E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by russo' date='Feb 20 2005, 01:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming down to my joint for the meetup. Sure made the joint more happening with all the E60s parked along the road.?

I'm glad we have finally came together and sat down to decide the final details of the decal. I have given the draft artwork of the car decal to my graphic designer and once we have decided on the URL, we can proceed to print the decal.
[snapback]92305[/snapback]
Nice meeting you, Ed, Zag and dindae too. Tategoi not counted.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' date='Feb 20 2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming down to my joint for the meetup. Sure made the joint more happening with all the E60s parked along the road.?

I'm glad we have finally came together and sat down to decide the final details of the decal. I have given the draft artwork of the car decal to my graphic designer and once we have decided on the URL, we can proceed to print the decal.
Just checked at ipmirror which dindae had recommended, a new .sg URL costs S$63 a year to maintain, if its a .com then S$28. Nobody here are IT trained, so I am not sure if you guys still want to book the URL. The costs are affordable, but why pay if we don't really need the URL?

Sorry, I really can't remember what we have decided. I thought we are sticking to e60.net and build membership from here and decide later what step to take next. If this is the case Russo can go ahead to do the printing, and whether or not .sg is available is no longer relevant.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Feb 19 2005, 10:05 AM
Ah Ming in JL Sim Lim.? who is yours? TYE?
[snapback]91998[/snapback]
I did my first ICE at TYE when I had a Bora. Subsequently had it replaced at Swift Motion. With my current e60, I don't want to waste time and money, I go to Swift Motion straight.

How did your installation go?
Old 02-20-2005, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

Russo, thought we already sorted out the decal? There will be no local forum for this one. Will speak with you on this tomorrow.

Alamak, Stranger. Why is Tategoi not counted?

Anyway, it was nice to finally meet up with Dindae and Stranger. We are strangers no more!!!

Its nice to know that a few of us from different walks of life can come together and no matter what is mentioned over the forum, sit down and talk like old friends. It will be nice to have as many informal meets like this in future. Frankly, even though Russo's place is a little out of the way, it'll be a perfect meeting place for us. He can go about with his business and we can adjourn upstairs for drinks and chat. If there's need for aircon because of the heat, his office offers us this facility. I'm sure he won't complain as he'll get to wash our cars.

Will it be too often if we meet there at least once a month?
Old 02-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Feb 20 2005, 04:47 PM
[quote name='russo' date='Feb 20 2005, 01:39 AM']Hi Guys,

Nice meeting you, Ed, Zag and dindae too. Tategoi not counted.
[snapback]92320[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, as usual, 5 cars turned up, no more no less
Old 02-20-2005, 02:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Feb 20 2005, 07:48 PM
Will it be too often if we meet there at least once a month?
[snapback]92338[/snapback]
In fact, next meet could potentially be this coming Saturday. Zag and I will be there in teh afternoon.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

Great!!! Then I'll be able to find an excuse to run away from my wife again!!! Really cool - 2 Saturdays in a row.

I think Russo should get a photographer, line our cars up in front of his shop and take a nice group photo. It will definitely be great for his buisiness. Plus Dindae can send a copy to his "press" pals and get it publicised. Then next time we gather there, we can really expect buffet, wine and beer.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:15 AM
lmk
Contributors

Tategoi, i did not managed to get the car down today, it is done partially. maybe becos i am a little ngeow. i prefer him to do a good job. they are to continue tomorrow.
Swift has some good installers. won ICE contest too. i am sure you like their work done on your car.

too bad i missed meeting you guys yesterday, really hope to be able to meet up. hopefully i can make it to one of the future meetings.

Edlee, good idea to have food and wine....but how to drive home after that? when drink no drive, when drive, no drink leh...

can i ask a dumb question?

what is the purpose of the decals? and URL? please highlight me.

cheers!
Old 02-20-2005, 04:18 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Feb 20 2005, 08:00 PM
Great!!!? Then I'll be able to find an excuse to run away from my wife again!!!? Really cool - 2 Saturdays in a row.

I think Russo should get a photographer, line our cars up in front of his shop and take a nice group photo.? It will definitely be great for his buisiness.? Plus Dindae can send a copy to his "press" pals and get it publicised.? Then next time we gather there, we can really expect buffet, wine and beer.
[snapback]92342[/snapback]
i can offer to bring my camera down...no probs.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Feb 20 2005, 11:52 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Feb 20 2005, 07:48 PM']Will it be too often if we meet there at least once a month?
[snapback]92338[/snapback]
In fact, next meet could potentially be this coming Saturday. Zag and I will be there in teh afternoon.
[snapback]92340[/snapback]
[/quote]

Missed another meet. Guess I have to fly over more often.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans