E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by ASenna04' post='458194' date='Aug 13 2007, 07:25 PM
My car broke down again. It had all 6 new fuel injectors. I am now told it is the High Pressure Fuel pump that needs replacing.

Does anyone know how the two parts are related and if one can cause the otther to fail and if when replacing they should be replaced together?

ASenna04
Helllo,

The High pressure pump creates the pressure of 2000 bars to the tubes which lead to cylinders via injectors. If the pump creates too high pressure or some other malfunction it might probably break the injectors. I am not avare how complicated the pump is in term of pressure controlling, but the piezo injectors are really high tech - they can even make 3 separate fuel injections per one stroke, if the rev is not high.

Regards,
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Yike... still haven't heard anything from the dealer yet about what part(s) they need to replace and when they will arrive. If this is a problem all over Europe I 'm pretty certain I'll be using my loaner more than this week...

Edit: Well, my problem had to do with emisson control... apprantly a BMW can break down in more than one way...
Old 08-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M-sport, carbon black, beige leather.

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='458206' date='Aug 13 2007, 06:04 PM
Yike... still haven't heard anything from the dealer yet about what part(s) they need to replace and when they will arrive. If this is a problem all over Europe I 'm pretty certain I'll be using my loaner more than this week...
Hopefully the problem with the Fuel Pump should be under control now. I had this reply from BMW customer services about a week ago. It says that the time I had to wait was due to the problem still being investigated. Have a read...

Dear Mr Gould

I?m very glad to hear that you are re-united with your BMW and that it has been repaired to your satisfaction.

I fully appreciate your concerns about the parts supply issue and I can assure you that your experience has been very much a unique and unprecedented occurrence, brought about by an unexpected worldwide failure of a volume component form one of our regular parts suppliers.

I can assure you that this is not something that is commonplace within the BMW Group, in fact we pride ourselves in the efficiency of our parts supply operation. In the UK we process in the excess of 75,000 parts enquiries each day ? supplying over 96% of these to our dealer network within 24 hours, something of an industry achievement.

The time delay you experienced, for which we once again apologise, was due to a combination of the time required to investigate, re-design and re-manufacture the component in question then distribute to the worldwide network.

We very much hope that you can look forward to enjoying your BMW in the future and assure you of our continued attention should it be required in the future.

Kind regards
XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2007, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eddgould' post='458534' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:41 PM
Hopefully the problem with the Fuel Pump should be under control now. I had this reply from BMW customer services about a week ago. It says that the time I had to wait was due to the problem still being investigated. Have a read...
Dealer called today - The "action" due on my car is "replace all injectors with new ones and return the old back to BMW Germany". Nothing about the fuel pump...
Lets hope they are right
Anyway, by wednesday next week we'll see how things are. I'll be back!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Members

My 530i LCI is back from the dealer. I am told all 6 injectors have been replaced and the High Pressure Fuel Pump has been replaced as well.

Lets see if this fixes once and for all.

Regards,

Imtihaz
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

So it feels like my car is about to go through another injector failure... today while driving on the motorway I felt that the engine began losing power and I had to press the accelerator harder to maintain speed, also the fuel consumption gauge turned to max...

This is getting very tiring now, I bought a new bloody expensive car and it?s just causing problems that I definately don?t have time for. I?ve also got a rattle from the shifter, sounds like a buzzing noise when I accelerate. Oh and I almost forgot, the seatbelt in the B-pillar rattles as well. Last time the car was at the dealer it was supposed to have been fixed.

Just gone through a divorce to top it all of, so I?m selling the E60 and buying something smaller... and right now I seriously doubt that it?ll be a BMW, they need to get their quality issues sorted out before I fork out any more cash on a BMW! The new Audi A4 will probably be very nice, the new C-class with AMG sport pack looks great too...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Senior Members

Dealer called again today.
Car can't be fixed this week. New injectors not available yet. :thumbsdown:
He told me that there are about 4000 injectors on back order in Sweden alone!!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krill' post='462708' date='Aug 26 2007, 09:29 AM
So it feels like my car is about to go through another injector failure... today while driving on the motorway I felt that the engine began losing power and I had to press the accelerator harder to maintain speed, also the fuel consumption gauge turned to max...

This is getting very tiring now, I bought a new bloody expensive car and it?s just causing problems that I definately don?t have time for. I?ve also got a rattle from the shifter, sounds like a buzzing noise when I accelerate. Oh and I almost forgot, the seatbelt in the B-pillar rattles as well. Last time the car was at the dealer it was supposed to have been fixed.

Just gone through a divorce to top it all of, so I?m selling the E60 and buying something smaller... and right now I seriously doubt that it?ll be a BMW, they need to get their quality issues sorted out before I fork out any more cash on a BMW! The new Audi A4 will probably be very nice, the new C-class with AMG sport pack looks great too...
We are sorry to hear about your problem but you know the reasons for a divorce can be very complicated and the results are not always in favor to either of the interested parties. Determining fault to a party in a divorce case is one thing and has usually no effect in dividing marital assets. We in this forum can assure you that a divorce has absolutely no relation to the injector fault you're experiencing. However, settling a divorce is always the best case but usually is not brought up until the attorneys of both parties have charged fees that are equalling the equity of your house and your BMW which we understand is your case from deciding to sell your BMW.
Sorry I couldn't resist - Hope you are not mad making a little fun
Old 08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='463019' date='Aug 27 2007, 07:33 PM
We are sorry to hear about your problem but you know the reasons for a divorce can be very complicated and the results are not always in favor to either of the interested parties. Determining fault to a party in a divorce case is one thing and has usually no effect in dividing marital assets. We in this forum can assure you that a divorce has absolutely no relation to the injector fault you're experiencing. However, settling a divorce is always the best case but usually is not brought up until the attorneys of both parties have charged fees that are equalling the equity of your house and your BMW which we understand is your case from deciding to sell your BMW.
Sorry I couldn't resist - Hope you are not mad making a little fun
Ha ha ha ha!! Nice one!

Seriously though, am I the only one here getting pissed off at BMW?s attitude when it comes to things like this??? They were obviously aware of this problem before they began shipping the LCI cars, what the hell were they thinking when they decided "oh well, let the customers take delivery of their new cars... they?ll all break down after a few weeks but we?ll just fix them later"
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krill' post='463065' date='Aug 27 2007, 10:30 PM
Ha ha ha ha!! Nice one!

Seriously though, am I the only one here getting pissed off at BMW?s attitude when it comes to things like this??? They were obviously aware of this problem before they began shipping the LCI cars, what the hell were they thinking when they decided "oh well, let the customers take delivery of their new cars... they?ll all break down after a few weeks but we?ll just fix them later"
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll wait to pass judgement until I've spoken with the aftersales manager for Scandinavia.
I agree that it is total crap letting us, the customers, act as product testers - a work that BMW or Siemens should have done before launch.
I'm expecting a substantial compensation for my 4 months of increased mpg and a malfunctioning engine.

/

Quick Reply: E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts