E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On one occasion my 520 jerked violently when taking off from a traffic junction. I thought that is normal since the ECU needs to learn the way you drive. Unless you have multiple drivers which make ECU to relearn each time there is a change in driver, and thus get confused sometimes.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:10 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

another reported e60 stalling in sg!

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9064#9064
Denden, can you share you experience here as well?
Old 08-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 17 2004, 11:10 PM
another reported e60 stalling in sg!

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9064#9064
Denden, can you share you experience here as well?
My E60 amost stalled once did after a violent cough, managed to pull itself together and did not stall. I find that you need to handle the car gently from start-off to prevent stalling. If you press the acelerator too fast and thinking you are driving a 545i, the likelihood of stalling is greater. I think the car is so smart that it can protest when we try to push the 520 engine too hard. So, give your 520 tender loving care by pressing the acelerator gently and gradually.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Senior Members

my side window shades was found broken this morning. u know the shades that u can pull up from the door n hook to the top? it broke! not sure if pml warranties that. i think it broke cos car cud be too hot for the plastic..any advise?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Aug 18 2004, 02:01 AM
my side window shades was found broken this morning. u know the shades that u can pull up from the door n hook to the top? it broke! not sure if pml warranties that. i think it broke cos car cud be too hot for the plastic..any advise?
totoseow, if it melted due to heat, you can get replacement free. IF broken, then more difficult because you have to show not due to your fault. Maybe you can use the lighter to burn it a bit to make it melt?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:12 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Aug 18 2004, 04:01 PM
my side window shades was found broken this morning.? u know the shades that u can pull up from the door n hook to the top? it broke! not sure if pml warranties that.? i think it broke cos car cud be too hot for the plastic..any advise?
IMHO even though if it breaks for whatever reason, PML will and should replace under warranty.
I have my side window shades deployed 100% of the time.

At one point, there were creases at the joint near the dashboard on the side airbag covers on the two frontal bars where the windscreen sits, izzit call A or B bar?, my CSA just order new pair and changed them. They didn't even bother fixing them by re-adhesive or something i would have thought.
Complained Noisy wiper... CSA just change new pair for me no charge.

By the way, does your rear shade snaps or jumps coming out every now and then?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:20 AM
zag
Contributors

I am proposing a Saturday Aug 21 3pm - 4pm meet up for e60 owner enthusiasts on the island to share experience and exchange ideas.

Options of Venue:
1. Peirce Reservoir carpark (towards Upper thomson is it lower or upper?)
2. Tanglin golf course carpark (opposite Botanical garden)
3. Kent Ridge Hill carpark (South Buena vista road)
4. Any other suggestions

Alternatively Saturday Aug 28

Suggestion welcomed!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 18 2004, 04:12 AM
By the way, does your rear shade snaps or jumps coming out every now and then?
Hi Zag & All

My rear shade has this problem when closing - the right closes faster while the left seemed to have something obstructing and "catches up" after a delay.

Will highlight this on next visit to PML. Meanwhile, changed a left air-con air-vent and found that something behind the centre poplar-wood is loose and resonates with the car-engine so often that it is becoming annoying. Squeaks from rear seats or was it the centre arm rest/storage that dosn't quite catch well in the lock position making the noise? Noise also coming from near the head-lamp switch (sounded a little like wind-noise) and from within driver's door. THIS CAR IS SO DAMN SQUEAKY AND NOISY!!!

And yes, I did see the DD motor and rods on the rear axle too! Won't know if its free or by the time I ordered, they have already found out their blunder?

And Kent Ridge on 21st @ 3pm is fine. Anybody else coming along?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

I am keen to meet up this Saturday. 3PM is fine. Any venue is ok. I need help on the squeaking driver seats and the rattling on my left, suspecting from front passenger seat.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:00 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Aug 19 2004, 10:45 AM
I am keen to meet up this Saturday. 3PM is fine. Any venue is ok. I need help on the squeaking driver seats and the rattling on my left, suspecting from front passenger seat.
like what Kiasuking said: it might be the seatbelt anchor! Put a piece of cloth in between the seat and the anchor. See if it goes away!

Good! So far 2 interested already!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans