E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E46 or E90 M3 wheels on a E60?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the BMW M3 style wheels with the machined spokes? Interested in some with black with machined spokes and some either gunmetal or silver with machined spokes (two sets, 07 E90 and 08 E60) I am assuming that you can recommend the correct size to fill the wheel wells aggressively without rubbing? What are your thoughts on the "TYREGUARDIAN"?

Ed
Old 01-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by hurst01
Do you have the BMW M3 style wheels with the machined spokes? Interested in some with black with machined spokes and some either gunmetal or silver with machined spokes (two sets, 07 E90 and 08 E60) I am assuming that you can recommend the correct size to fill the wheel wells aggressively without rubbing? What are your thoughts on the "TYREGUARDIAN"?

Ed
All our wheels are machined outers with darker grey inners. We don't have black wheels, but for the price, you can get them painted or powerdercoated.

We can recommend the correct tires.

the TyreGuardian is a great idea, no affect on performance but keeps you driving even after going over nails
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 AM
New Members

Greeting Y'all; I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2008 Alpine White 525i.
Those M3 replicas are the exact rims i will be installing this week; I just love the look.
BadDebt, you have a sweet car.
What tyre sizes are you running???
I am planning on 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear. Is this combination correct?
Thanks...
Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Bad Debt
The M3 wheels I have are the low offset that are stock for E60 and they are 8.5 and 9.5 . I got them from Umnitza, I want to say they were around $800 shipped for the set. We have gotten so many compliments on these wheels it's unreal, I thought I was doing good putting C63 wheels on my CLK500, but I don't get half the compliments I get on the Beamer.

The other nice thing is the inside spokes of the rim are gunmetal and don't show brake dust while the outside is sort of polished so they almost always look clean without to much Bling.

Those M3 replicas are the exact rims I will be installing this week; I just love the look.
BadDebt, you have a sweet car.
What tyre sizes are you running???
I am planning on 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear. Is this combination correct?
Thanks...
Old 04-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
All our wheels are machined outers with darker grey inners. We don't have black wheels, but for the price, you can get them painted or powerdercoated.

We can recommend the correct tires.

the TyreGuardian is a great idea, no affect on performance but keeps you driving even after going over nails

Umnitza,

I called a over a week ago and someone called me back a few minutes later, I believe his name is Tom. I explained what I wanted and have yet to hear back. I want a set of the BMW style 166 replicas in 18". I need at least a 8-1/2" in the front and preferable either a 9" or 9-1/2" in the rear. I can't find them on your site. A couple of months ago I found them individually on your site so that I could make up what I wanted but they are not there now. I need these for a 2007 BMW E90 535i.
Let me explain my situation. My Son needed something on his car so that he could get around in Chicago, and also get from Chicago to Southern Indiana without fear of slipping and sliding. The problem is that you can't get a snow tire of the correct size that is also a RUN-FLAT. Trust me, you don't want to be stranded in certain parts of Chicago in a late model BMW sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire.
I bought him some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus Zero run flats. The closest thing available to his size was 245/40-18. I installed them on his car and they have a tendency to rub. His car had spacers on it with the OEM wheels. I had to take the spacers off to keep it from rubbing and it made the car look pretty sick. I am old school and when I say pretty sick, I mean pretty bad. The wheels were sunken in and didn't look good at all. I don't know how the word "Sick" became good but his car looked Sick and NOT good. Because of the size of the tire on the front 8" wide wheel it is squared off. The rear wheel is 8.5 wide and the tire is not so square. He needed to get back to Chicago that evening and everything was closed, I wouldn't know what to get even if it was not closed.
I wound up putting the 8.5 wheel on the front and it looked pretty decent. The 8" wheel on the rear looked really bad so I put the 18mm spacers on the rear and installed the wheels again. The car looks tolerable and only rubs very lightly every now and then with 5 grown people in it when you hit a pretty good dip in the road. BUT, it has 8.5 in the front and 8.0" wheels in the rear. With wider wheels on the car the tires will stretch somewhat and should not rub. Even if I have to use a square set of 9s all the way around it should work, I don't know about 9.5s. Any idea why the individual wheels are not on the site now? BTW, he LOVES the tires. They held in the really bad snow that Chicago had and he never broke traction. You would have a hard time taking them from him.
I am disappointed that someone did not call me back, even to tell me that they are not available.

Ed
Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

You said E90 535i, did you mean 335i or E60 535i?

as for the wheels, we're out of stock on certain sizes, so I need to know which car we're talking about first.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by god_003
no M3 wheels but they have about the same specs if not the same

:l

...had these on my car and ran just fine without any problems as they were without spacers

of course if you want them to look good you will need spacers

other wise your set up will look like a sunken piece of shit

what mine looked like... didnt take many pics

...honestly if you want the new M3 wheel look i would go with the M5 wheel and do what many have done

have the face machined and the sides of the spokes painted a graphite shade of grey

like...

that way it fits correctly
Forget the graphite gray, although it looks fantastic. Simply avoid washing between the spokes for a few weeks. Save $$ this way. lol
Old 08-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Members

Ok. redEYEjedi

Need to know what spacers I need for style 219m wheels on a 2008 535i.

Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
You said E90 535i, did you mean 335i or E60 535i?

as for the wheels, we're out of stock on certain sizes, so I need to know which car we're talking about first.

I want two (2) sets of wheels. One for a 07 E90 335i and the other for a 08 E60 535i. What I would really like is the M5 (style 166) like is on the burgandy car in the above post. Problem is that for the 07 E90 335i, I need 18" wheels. I recently bought a set of 18" runflat tires for my Son's car and I can't afford to buy more. Now, for the next issue. The front wheels have to be a minimum of 8.5" wide. Runflat tires are not available in an all season tread suitable for snow and the tires I bought will rub slightly on a 8" wheel. The 8.5" wheels stretches the tire just enough that it barely rubs every-once-in-a-while. I have considered going with 9" all the way around. Currently, he is running the rear 8.5 factory rear wheels (style 162) on the front to keep the tires from rubbing. The 8s are on the rear with spacers to make it look decent. With the 8" wheels the tires are too squared off. The offset for the factory wheels is ET 34 (front) and ET 37 (rear).
With a 9" wide ET 35 his front wheel will set out 5mm farther that the current 8.5s with ET 37
As of right now, I also need another set for a 2000 E39 528. I can't get anyone to talk with me about the style 166 M5 wheel in the size of 18 X 8.5 (front and 9 or 9.5 in the rear. I love the M5 wheels with the machined face but they really don't fit too well on a 335i unless you buy replicas. I swore that I would never buy another replica wheel because out of 10 wheels we had 7 of them that bent. I don't recall hitting anything, they just started shaking. When trying to balance them I found they were bent.
If you have something I sure would like to know about it.

Ed
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Members

I am not getting a reply, this is going too slow. I need to find some wheels pretty quick. z06bigbird, do you know of anyone that has used these wheels on a 3 series?.

Quick Reply: E46 or E90 M3 wheels on a E60?