the matter. I think it's probably the seal at the shark fin that needs replacement. Also, speak with them about your roof lining because it may look not too bad now, but once dry may become stained.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

this is scary....i just ran down to check my car...lucky no leak. dun worry we will testiry on ur behalf shud u need.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Senior Members

What's the problem with BMW? These new cars are a disgrace to the good reputation of this marque
Old 01-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='217936' date='Jan 1 2006, 10:43 PM
What's the problem with BMW? These new cars are a disgrace to the good reputation of this marque
Hi Ol Warrior!!! I'm sure PML will do a good job out of this one. Its minor compared to GK Shock's experience a couple of weeks ago; hmmm... I wonder what happened to his case.

I displayed my M today at Kallang today at the request of Ryan. Boy was I surprised at the reception it received. There were loads of cameras clicking away, questions fielded; you'd think PML was launching the car. To top it up, the car was dirty from this morning's downpour with another session of rain in between the shots but that didn't deter the anxious shutterbugs.

Lets hope we get some respite from the rain tomorrow and I promise to wash the car and get some shots posted.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans