E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='435457' date='Jun 14 2007, 01:05 AM
My car has started to show same symptoms as before!
Where would to problem go if the part is the same...

Sorry to hear about this.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 530d Deep Sea Blue, Oyster/Black, Auto, Dynamic Pack, Professional Sat Nav, Professional Hi-Fi

Good plan ASenna04! Mine was built late in week 14 or early in week 15...

My engine still has vibrations at idle. I brought mine into my dealer last week. They said there was a software update, which they applied. It improved the vibrations a fraction, but it doesn't feel right to me.....
Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by darraghn' post='435737' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:26 PM
My engine still has vibrations at idle. I brought mine into my dealer last week. They said there was a software update, which they applied. It improved the vibrations a fraction, but it doesn't feel right to me.....
Maybe because they weren't aware of this recall...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=41120

ABC
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

Hmm, this is bad news...

I?m also feeling engine vibrations at idle from time to time. Wierd though because the vibrations are only apparent sometimes.
Engine is really smooth once the car is rolling and power delivery is also smooth... Guess I?ll have to wait and see what happens.

One thing I noticed today is that something inside the driver?s seat is loose, when I lean back against the back rest I hear a squeeking noise. Very irritating!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:05 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Krill' post='435765' date='Jun 14 2007, 06:44 PM
One thing I noticed today is that something inside the driver?s seat is loose, when I lean back against the back rest I hear a squeeking noise. Very irritating!

OK, probably a stupid question, but it's not just leather squeak is it?

I get a squeak where the seat belt buckle stalk rubs against the side of the seat, a bit of leather lotion usually quitens it down for a while.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KAF' post='435804' date='Jun 14 2007, 09:05 PM
OK, probably a stupid question, but it's not just leather squeak is it?

I get a squeak where the seat belt buckle stalk rubs against the side of the seat, a bit of leather lotion usually quitens it down for a while.
No, it?s not leather squeak. If I push around the center of the back rest I can feel a "panel" move/rub against something inside the seat, which then makes a squeaky kind of noise.. The most annoying thing about this is that I will have to take the car to the service department (a bunch of morons,) then I?ll have to leave the car with them for a day or so.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Members

I actually thought that buying an LCI 5:er would mean zero issues, but apparently not. Very sad.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Krill' post='435813' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:19 PM
I actually thought that buying an LCI 5:er would mean zero issues, but apparently not. Very sad.
Buying first anything isn't without some tryouts.

In this case new engine(s), but with updated chassi, chip tech and details.

BMW MY '08 will come up in September this year, hope it will bring some relief.

BMW do develop their cars all the time, not only at US nor EU MY updates,
so therefore it's important to know exatcly when ones car is manufactured.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i E60 Facelift

Originally Posted by ASenna04' post='435711' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:37 PM
OK, lets try and figure out if it is a batch problem. My LCI was built around week 14 (2nd April - 6th April). Do you guys who have had similar problem know when your E60 was produced? If it is around the same time period then it is likely to be a batch problem.

ASenna04
Same production date, exactly the same problem. I was told after one week it would take two more weeks to replace the injector, but happily three days later they got one. The car is a 530i, and the failure (power loss) happened when driving on the highway, I just escaped to the next parking lot. The vibration on low revs was terrible, BMW Assist had to pull me to the next BMW garage. Got it back last tuesday.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='435508' date='Jun 14 2007, 02:45 AM
And sorry to hear about your bimmer. I did have a similar problem before but it was not the injector's fault as the service guy can still drive the car but when it's idling is really rough. They said a problem with one of the sensor in the VANOS. Now the car seem to act up again. I find that the idling speed seem to be pretty low at 700rpm and therefore sometime the engine will shrudder at idle and one time the car stall when starting on an incline and I have an auto.

I should check in with the dealer soon as my warranty is about to expire.
Mine is also idling at around 600-700 rpm and also quite rough.
Also when starting off (it's a stick shift) I need to rev the engine more than normal to make sure that the engine doesn't come to a complete stop. It feels like there's no power at all on low revs even on 1:st gear. Sometimes it is very difficult to start off smoothly.
I've been driving stick shift cars for 20+ years and I'm sure that it shouldn't be like this.

Oh, today, going on the highway, having the CC set to 110 km/h (around 70 mph) the engine suddenly started to run as jerky just as before with the faulty injector but I then cancelled the CC, changed to a lower gear, hit the gas and the jerkiness disappeared.
I called the dealer and they said that they got no new info about the injectors but that they where to order a couple of spare injectors...Looks like my car going back to the dealer again. :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: E60 LCI 523i with cylinder injector fault - dealer can't get parts