E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My LCI 530i was fixed last week with a new Fuel Injector. The explanation was that there was a 'bad batch' of injectors. This week I had exactly the same symptoms again and it has gone back to the dealer. My guess is that another one has failed.

Anyone else apart from the members listed above with the same problem?

ASenna04
Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M-sport, carbon black, beige leather.

Originally Posted by ASenna04' post='445633' date='Jul 10 2007, 02:14 PM
My LCI 530i was fixed last week with a new Fuel Injector. The explanation was that there was a 'bad batch' of injectors. This week I had exactly the same symptoms again and it has gone back to the dealer. My guess is that another one has failed.

ASenna04
Looks like I am a +1 to the list you have.

Thread describing my 525i M-sport

The absolute lack of response from both BMW and my dealer is what is frustrating me.

Edd.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

Guys,
today my car went back to the shop for a diagnosic.
I was suspecting another injector failure but..nope!

Diagnostics suggested a malfunctioning catalyst or catalytic converter (don't exactly know the correct term for this in english).
Well, actually, the error msg was quite funny. Something like "The xx-Nox sensor has been intoxicated!" (where xx means two letters I've forgotten )
Anyway, my service guy (terrific mechanic I might add) checked with BMW support system to see wether it can be fixed immediately through some software tweak or if they will have to change the catalytic converter for a new one!

There was no info from BMW about this problem but the diagnostic computer suggested that the xx-Nox thingy could be "regenerated" - after the "regeneration" process the service guy said that I should go for a spin on the highway for atleast 30 minutes for the "regenerated" thingy to be clean again and this fault could have been a result from the faulty injector a couple of weeks ago! He also said that this also might have caused a higher fuel consumption.

Anyway the car behaves quite differently now! ...a lot smoother and no jerky behaviour at lower revs. So, all-in-all, everything seems fine...for now! I'll keep you posted.

ASenna04 and others...
Just wanted to give you the heads-up to check the xx-Nox sensor if you still have probs after changing injector!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by darraghn' post='432494' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:00 AM
Got mine back yesterday. They only replaced the 1 Injector. So I am a little concerned that one of the other 5 will fail at some point in the future. Dealer said they are sending my failed part and other cylinder injectors from other customers back to Germany for inspection. He said they will then decide if they are to implement a general recall.

Car is still a little "lumpy" at idle. In previous BMW 6 cylinder cars I've owned I found it difficult to tell if the engine was running at idle, with this one it is very obvious. Does anybody lese have the same problem?

PS. No goodwill gesture from BMW despite my brand new car being off the road for three and a half weeks - longer than I had been driving it

I wish you look on getting anything goodwill from BMW UK (Who now run BMW Ireland. What dealer are you using?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Members

Anyone esle got thier car back. Mine still off the read 5 weeks now
Old 07-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='446358' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:24 PM
Anyway the car behaves quite differently now! ...a lot smoother and no jerky behaviour at lower revs. So, all-in-all, everything seems fine...for now! I'll keep you posted.

ASenna04 and others...
Just wanted to give you the heads-up to check the xx-Nox sensor if you still have probs after changing injector!
BAD NEWS!
My LCI have started to act as jerky and rough as before :thumbsdown:
Riding on the highway with CC set to 120 km/h, everybody in the car can feel it...just as if one or two cyls are being momentarily shut off...not all the time but often!
I'm quite concerned now as I'm planning to take my family for a tour down south in about two weeks...

Aaargh!
This is really pissing me off!!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 530d Deep Sea Blue, Oyster/Black, Auto, Dynamic Pack, Professional Sat Nav, Professional Hi-Fi

Hi Guys,

My car is still running rough at idle - a got a response to my letter to BMW Ireland - saying their aftersales manager would contact me. 11 days later no contact

Called BMW Ireland this morning - they said sorry - manager was on holidays - but the Aftersales Manager from Murphy and Gunn (my dealer) would contact me - no call yet......

I wish BMW would at least acknowledge the problem and give an estimate as to when they will have a solution. If I reject the car I might just get the same problem again. From what others have discovered - it looks as if it might be the high pressure fuel pump at fault rather than the injectors - or perhaps a combination of both. It's also worrying that even if the problem is fixed it may have caused a problem with the catalyst....

Lets keep this thread going with any new information
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by darraghn' post='448929' date='Jul 17 2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Guys,

My car is still running rough at idle - a got a response to my letter to BMW Ireland - saying their aftersales manager would contact me. 11 days later no contact

Called BMW Ireland this morning - they said sorry - manager was on holidays - but the Aftersales Manager from Murphy and Gunn (my dealer) would contact me - no call yet......

I wish BMW would at least acknowledge the problem and give an estimate as to when they will have a solution. If I reject the car I might just get the same problem again. From what others have discovered - it looks as if it might be the high pressure fuel pump at fault rather than the injectors - or perhaps a combination of both. It's also worrying that even if the problem is fixed it may have caused a problem with the catalyst....

Lets keep this thread going with any new information
INFO UPDATE!
I just got this from a info letter from BMW regarding the injectors where it said (roughly):
BMW and their supplier (Siemens) are working very hard to come up with a solution with the faulty injectors and that they are very sorry for this.
Also, all servicecases must be recorded in PUMA. Dealers are not allowed to change any parts (pump, injectors) unless approved by BMW. If diagnostic report one faulty injector, that one can be changed! They are not allowed to do preventative work like change all injectors at once.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Members

I think this looks like the best one to post in. looks like 2 pumps came in to my dealership today. being fitted. will be test driven over the weekend. So ill keep you all update to see if they go again or not. If not They have fixed the problem.
Ill give freely any info i can, but dont expect much , sorry on that. i think everyone knows it all here now anyway.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ASenna04' post='445633' date='Jul 10 2007, 08:14 AM

ASenna04
I have now picked up my 530i today. I have been told all 6 Fuel Injectors are now the new revised design. Pump has not been changed.

I will keep you this thread updated. Please do likewise, together we will know exactly what is going on.

Regards,

ASenna04

Quick Reply: E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts