E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got 2 cars that have got the new pumps fitted, today so will be test drove tonight from what i know. so we shall see if its sorted.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Members

I have just got this letter from BMW and have confirmed the parts are now showing on the BMW part system

Further to the letters and e mails sent by yourself, us and BMW ******* I spoke to ******** of BMW ****** who gave me the following information regarding your vehicle:

BMW Munich received stock of the fuel pumps that malfunctioned in your vehicle on the weekend of 21st/22nd July 2007, these pumps are being shipped to England and BMW ******** has been reliably informed they should reach ******* BMW on 01/08/07. The

fitting of the fuel pump is a 3 hour job so should be done by the next day. The delay has been caused by the factory who manufacturers the pumps.

A factory order vehicle is showing up on the system as late September / early October. BMW UK will not authorise BMW ******* to supply a new vehicle as the pumps are on their way to England on a ship as we speak.

However, BMW UK have agreed to pay a goodwill gesture to your company for the lease of the vehicle.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M-sport, carbon black, beige leather.

Originally Posted by ASenna04' post='451149' date='Jul 23 2007, 04:20 PM
I have now picked up my 530i today. I have been told all 6 Fuel Injectors are now the new revised design. Pump has not been changed.

I will keep you this thread updated. Please do likewise, together we will know exactly what is going on.

Regards,

ASenna04
My 525i is having it's fuel pump replaced at this very moment after waiting 5 weeks for the part to arrive. I double checked with my dealer an they told me that they are not changing any injectors.

How did it go with just an injector replacement? Have there been any signs of repeat problems yet?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Members

From what i have made out. it was a batch of injectors and bad pumps. not all pumps were effected but allot were. so if they havent needed to dont worry.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M-sport, carbon black, beige leather.

Originally Posted by The Parrot' post='453254' date='Jul 30 2007, 02:09 PM
From what i have made out. it was a batch of injectors and bad pumps. not all pumps were effected but allot were. so if they havent needed to dont worry.
Cool, thanks for the info. I had the idea that the 2 faults were closely connected. i.e the fuel pump was actually causing the injectors to fail.

I am going to pick up my car in the next hour. Hopefully everything should be OK. I will obviously be keeping a close eye on how it goes for the next few weeks. If I learn anything new I will post here.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Members

Cool. now dont take anything i say as pure fact its just my observation. As we have had cars with faulty fuel pumps and also faulty injectors, not on the same cars and only the faulty parts replaced, so taking it as that they didnt come back so i assume they are not 100% related bar terrible QC at simens (now forgive me if i have messed up im terrible with remembering names of people let alone specific parts manufactors lol. Now whats my name again) anyway back on topic.
SO you should be perfectly fine if its just injectors, but even then it looks like the supply issue is solved now so there should no longer be 5 - 8 week waits.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

AAARRRRGGHHHH!!!!

My fuel pump/injector(s) just failed on my car, just passed 8000 km. Built week 12.

I was all set to drive to Ring Knutstorp tomorrow morning for the big annual BMW meet, I had also planned to take my car out for a few laps on the track... this really sucks :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

My car got towed to the dealer and now I?m driving an A6 Avant loaner until my dealer opens on monday
Old 08-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Krill' post='454963' date='Aug 3 2007, 10:39 PM
Built week 12.

Sorry to hear Krill, Mr. Murphy was there once again.

A week 12 built, is it already with the N53 engine?
If so, must be one of the first ones?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

Got my car back today already.

Injector in cylinder 2 was replaced and also all spark plugs... runs great now and the rough idle is gone too.

So fingers crossed, I asked them why they didn?t change all 6 injectors at the same time and they said that they only change
the one that has failed.... unfortunately I didn?t have time to argue with the SA but I did politely inform him that if my car breaks
down on me again and they then change one more faulty injector I would most certainly raise hell.

Can somebody please clarify this situation? Some say that the injectors have a design flaw and all of them will fail and some say
that it?s the high pressure fuel pump that has a design flaw which in turn causes injector failure???
Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krill' post='455915' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:32 PM
Got my car back today already.

Injector in cylinder 2 was replaced and also all spark plugs... runs great now and the rough idle is gone too.

So fingers crossed, I asked them why they didn?t change all 6 injectors at the same time and they said that they only change
the one that has failed.... unfortunately I didn?t have time to argue with the SA but I did politely inform him that if my car breaks
down on me again and they then change one more faulty injector I would most certainly raise hell.

Can somebody please clarify this situation? Some say that the injectors have a design flaw and all of them will fail and some say
that it?s the high pressure fuel pump that has a design flaw which in turn causes injector failure???
I went by my dealer today and was told by the service guy that there was an "ACTION" set for my car in their system. However, he had no info about what will be done, only that I would get a letter from BMW shortly.
I suspect that the letter will have info about the injectors and/or the HP fuel pump.
Also, I stopped by my sales guy and asked him frankly: I'm curious how BMW will compensate me for 4 months with a crappy car!? Because just fixing it will NOT be enough!!...and I'm sure you all agree?!
Any ideas what would be considered appropriate as goodwill?
Anyway, he promised me a personal meeting with some BMW country manager! Let's see where it goes

Quick Reply: E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts