E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:50 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Quick question to you guys... do you notice the leather on the driver seat is so seasoned particularly at the side bolster area due to driver climbing in and out everyday to the point i can see small scuff mark on it almost wearing off?
I don't know about you guys but I set the side bolster to max body hugging coz i am not that big size but there is alot of stress on the leather in that area plus rubbing from getting in and out.

Do you know if this is repairable by section w/o changing the whole piece of leather on the seat?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:50 AM
Quick question to you guys... do you notice the leather on the driver seat is so seasoned particularly at the side bolster area due to driver climbing in and out everyday to the point i can see small scuff mark on it almost wearing off?
I don't know about you guys but I set the side bolster to max body hugging coz i am not that big size but there is alot of stress on the leather in that area plus rubbing from getting in and out.

Do you know if this is repairable by section w/o changing the whole piece of leather on the seat?
[snapback]180175[/snapback]

zag, my previous ride had this problem. It was very bad cos the x5 was high and always climbing in and out causes it to wear out. some areas the leather already worn smooth.

i went to groomworks and they had someone come and restore it.

more pics at http://www.bugabooinc.com/bmw/leather.html

the treatment is not permanent. But lasts a good 6 mths before the color fading and lines start to appear.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Senior Members

zag....go pml claim warranty
Old 10-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 523i steptronic (delivered 22nd Sept. 2005) solid black, amethyst dakota leather, styling 124 18" PS2

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Sep 20 2005, 01:47 PM
[quote name='zag' date='Sep 20 2005, 01:14 AM']Lye also commented the most dents he'd done on bimmers are of the current 7 series for whatever reasons!
[snapback]172360[/snapback]
Lye's comment to me was that he did most of his jobs on the S Class. The 7 series is not as bad. This, he reckons is due to the design of the S Class whereby the side is very open to damage caused by careless owners and passengers of other cars.

His comment to Zag was fair in that he said that he did most jobs on the 7 series AMONGST BIMMERS.

Anyway, lets just appreciate that we have a good craftsman here to look after our precious rides.

The other guy is Ah Long. Ah Long works hand in hand with Lye and he does paintwork. His work, I must commend, is impeccable, but his location is way out.
[snapback]172577[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Edlee. I went to Ah Long for my scratched rim and as you said: impeccable! He asked me how I found him. I told him I was referred to by Edlee. But he had no clue, probably because Edlee is not your real name. Next time you see him, tell him that Paul who drives a black E60 with a "7" and "4" on his license plate came on your recommendation. He likes "7" and "4".
Old 10-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by titanic' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:40 AM
I went to Ah Long for my scratched rim and as you said: impeccable! He asked me how I found him. I told him I was referred to by Edlee. But he had no clue, probably because Edlee is not your real name.
[snapback]180675[/snapback]
He GOOD!! Did you notice the number on his Lexus? 7777

He knows me by my name, Edward or car number 27 or car model 545. Mention any of these and he'll straight away know who you're talking about.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by titanic' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:40 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Sep 20 2005, 01:47 PM'][quote name='zag' date='Sep 20 2005, 01:14 AM']Lye also commented the most dents he'd done on bimmers are of the current 7 series for whatever reasons!
[snapback]172360[/snapback]
Lye's comment to me was that he did most of his jobs on the S Class. The 7 series is not as bad. This, he reckons is due to the design of the S Class whereby the side is very open to damage caused by careless owners and passengers of other cars.

His comment to Zag was fair in that he said that he did most jobs on the 7 series AMONGST BIMMERS.

Anyway, lets just appreciate that we have a good craftsman here to look after our precious rides.

The other guy is Ah Long. Ah Long works hand in hand with Lye and he does paintwork. His work, I must commend, is impeccable, but his location is way out.
[snapback]172577[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Edlee. I went to Ah Long for my scratched rim and as you said: impeccable! He asked me how I found him. I told him I was referred to by Edlee. But he had no clue, probably because Edlee is not your real name. Next time you see him, tell him that Paul who drives a black E60 with a "7" and "4" on his license plate came on your recommendation. He likes "7" and "4".
[snapback]180675[/snapback]
[/quote]

titanic: how much and how long did it take? i've got to go to him too.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' date='Oct 7 2005, 03:10 PM
titanic: how much and how long did it take?? i've got to go to him too.
[snapback]180752[/snapback]
Don't mind if I hijack this one.

He charges approx SGD 80.00 per wheel. If its just a very small abrasion, then hew might charge less. Again, if its small, then maybe a couple of hours. Most is a day.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:56 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Oct 7 2005, 05:18 PM
[quote name='bugaboo' date='Oct 7 2005, 03:10 PM']titanic: how much and how long did it take?? i've got to go to him too.
[snapback]180752[/snapback]
Don't mind if I hijack this one.

He charges approx SGD 80.00 per wheel. If its just a very small abrasion, then hew might charge less. Again, if its small, then maybe a couple of hours. Most is a day.
[snapback]180788[/snapback]
[/quote]

just an update.
i went to uncle Lye for the dent on my 7, and then to Long for the paint work on my bumper. both of them did the touch up fantastically.
3 hours for the dent removal, one day for the bumper work.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Senior Members

We've got Long for paintwork and Lye for dents. Two very good craftsmen to look after our ride. Now all we need is for PML to improve their servicemen's skills and we will be the happiest E60 owners in the world.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Was at Lye's today to get some dents removed from the front passenger door.

Some nutter pushed so hard against it with his door that Ah Lye had to do some special knocking from the outside to fix it. :'(

Must say, Ah Lye is a real pro, good as new after his magic

Will probably be going to Ah Long next to fix up my left rear scratched rim.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans